Recent content by Pottz

1. Pottz

Stat dive - defence analysis

Exactly. According to the NRL a missed tackle is when the "defensive player does not bring player to ground or complete the tackle". So I think that means if say Mahoney hits an attacker first and slows him down but falls off or doesn't jump back into the tackle before the referee calls held...
  2. Pottz

Yep, doesn’t hurt that Fox looks like he is on every type of steroid either, how can a guy that bulky up top run that fast? The other defensive effort that is just out of this world is Kikau. Makes it his personal mission to lead every kick chase and rarely misses, imagine the sound of him...
  3. Pottz

Spot on. Look at Fox - how many miracle intercepts did he go for in our defensive 20m last year out of either desperation or just not knowing what to do? Has he even done that once this year?
  4. Pottz

It’s also because missed tackles are a completely misleading stat. They don’t reflect the impact of a missed tackle on bringing the attacker down, or slowing him down enough for other defenders to take him. This is why the nonsense about Mahoney’s number of missed tackles drives me so crazy...
  5. Pottz

OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Agree with this. With Patolo gone for a while I reckon Ciraldo goes with: - Hughes and King starting props - Bench of Mann, Morrin, Taaffe and one of Kautoga/Knight/Faamausili/Tetevano. - We also have Sutton and Suluka-Fifita to come back from injury at some point.
  6. Pottz

Burton is a half

Spot on. Burton is a confidence player, when he’s on he’s unstoppable and when he’s not he goes missing and into his shell. Today you could just tell he could smell blood and his confidence was up, he just looked so much sharper and ran for 70m. Couple of errors and missed tackles but he is...
  7. Pottz

While we keep playing like this I suspect Hutchison stays and Taaffe is on the bench to come on and play 7 only when we need him. Ciraldo is squeezing every last bit of effort and ability out of our list at the moment and switching halfbacks is a risky move. Taaffe came on for Hutchison today I...
  8. Pottz

So many things to like about today: - Our forwards once again playing way above expectations. Patolo gone after 10 seconds and we don’t even blink, Hughes comes straight on and scores. - Our bench punching miles above its weight. - Critta screaming at the boys to keep them out with three...
  9. Pottz

Opinion Patolo

Ciraldo did this with Hughes too. Hughes was getting 10-15 minutes max for the first few rounds and then in the last two rounds he's up to playing 40 minutes and looking really good. I wonder if Ciraldo just does this with new/young props, he wants to ease them into their role for a few weeks...
  10. Pottz

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

As much as Kiraz might want to play centre, look at him last night when back on the wing - 303m run and 6 tackle busts, he was in total beast mode. He is a winger any day of the week.
  11. Pottz

Fox

Great post. We don't need more yardage backs when Kiraz can run 300m and Tracey, Critta and Xerri can also pitch in. JAC is money well spent when as you say he can burn pretty much any opposition if he gets room on the outside. And when he has guys like Burton, Kikau and Xerri feeding him good...
  12. Pottz

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Xerri was awesome. Most impressive for me was actually when he dropped the ball. No excuses, didn't look to the ref for a penalty, just got up and owned it and then took the first hit up of our next set. The guy is clearly so grateful to be playing footy again, absolute masterstroke by Gus to...
  13. Pottz

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Yep absolutely. Taaffe has shown enough and has experience as a halfback, and Tracey was a rockstar last night, so safe under high balls, strong carries, has pace to burn, he has been really impressive every game but took it to another level last night. You're right about Crichton too I reckon...
  14. Pottz

He was fantastic. Tracey and Taaffe both playing well and with confidence together will be awesome to watch. Xerri was also awesome tonight. He’s been feeling his way in earlier games which is fine, but he remembered how to play like he used to tonight, he will be a gun again and tonight locked...
  15. Pottz

Haha yeah I get you, you’re totally right though that Critta was off tonight and I really think it’s because we haven’t worked out how to best use him yet. It’ll come.