Recent content by Hound Dog

1. Hound Dog

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

Well total revenue is mostly from broadcast revenue and AFL generates almost $1 billion in revenue while the NRL is just below half that. It shouldn't have got to that because they were pretty equal even post SL war. NRL has been steadily growing along while VFL/AFL grew to a point not long...
  2. Hound Dog

Kiraz likely out

Who knows? With the right mentality, tactics, and form, we should be able to get the job done and some. Isaah Yeo was playing more direct and said it himself he wasn't ball playing as much for whatever reason, I suspect this might be a way for him to try retain his origin spot, to show he can...
  3. Hound Dog

News 'I haven't done anything wrong': Phil Gould to challenge $20,000 NRL fine

How about working out to see what the issue is and if it needs fixing? Meanwhile they can calm the scenario down and for future fan and commentator input offer proper avenues. NRL doesn't communicate back to emails for example, seems like people (commentators and armchairs) have to shout to be...
  4. Hound Dog

Our defense is awesome.

Salmon is a step up from Waddell aye? More reliable.
  5. Hound Dog

News NRL probes Gus over spray

Should be more like that, the less pedantic the better, even the smallest bobbles but maintaining possession are being called, it's sad and against the spirit of the game. Just fix flaws, minor details if needed. Same with penalties, give warnings and/or tell em to replay the ball, back to the...
  6. Hound Dog

Opinion Lachlan Ilias

I think we'd have to go case by case, most of the time that's happening I think the defence rushes up and Hutch doesn't want to force a ball, risk an error and rather let our attack work on the next tackle or try go for repeat set. It's ok. Who knows, he may also be doing the direct opposite to...
  7. Hound Dog

Burton is a half

Wish we take more options to take penalties if given the chance. We have hardworkers and support runners throughout the team and decent kicking game to win territory and build a game. Plus our strike is ok from the 50-40 metres if needed
  8. Hound Dog

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

Most teams can be defeated by our team, factors involved, timing, etc dogs just have to keep putting in a performance and a bit of craftiness here and there. Plenty of teams are potentially just like Parra, ready to crumble, some running hot at the moment. We look like a team that opposition...
  9. Hound Dog

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

Then do that.
  10. Hound Dog

On another note, been on my mind a while, just like in the old days they used to train boxing as a part of footy, there's too much focus on wrestling in training for my liking. It's not like tackling techniques and rucks have improved much over the last decade and so. Even when Storm gained...
  11. Hound Dog

Opinion Top 8 watch: Next 7 weeks - chance to climb the ladder

We have a favourable draw particularly the deep winter part. I was liking sharks away early (we were in the game most of the time) and upcoming games like Raiders and Roosters aways(suncorp and Gosford), besides a couple like warriors away, the deep winter section looks good, we'll see what...
  12. Hound Dog

These are young men, they pull pranks on each other, embarrass and have a laugh at each other just as we would have done in team or work environments. As long as it's reasonable, as in it's comparable to previous tasks at the same club or other clubs or sports, or historically, then to me it's a...
  13. Hound Dog

A tradie or fresh apprentice goes up on a ladder or scaffolding, walks on roofs, among co workers, gets a bit shaky the first time and feels embarrassed co workers having a laugh because that fresh apprentice caught a fright that their life was at risk and livelihood was tarnished, not knowing...
  14. Hound Dog

Most of the people here and their comments are trying to be reasonable and most not really putting crap on the kid. We all know mental health is important for everyone not only those with identified issues going through treatment. I'm mainly trying to get an understanding of the situation, the...