• Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Recent content by Ripley

1. Ripley

Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

Every year since the top 8 positive f/a ends at top 6, sometimes maybe most times even positive win/loss. That’s why every year, if you get on a decent enough run, every team is a chance at position’s 7 & 8. They’re the lottery spots.
  2. Ripley

Opinion Favourite/Best Bulldogs quote together with moment.

“Follow me.” Peter Kelly. 1985 GF.
  3. Ripley

Bellamy re-signs for TWO MORE seasons and then SOME

“So basically, I’m signing for another five years. It’s very adaptable though, I’ll be the head coach next year then after that it’s basically see how we go.”
  4. Ripley

Bellamy re-signs for TWO MORE seasons and then SOME

Just seen him Twitter (The Storm account) telling his team he’s signed for FIVE years. Head coach next year at least, then maybe more, or maybe into football management role.
  5. Ripley

STORM NOT LETTING STAR HOOKER GO ANYWHERE

Gus won’t pay overs, which some idiot club will do if… when… there’s a bidding war for him The moment Gus walked in the door was the end of any play for Cheese if it wasn’t dead already.
  6. Ripley

STORM NOT LETTING STAR HOOKER GO ANYWHERE

One thing everyone saying throw the bank at him haven’t considered is the blatantly obvious: Gus won’t. And that’s why Cheese is never coming here. End of, full stop.
  7. Ripley

Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

I reckon Smith would be thinking of 3 options in no particular order: What Bellamy is gonna do. More Premierships with Melbourne. Money. The latter if ridiculous a big chance of over riding the prior two because as always - money changes everything. And I reckon that’s where it counts us out...
  8. Ripley

Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

I bet he won’t because he’s absolutely no need to. He could hold off till this time next year and have more options by the day, certainly more than Nov. First of which would be seeing what Bellamy is gonna do. And do remember, anything that comes after “apparently” in a sentence means...
  9. Ripley

News Inside the rebuilding of Canterbury Bulldogs

The best thing this Board has done for the club is being un-noticed.
  10. Ripley

Opinion Twitter

I’m not sure of this, maybe someone will know…. I think he was “The Little Battler” on Hume Hwy there at Yagoona? Again, not sure, but I did hear it somewhere.
  11. Ripley

Opinion Twitter

Lou was one of the people collecting signatures for the EGM. I couldn’t find it but I remember one of the Board at the time describing him as a “Would be power broker with a pocketful of signatures” (or something like that from memory). The SMH of March 3 2018 described him when he ran for the...
  12. Ripley

Official Round 19 Bulldogs V Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

JMK/BBO combo has a lot of potential.
  13. Ripley

News Phil Gould to bring stability an certainty to the Bulldogs

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder One of the four beasts saying, 'Come and see.' and I saw, and behold a white horse" There's a man goin' 'round takin' names And he decides who to free and who to blame Everybody won't be treated all the same There'll be a golden ladder reachin' down...
  14. Ripley

Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

This is the job at the club Gus has wanted for a long time. Listening to Gus over the years tells you we’ve always been his favourite. I’m paraphrasing here but I’m sure others would’ve heard - “Every footballer should spend some time at The Dogs” “ Football is in the walls at The Dogs”...
  15. Ripley

Rumour Signing updates from old mate sleepy

Whatever that means all well and good. But cooling off periods in regards to contract laws refer to buying goods or a service. Like a car or a house or an internet provider. Not employment.