Recent content by True Blue

1. True Blue

Official Burton 6 Taafe 7 2019 U20 SOO

Love it Wendog.......right from the outset I have said that there is great potential there for Taffe to play 7.....he is quick, has a good step and takes on the line. Is he an organiser....jury is still out, but if he plays a backing up role like Lamb then he could be a great option. He will...
  2. True Blue

Opinion Blake Taffee

And if I recall, it was Critta that let a high kick simply bounce without any attempt to take it on the full. The world of the fullback is not easy particularly on TK
  3. True Blue

A wins a win

You pay no attention to the fact that we had 64% possession in the first half (a lot due to the rorters incompetence) and you cannot expect that to continue for the entire game. With their roster even if down to 12 you have to expect a change in the momentum. Our boys are not used to being in...
  4. True Blue

Critta in full flight

Burton was running great lines because he was playing in the centres when critta was moved to the back. This where he was best suited....but unfortunately it meant that either Hutch or Sexton were putting up the kicks with no great purpose or penetration. In the first half we had 64% possession...
  5. True Blue

Protecting the Player and Duty of Care

Exactly T-Rocket......somewhat different circumstances (one on one tackle), but the call now for acting with a "Duty of Care" astounds me. Just two partial quotes for todays media reports......".. The hit doesn't look late but referee Gerard Sutton explains that May has a "duty of care" to bend...
  6. True Blue

It further annoys me that when a kick is put up, in most cases at least two of the kicking side come into challenge the receiving player for the ball. No problems with a genuine one on one tussle, but I believe that in most cases the second player is there to impede the actual receiving player...
  7. True Blue

Agree. If the NRL are serious about protecting players against concussions, then they must start to police these types of tackles....it is nothing against McInnes, but simply the tackling style when there is already two defenders bringing the attacking player down. Hansta makes the comment that...
  8. True Blue

Yeah Hansta I understand where you are coming from, but it could have been avoided and will continue to happen unless some action is taken.
  9. True Blue

I cannot help but feel that if the shoe was on the other foot and a bulldog hit McInnes in the head while making a tackle, that player would have at least been sent to the bin. There is such a thing as "Duty of Care" and a defender has an obligation to exercise reasonable care in making a...
  10. True Blue

BULLDOGS PLAYER TRADE

Totally agree with your views here. He has a lot of competition for the FB role, but I see him potentially developing as a great attacking half back..........
  11. True Blue

No Source Poasa Faamausili

And please don't forget to let us know when and where you find "quality" props available for 2024...........
  12. True Blue

The actual problem at Canterbury

Hard to dis Hard to disagree Wendog. The Murdoch press has been at the bulldogs for years and they just do not like our culture.......their continued harassment of the club is vitally different to any commentary on other clubs. Why are the stories continuing to be played out?........they simply...
  13. True Blue

Official Gus on Twitter

Marki, it is hard to argue with your points and I agree that we need to "create" that positivity, but I fear that too many of our players are just plain tired and knocked about by bigger & better sides......that is where your concept of "team engineering" makes a lot of sense......but...
  14. True Blue

Official Gus on Twitter

Have to agree Howie.......have to give him the opportunity to develop both the team and himself. I can clearly remember as usual that probably 80% of those on TK were clammering and wetting themselves to get CC as the next coach.........nothing changes on TK..........a poor year and everyone has...
  15. True Blue

Official Gus on Twitter

Yes they were missing a few players, but their roster was still better than ours on the day. The real point from that game was that we won because we played off the top of our heads.......no restrictive structures and this shows what we can do when the players are switched on and not over...