Recent content by Matty

1. M

Opinion Sam Hughes

Hughes is in my top 3 players who’ve impressed the most this year. He has been aggressive asf, run outstanding short ball lines (and also picked up 2 tries) and overall he has come on in tough situations and we don’t have the biggest pack but he has borderline been carrying the tesm
  2. M

Burton is a half

Tbh we should have beaten Melbourne down there with 5 players out. We were the better team. We are booming in confidence right now and the bye can’t come at a better time for us. Back this up against the tigers and we are well and truly in and around the 8, and we don’t have a tough draw apart...
  3. M

Opinion Reed Mahoney

Mahoney was the best on field today for mine. He put everyone over. The fact he took on hethrington too a much bigger body shows Reed puts his heart into every game
  4. M

Burton is a half

Point proven today. He could be our best 5/8th since terry lamb. That 40/20 he kicked we would never get from him playing centres. We scored a try off the back of it. He was popping up left and right all game and is growing confidence massively. He is still super young and has not had a forward...
  5. M

Opinion WTF … luxury signing Kikau ??

I was a little worried last year with kiks but he has been our best player by a country mile this year and worth every cent we are paying him. He is leading our young pack by example with his 1%ers and giving the entire time confidence that we can turn this shit around. Yep, we had a shit 2nd...
  6. M

Burton is a half

I’m not as all off taffee as the rest of the guys here. He has plenty of good attributes which are improving week by week tbh. He has a bit of playmaking ability, he is quick and often there in support. Him making that try saver on young tonight plus his opening try for mine gives me confidence...
  7. M

Burton is a half

We lost our best attacking weapon in the 2nd half with Burton being moved to centre. Not only did we miss his bombs that led to points in the first half, we also missed proper kick offs that didn’t give the chooks the ball back on the half way..kicking game aside, I think burto was outstanding...
  8. M

3,2,1 Vs ourselves

3. Burton (he is clearly a 5/8th for us. End of story. We lost his kicking game 2nd half and almost folded from there. We need to stick with him at 5/8 that left side is so dangerous, just imagine when we have a fully fit JAC) 2. Kiaku (unreal. I was questioning if we overpaid him last year but...
  9. M

A wins a win

Happy with the win. Also happy with knowing: 1. Burton is a 5/8th. We completely lost our kicking game in the 2nd half. Burto had a fantastic game but we need his boot (and kick offs) 2. Crichton is not a fullback. Tracey should have been moved there with salmon or Hutchison moved to centres. Fk...
  10. M

Round 3 3-2-1 vs Titans

3. Kikau 2. Mahoney 1. Curran Special mention to the whole team. I can’t remember the last time we kept a team to 0 or dominated a game so much. Bring on the bunnies
  11. M

Round 2 Press Conference

We will flog the titans next week if we put in the same effort and don’t get dudded by the refs again. Hopefully after that conference we don’t. Even the commentators were on our side and plenty of neutral fans.
  12. M

3-2-1 Round 2 vs Sharks

3. Kikau - best game in dogs colours. His effort in everything showed his leadership and is exactly what we need from our star forward 2. Mahoney - was everywhere and had a great attitude, even with what he said at half time. Huge effort 1. Burton - much better today. Took the line on, made a...
  13. M

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Ciro needs to absolutely blast the refs and cop the $10k fine. This is one of the worst performances I’ve seen. We have played quite well I think but got reffed out of the game. I’ll admit when we are shite but not tonight. Nikora should have been sent, the Kikau try should not have been...
  14. M

Goal Kicker Options 2024

Stick with Burton as kicker. He was fantastic last year and getting better. Think he had like 15-20 in a row at some point and most of them were from the sideline too.
  15. M

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Watching the broncos game tonight leaves me with more questions than anything if we are going down the right path recruiting wise. They got the spoon in 2020 and now look like a genuine premiership threat to panthers 3 years later. We got the spoon in 2021 and we are still hoping to avoid the...