Recent content by xanderalexander

1. xanderalexander

Match Report

While Waddell had his usual sub-par performance with 4 knock ons, I was stunned at his skill and evasion in setting up that try for Paul Vaughan. He played a big part!
  2. xanderalexander

Match Report

The call I was most disappointed with was the high shot on Waddell that then finished up with a knock-on. While I have been far more impressed with JMK, I was pretty dirty that he wasted the captain's challenge so early on in the game.
  3. xanderalexander

Match Report

Thanks bud!
  4. xanderalexander

Match Report

The lead changed seven times in this engaging encounter, with the win cementing the South Sydney Rabbitohs place in the top eight following their win over the Canterbury Bulldogs. Late withdrawals were always going to be an issue in the first round match after a gruelling State of Origin...
  5. xanderalexander

Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

I don't think anyone on NRL 360 should be paid an ounce of attention. Having said that, Burton is someone I'd love to build our next 5 years around at the very least. He's young, uber-talented, driven and seems to have a very level head. And we have seen nowhere near his best. I'd offer $900K...
  6. xanderalexander

News Cross Ricky Stuart rumour off

There's not enough of this, where players/coaches wear their heart on their sleeve and define clearly who they want to coach. Some are in it for the coin, and some are in for the passion. I'd give strong consideration to *any* player or coach who expressed a strong desire to wanting to be in...
  7. xanderalexander

News Potter tipped to remain at the helm following Bulldogs resurgence

If it was announced now, it would undermine the salvaging of 2022 that Mick Potter is doing a great job with. If there is a Flanagan contract, it might be for 2023 and he might be onboarding already. Throwing another new coach at the Bulldogs within 6 weeks of the last - when they're starting...
  8. xanderalexander

News Bulldogs hard man Luke Thompson rushes home to England 'in an emotional state' to deal with a mystery family issue

Hoping all is well for him and his family. As I always say, I highly respect every single player that puts on the blue and white. But my love for this team means that I will passionately call out players who aren't performing, or who (in my opinion) aren't offering value for money. Luke...
  9. xanderalexander

Head Coach - What's the Technical Requirement?

Well said. I remember Gus being asked about 'gun' assistant coaches like Ciraldo. He replied saying that they were gun assistant coaches but could not fathom the step up in responsibilities, ie management of various groups, media, marketing and sponsors, KPI's and the actual job of coaching. He...
  10. xanderalexander

LOL I'd say that's a Bulldogs mandate, not an NRL mandate.
  11. xanderalexander

Is there a requirement for us to install a head coach as a NRL-mandated technicality? Surely Potter could continue to be 'interim' for 2023 as well if it's in the interests of securing the right coach, as opposed to the 'available now' coach. Yes, Barrett quit in 2022. Does that mean we need...
  12. xanderalexander

Old Habits Die Hard

Agreed... "...In today's modern game, the FRF and 2RF should be battling up-field and being staunch in defence through the middle. They should not be heavily involved when a team is close to the try line, unless working a crash play or running a defender-attracting decoy...."
  13. xanderalexander

Old Habits Die Hard

I played footy for over a decade growing up and I try to watch every match every round. I also read and listen to a variety of footy commentators, weekly. I have *never* understood why play-makers so consistently just go through the motions for the first four tackles and leave the 'big play' or...
  14. xanderalexander

Match Report - Dogs vs Tigers

Just want to thank everyone above for the kind comments! Go doggies :triumph: