Recent content by Philistine

1. Philistine

News Sharks player Trindall charged with DUI, awaiting cocaine test results

Did Monty Python write the rules for the World Anti-Doping Agency?
  2. Philistine

The Consolidated WWE Superthread

There has been plenty of speculation on these threads (not this one specifically) about whether players read what The Kennel has to say about them. I am happy to report that even wrestlers read the TK wrestling thread. Last week on the AEW Dynamite programme, Will Ospreay (IMO the best performer...
  3. Philistine

If Rock's performance on Raw was not a face turn, I don't know what one is. He started out calling the crowd "trailer trash", and they were rapturous in their cheering, so he didn't have too many fences to mend. Then his talk with Cody was a positive love-in, which he finished by giving Rhodes a...
  4. Philistine

That is a big call, and I can see a couple of problems with it: i) Rock appears to be in better shape than he was in January, but nowhere near ready for a singles match. Roman Reigns can't carry him, I'm not sure whether Cody can. He can of course keep working on his fitness back in Hollywood -...
  5. Philistine

2024 English Super League Thread

If a coach arrives at a club and Oki is already there, he has to buckle down and do the best he can with him. If a coach signs up Oki, or stands by and does nothing when someone else in the club signs him, he owns the problem, and deserves to be sacked.
  6. Philistine

Your tells are spot on, but I wasn't paying much attention to the tag titles. The Rock and his antics pushed everything else to the background. When I saw the Rock with Jinder Mahal, it was obvious that he hadn't got a match in him. The bookers could not put Rock into a singles match, and so...
  7. Philistine

I must be watching too much wrestling, it’s affecting my mind in strange ways. I watched all thirteen hours of Wrestlemania on Kayo (actually about six hours, fast-forwarding through the endless promotion and talking heads), and the only match result I failed to predict in advance was the six...
  8. Philistine

Opinion Injury replacements

We tend to see the deficiencies in our own players and overlook those in opponents. Coates is a tremendous attacking weapon, particularly in the air, but his defence is dustier than Skelton's.
  9. Philistine

U.S. Politics Discussion 2.0

I have always detested the idea of kings and queens. which is a particularly ironic view for an Australian to hold, since we have the double whammy of a king who lives the other side of the World, and owes his allegiance to another country. The Americans used to refer to their system as "the...
  10. Philistine

Opinion Was Taaffe targeted?

We missed Taaffe more than most of the Kennel realize after he went off. So far this season he hasn't showed much in attack (prior to yesterday), but he has been safe under a high ball, he has plugged holes in defence, and he has communicated well - all qualities that were sadly absent in the...
  11. Philistine

Ask and you shall be given. https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf If you don't feel like ploughing through the whole thing, read the executive summary. Hur outlines the considerable evidence that Biden committed a crime, and then explains...
  12. Philistine

It wasn't a judge - it was a special prosecutor! His job was to determine if a crime had been committed, and he did. When Biden's keepers claimed he had "exonerated" Biden, he was quick to point out that he had done nothing of the sort. And it wasn't the job of the special prosecutor to second...
  13. Philistine

Official Gus on Twitter

It sounds as though Mooney's dad is stuck in the nineties. There is no shame in coming off the bench and playing 55 minutes. When interchanges first became a thing, coaches sent out their best thirteen to start the game, and used the bench players to give their stars a break. As tactics...
  14. Philistine

Amazing how history repeats itself and the people who can stop that repeat never seem to learn from the previous time. Fifty years ago President Lyndon Johnson died. He was a lifetime politician/public servant with no other identifiable source of income, but his estate was worth something like...