Recent content by lockyer

1. lockyer

Forget Petero Civoniceva and grab young Ben Hannant, Glenn Lazarus tells Broncos

Doesn't look like he will be coming back up to QLD anyway. Lazo is taking it a bit too far? Captain for the Broncs? No thanks... we wouldn't even know how long he would stay before he wants another pay rise!
  2. lockyer

No cap? What a Rooster booster [GREAT Picture lol]

The Salary cap in its current form is rubbish. The fact that there is no loyalty incentive or marquee system is absolutely ridiculous and the NRL claim it has made the competition more even but it has heavily damaged the depth of teams. Powerhouse teams are punished for their success and injury...
  3. lockyer

Broncos v Dragons

Indeed you did but there is no doubt the Dogs had trouble keeping their 'winnning culture' powerhouse status compared to Brisbane --> Apart from 06 the club went through some terrible, terrible times since 04 (of course a great powerhouse till then) ... on and off the field - real props to the...
  4. lockyer

Broncos v Dragons

Im telling you now Folau is not on 500k - of course no one knows exact figures but clearly he has some third party deals with Powerade as well... from what I know he is more closer to the 300-350 mark from the Broncs's pocket. Hodges is on about 400 and there is no way in the world they...
  5. lockyer

Origin 3 Team..

Well, How good has Origin been if you're a Queenslander. NSW have a lot to learn but I won't deny the talent in the QLD team. One thing NSW don't understand though is that we didn't win these four years on talent. We won because our team has developed a strong comradeship over the years. We...
  6. lockyer

Proof Dave Taylor is overrated.

I still think Souths paid too much even after the warriors game. He has potential and good luck to him, but geez, it's not like he's proven himself in any way what so ever. Good luck to him though and I wish him the best.
  7. lockyer

Fan rivalry a beat up

For what it's worth, I'm a Bronco and I don't think I copped any racism before. Only cheeky banter. Walla hectic! :) PS. What does Walla mean again?
  8. lockyer

Three Brisbane Broncos stars under sex assault investigation

^ the thing is this, if the article is true, and all that went wrong is the unconsensual filming, then I think the sacking is too harsh. I dont have 'much' of a problem with players wanting to have a threesome with some girl, their choice. But of course the whole 'role model' stigma and Broncos...
  9. lockyer

Hey Lockyer

^ to be honest Im surprised a lot of people actually think that, it was a joke in bad taste and especially used at the wrong place at the wrong time. Apart from that, I don't see much in it. If that was a joke told at a sunday BBQ, it would be nothing. I may be biased, but I just dont see much...
  10. lockyer

^ Yes, took the words right out of my mouth. I have NO DOUBT if Bennet was still coach, they would all be gone. Not a doubt in the world. He is a man of principle. However, the situation is interesting. Thaiday, a great player he is, he is replaceable. Hunt, I had a nasty feeling he would...
  11. lockyer

The names are official. Boyd - going to dragons next year, who cares? Hunt & Thaiday - ooooft... I was hoping it wasn't going to be Hunt... Reading between the lines, I doubt there will be a rape charge. We'll see how it all unfolds, but the only real charge I can see is the filming without...
  12. lockyer

Sack Bellamy

Bellamy is a good coach but not the coach I would want for my team.
  13. lockyer

Its going to change everything depending on who it is and what not, depending on the outcome of it all as well. No doubt it will affect the preparation for the Storm game, this could be ugly. Bad luck Broncos, hope they perservere out of this one.
  14. lockyer

Hey Lockyer

I wonder who the three players are though. This could/will change everything depending on the outcome of all this.
  15. lockyer

If the Roosters had a choice

^ I take back what I said, Roosters showed up to play tonight, in the end, just talent and mental power got Broncos over. Chooks will be a force if they keep playing like that. Im worried the game took too much out of both teams though.