Recent content by Taylforth

1. T

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Where does this case end for NRL clubs? Does it mean that every time some squad player gets the hump over some training aspect that he cannot do or does not suite him, where he perhaps arguably feels bullied or intimidated, then he lawyers up & prosecutes the club for compensation? He can...
  2. T

Opinion Blake Taffee

After watching the replay of our Knights game a couple of times, I must say, I was quite impressed by Taafe’s 12-13 minutes @ HB. Short though it was, he was out there chirping away, heavily involved and let the ball reach our back line several times utilising our weapons. Resulting in a try on...
  3. T

And one thing is for sure, he is hugely unlikely to ever play NRL level again nor will any club sign him with that history. Sounds like someone got in his ear about “lawyering up” and “sue the bastards”. Bad decision. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. T

Agree. What that whole sad exercise proved, was that the physical / mental standards & expectations of an NRL player were not something Topine could handle nor meet. Handy NSW cup player but not suited to NRL. Goodbye & good luck. Hope our lawyers can avoid a long expensive drawn out case.
  5. T

News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

I think you’re right re Skelton. I bit like Hayward, (HB/hooker) to get considered and noticed he may need to develop more flexible positional skills. But agree he needs to be somehow given a shot at NRL level.
  6. T

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

Couldn’t agree more. Widely varying opinions on TK, but am also of the view that Taafe/Sexton are clearly better options than Hutch, until O’Neil is ready. I also feel we need to get players like Suluka-Fifita, Tetevano, Hoffman consistently back on the field asap to bolster our forward pack...
  7. T

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

Yes those 2 matches should have been Dogs wins. IMO blew good chances with both. Hopefully we learnt from that, how to close out matches. However what’s done is done. Need to look to matches ahead Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T

News Hull FC target Canterbury Bulldogs full-back as Richie Myler closes in on first signing

Yep good move for Hayze. I think he’ll do well. He should take it if offered. No future @ Bulldigs for Hayze anymore. Agree re the others however Tetevano is an odd one. Recent recruit and yet to play NRL (injury still?). Not totally clear why we bought him so late in his career Sent from my...
  9. T

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Yes we can only assume CC/JT have something planned here, as the attacking and defensive prowess of our team is now accelerating exponentially each week. Hutch doesn’t seem to fit attack-wise IMO. He essentially plays somewhat like Flanno when he was with us. Reasonable/good defence & doing...
  10. T

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Yep ecstatic at last after so many years of gloom. Gives a real lift to the weekend. Each game we now regularly seeing 7-8 players running 100m or more. Really getting some go forward and finally winning >50% possession share. Missed tackles this week have been kept under 10% again. Yay...
  11. T

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Yes agree. CC talks about the boys now having belief in what they are doing. However if unlucky, narrow (“brave”) losses continue, that belief will rapidly dissipate & we will see a repeat of 2023. A couple of solid back to back wins will do wonders for confidence in our system. Looking at the...
  12. T

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

I’d agree. In fact Tracey might be an interesting option. From what I can see of his junior’s history, he played a lot in the halves. However imo, he needs firstly to spend some time in Cup at HB or 5/8 to see what he can do. In the short term I’d agree also that Taafe or Sexton would be worth...
  13. T

Other News Source James Fisher- Harris Signs with Warriors 2025

Yep exactly. The Broncos, Warriors, Storm, Eels, Manly & Panthers look quite different teams, coming back to the field, when they lose their star organising halves pairing. Unfortunately most of them take some years to develop (Cleary is somewhat the outlier). However I hope & pray, that we get...
  14. T

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Indeed, Hutch is really not steering the team around the field. Sexton or Taafe have surely got to be better options……at least until someone like O’Neil is ready. Crichton our elite buy, is still not seeing enough ball at in the backline, although at least kiraz, xerri and JAC all ran huge...
  15. T

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Well fair enough. Kinda feel the same after so long doing nothing but losing, without even a whimper. At least we are now competitive. Winning most of the game stats and plenty of positives. However what leaves me hugely frustrated is that both the South’s & Storm losses were games we should...