Recent content by Eesma

1. E

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Haha. I think, deep down, they know it won't matter who they have defending in the halves.
  2. E

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

Reading their forum, Knights fans are absolutely shitting it at the prospect of Kiks running at Cogger all game. :D
  3. E

Perception By Other Fans

Knights drop 1 spot after losing to a recently underperforming Roosters outfit by 2 points. Dogs drop 3 spots after losing to a recently dominant, full strength Storm side by 2 points. Dragons jump 3 spots after beating Tigers, who put on a relatively hapless performance. Absolute stitch up.
  4. E

We just don’t have the team

Ciro: "Alright Hutch, look, we really need Matt to get his hands on the ball more. Can you handle that?" Hutcho: "If I get tackled on the 4th, he has no choice!"
  5. E

We just don’t have the team

We might not be a contender for a GF berth this year but everything we've seen so far suggests we could be a top 8 side. We beat the Rorters and, at full strength, probably would have won this week. Our systems are working and Ciro is getting the most out of the players.
  6. E

Cameron Ciraldo

Always been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, coming in to a side in shambles as a rookie coach. Starting to feel genuinely good about the appointment now. We have defensive starch we haven't seen in years.
  7. E

Critta in full flight

He's not a notorious speedster but I agree he definitely has more in him. New team, new role and it's only Round 5. He's already been a point of difference in the side. He'll only grow in to it from here.
  8. E

Burton is a half

This is so true. Great halves often don't start becoming great halves until their mid 20s. Burton's 24 and you can see he's finally starting to get a real feel for the game. He's a running 6. When we get him playing alongside a real, organising 7, I reckon he's going to prove an incredible signing.
  9. E

2024 Round 5 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Anyone else really happy to see Cogger back in the NRL and playing well?
  10. E

A wins a win

Everyone had written us off this week and we won. If we'd ACTUALLY lost this and we got to the end of the season 1 win short of making the 8, everyone saying it "isn't a win" would be dropping to their knees and offering to suck V'Landys off for the 2 points.
  11. E

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

We should absolutely celebrate that. We carved them open in the first half. We just made the mistake of trying to defend our lead in the 2nd half and against some of the best players in the comp, even with some off the field. Some of the forced reshuffles screwed us, too. Any day we find a way...
  12. E

Kiks in doubt for Friday

If we get a strong win against Souths (doesn't matter if their backs are against the wall, they're a shambles right now), we'll take a lot of confidence in to the following games and could cause some upsets.
  13. E

News Weighed down by the responsibility’: Matty calls for Bulldogs’ Burton shake-up

It's not entirely Burton's fault. On top of the fact that we were rarely in an attacking position, Mahoney kept inexplicably moving the ball out to the right when we did get there. On one of our attacking sets, he went right, short side, on the last 2 tackles. There was nothing happening. I've...
  14. E

Official Gus on Twitter

He's the only reason there's any hope for the future right now. Our pathways are looking more stacked than they have in a very long time. We have lower grade teams who could go on to reach Panthers level success in the next few years, the way they're looking. If the long term health of the club...
  15. E

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Honestly, if you can't see why we're shit in attack, you are SERIOUSLY overestimating some of our players. Flanagan would be unlikely to do much better with this squad. Our spine is poor (I hope we get to see Tracey at 1 sooner than later) and our forward pack aren't much better. The market has...