Recent content by Ripley

1. Ripley

SMH Luai

Keithy seems to have done himself a mischief.
  2. Ripley

How does our Junior pool rank with other clubs?

It matters little in the modern game except for the prestige of having a local junior in your NRL team and of course there being juniors playing League… anywhere… for anybody to develope. Talent identification and how early you can get them into your system is vastly more important. Easts prove...
  3. Ripley

News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

Moses is gonna mentor Premiership winning, SOO and Aus rep Burton is he? Two out of three Moses has never done and the other done poorly. Is he gonna mentor Burton how to handle big game pressure? Look, if, and I doubt we will, buy Moses, mentoring anyone is the furthest thing he’d be allowed...
  4. Ripley

News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

Moses has been called a lot of things, never a mentor.
  5. Ripley

Or look at what he does. The man is patient. He works on 5 year plans and don’t mind if they take 10 to pay off…for the long term. Everybody thinks he’s planning for ‘23. He’s planning for the decades after that.
  6. Ripley

If he expects Khaled to debut this year I doubt Gus’s got the same timeframe as you. And if Khaled does debut this year he won’t be waiting 4 years for a shot, not even 3, or 2 or 1. As soon as his contract’s up he’ll look for an opportunity elsewhere.
  7. Ripley

I think people mis-read or don’t pay attention to Gus. He’s said numerous times he wants home grown or developed talent making up the majority of the team. Also has a high opinion of Khaled, expects him to debut this year. I can’t see him blocking his or that other bloke - Hayward? paths for...
  8. Ripley

Santa Claus Gus

Peter Fitz was speaker at a Xmas lunch I attended about a decade ago. Met everyone in the room, photos with anyone who wanted them, including me as hooker in a scrum with him as prop, and told some of the funniest fuckin’ stories I’ve ever heard, some in French (from his time in French Rugby)...
  9. Ripley

King of the hill..Shaggy

Driving through Regents Park about 30 years, crossed the railway bridge and outside the shops there on Park Rd, there’s Skull. You’d see Skull walking the streets of the area all the time back in the day, lived locally. Anyway, my stupid mate who’s my passenger, decided it was brave to give...
  10. Ripley

Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

Worst case scenario would be budgeted for, as would best case. If he gets payed out at any time it won’t be for the base figure he signed for, and if he gets us to Top 4, Top 2, a Premiership he’ll be getting more the base figure he signed for. And both will be budgeted.
  11. Ripley

TPJ

He’s fighting to late, very very late, in the tackle for the offload. And getting them. I think you can have the fast ptb or the late offloads, not both. Which do you pick?
  12. Ripley

TPJ

Has been the last two weeks. Nobody’s got his offloads.
  13. Ripley

TPJ

The other way around seems to work.
  14. Ripley

TPJ

Simply the beast.