Recent content by The__GM

1. The__GM

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

So when the Melbourne Storm or Penrith Panthers run preseason army style camps that involve sleep deprivation and hours long physical and mental endurance challenges, it’s good for culture, team building and helping the players push themselves beyond their limits so they can compete week in week...
  2. The__GM

Stat dive - defence analysis

Was interesting to just go back and look at our team list from the corresponding Round 7 clash, we lost 30-4 against the Eels, this time last year. Only 6 carry over players, and Sutton/ Preston are currently injured. Lots of minutes for a lot of average NRL players, a fair few who aren't in...
  3. The__GM

Opinion Sam Hughes

He was coming off of back surgery if I remember correctly? Basically the coaching staff have had him wrapped in cotton wool to start and ease him in. Just because he’s an incredible endurance athlete or strong in the gym won’t mean anything on the field if his head isn’t in the game getting used...
  4. The__GM

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

NAS Breaks Egans Jaw... Forceful tackle. https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/08/01/forceful-tackle-why-nas-was-cleared-over-egan-incident/ One set of Rules for Melbourne, one set of rules for everyone else.
  5. The__GM

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Xerri is what we wished for in Schoupp and Alamoti, for a third of the price.
  6. The__GM

News NRL contract news: Bulldogs star Jake Averillo reveals how Wayne Bennett lured him to Dolphins

Xerri seems to have it both ways - doesn't look out of place taking 20+ hitups for 200m+, but also has the silky hands for the quick catch-pass, and a nice step to go in-and-out and burn his defender as well. Averillo might have a little more flashiness to him, but Xerri has a much higher floor...
  7. The__GM

Opinion Max & Sam - Why no1,2 Punch, CC?

Side note: I keep forgetting Ryan Sutton is on the team/ injured... Don't think he solves our problems up the middle, regardless.
  8. The__GM

Official Max King extends to end of 2027

Max King makes my cock sting.
  9. The__GM

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Great offload from the ground by Ogden lol
  10. The__GM

News 'Minister' Tetevano to preach hard training at Bulldogs

Great - another bloke who will injure our players during training.
  11. The__GM

News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Terrible signing - I know we are desperate for middles, but, we shouldn't be this desperate.
  12. The__GM

Official Sam Hughes contract extension

Well deserved Samuela'a Haas. Going to dominate in the middle for us for many years.
  13. The__GM

Your Round 1 Team?

1. Tracey 2. JAC 3. Critta 4. Kiraz 5. Wilson 6. Burton 7. Sexton 8. King 9. Mahoney 10. Hughes 11. Kikau 12. Preston 13. Curran 14. Mann 15. Poasa 16. Morrin 17. Salmon
  14. The__GM

Zane tetevano signed for 2024

Terrible signing all round. Bracing myself for the Tyrone May signing next.
  15. The__GM

Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

I'm going to rock up to the office next week pumping a loud speaker, bring on the promotion/ payrise