Recent content by gbrussell

1. G

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Best has always been on the left. He will be up against Critta.
  2. G

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

Not sure what Xerri’s contract situation is, but with the Roosters losing two gun centres at the s of 2024, they could come after Xerri with a big offer, if we are off our game in Administration.
  3. G

Your early Origin teams 2024

I agree, but Walker is not at the same level now. Playing for a bottom team doesn’t help. He gets criticised a lot for going missing when his team is behind, and it is justified
  4. G

When you have too many options it's just as easy to get selections wrong instead of right.
  5. G

Teddy hogs the ball a lot, trying to use his dancing feet in the middle of the ruck,well before the opposing forwards have tired. Need something different at #1.
  6. G

To be honest, I think Cody Walker is performing like a player who has played one season too many.
  7. G

Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

That was a good case for a PenaltyTry. I just want to make the point that the referee can either award a Pemalty Try or put the offender in the sin bin, but not both, from the one incident.
  8. G

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

i could go with that bench. And then an outside back on the bench as 18th man. Perhaps Skelton.
  9. G

News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

When Gus as coach moved Jason Alchin to fullback in the 88 Premiership side, he did an outstanding job. It was very noticeable however that 2 years later when he moved back to 7, that he was not as effective as he had previously been. He looked to me like he had lost his halfback skills. Taaffe...
  10. G

I don’t mind a versatile back on the bench. I have been suggesting since the start of the season that an outside back as the 18th man could be a good,option. My preference for the bench has always been 2 props, a back rower and a utility back, but with HIA’s becoming very prevalent, where The...
  11. G

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

KP can certainly be exposed in defence.
  12. G

Souffs to appoint big Mal as coach

Mal is more a man manager. Michael Hagan is his usual assistant but if you’ve had a close look at dressing room vision at half time in Origin games and tests, you will have seen Hagan giving the half time address and Mal hovering in the background. It is clear to me that Hagan is the tactician.
  13. G

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Yes.
  14. G

Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

You can bet houses it would have been a penalty if it was Man U playing at Old Rrafford, or Harry Kane playing for Spurs.
  15. G

2024 Round 6 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

I have felt for a while that Manu is a better fullback than Tedesco.