Recent content by the_insider

1. T

Thoughts on Zane Musgrove

He’s the type of player who needs to go to the storm and get some tough love from Bellamy. I’m not sure if he’d buy in with us
  2. T

Alex Twal getting released from tigers!

Don’t mind Twal but he’s very similar in size and output to Max King. IMO we’re really lacking that big bodied powerhouse middle forward, Twal, King, Knight, Thompson, Waddell, Edwards, Sutton are all fairly similar body type.
  3. T

Blake Wilson

How big is Wilson? Can’t seem to find listed height and weight anywhere. He looks abit undersized but it might just be me making a subconscious judgement because he’s a white kid who wears a headgear
  4. T

I think the future is England

The knights have signed 2 young English lads for next season, it’ll be interesting to see how they go and whether going down that young Englishmen route is a good pathway
  5. T

Willie Mason

To be fair Dom Young has scored about a thousand tries on that right edge even though Ponga has been attacking predominantly down the left. Ponga is the main man for sure but everyone plays their role, the second game against us Ponga barely touched the ball and they put 40 on us without much fuss
  6. T

Opinion Emerging players to watch across all grades in 2024

I like Morrin and really hoped they train him up as a back up hooker and add some versatility to his game as he’s not really big enough to be a full time middle IMO but considering we’ve signed 300 utilities already it’s hard to see where he fits in.
  7. T

2023 Round 27 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

As you said good pack, their backline is probably one of the best in the comp when you factor in how good they all are in the yardage department. Their spine on paper isn’t fantastic outside Ponga but Hastings, Gamble and Crossland are all competitors and play the parts to a tee, when Ponga...
  8. T

2023 Round 27 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Elliott is playing finals footy 2 years in a row for 2 different teams who had failed to make the 8 the year prior wtf is the world coming to
  9. T

Rumour Kurt Mann

To be fair Mann destroyed us so Ciro is probably impressed that someone managed to dismantle his genius defensive scheme and wants to know how he did it
  10. T

2023 Round 25 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

They probably don’t have the high end silky skills of say Brisbane or the overall consistency of Penrith but in terms of yardage, tackle breaks and those areas they’re elite. What I like is they all have different body shapes and different strengths.
  11. T

Opinion Bulldogs Drive for 25 !

How big is Morrin? Never seen any listed measurements but he looks quite short and nuggety
  12. T

Freddy & Joey on Matt Burton

Whatever you think of Freddy as a coach I think he’s more than qualified to comment on this discussion considering he was started his career as a centre and finished as a 5/8th, he also won premierships and played for Australia in both positions so I don’t think there are many people who...
  13. T

Burton is not worth big dollars

Burton is a centre with a kicking game. I’ve said this about Burton previously and I think it still holds true, he’s a very predictable player because he has two strengths in his game that are light years ahead of the other parts of his game and that is his bomb and his left foot step, the...
  14. T

TPJ

Yep, for a guy with his size and power he doesn’t break nearly as manly tackles as he should. In 10 games he’s broken 9 tackles, by comparison Tino has broken 31 tackles in 13 games. Early in his broncos career when he actually used to run hard he was breaking between 50-60 tackles per season.
  15. T

Recruitment Options Becoming Available

Tino won’t come, he left the storm and signed with the titans to be closer to his family and those family ties have only strengthen with his brother there as well now, add to that we’re in no better position than the titans in terms of where we are ladderwise and how much we could offer him