Recent content by Deathspell

1. Deathspell

8 wins from 30 games since pay

Sometimes when the deck is stacked against you it's hard to draw a winning hand. It's natural for people to get blinded by their emotions and forget their humanity bro. Destruction and aggression often undermines logic, compassion and understanding. I look at Pay as another man who pursued an...
  2. Deathspell

Have a good look at our squad bro. Our backup three quarters, Olive, Montoya, Crichton, Harper and Anderson are not 1st grade standard. So trying different combinations is futile. Our pack, whilst improving defensively, hasn't got the grunt or presence to intimidate and establish dominance...
  3. Deathspell

That's fine if the club's future ambition is to just be a mid-table team and a feeder club. To be competitive in the NRL you need big game players to guide those kids or you will lose them. Unless Pay overachieves, in the end it will come to this, is Pay capable in attracting big names without...
  4. Deathspell

We can only blood players from our 30 man squad, unless you can obtain special playing dispensation for any development players. We have 2 hookers in our squad, JMK, which we transformed into a hooker late last year and pinup boy Lichaa. Our depth is very poor so you cannot blood players that do...
  5. Deathspell

The Holland-Smith partnership happened because Hoppa was moved to fullback. With Meaney showing promise, it would be a mistake to drop him for Hoppa. I don't think we have the luxury to drop or play Hoppa out of position. Unfortunately our backup three quarters Olive, Montoya, Crichton...
  6. Deathspell

Opinion Lichaa to second row?

Give yourself an uppercut or better still go down to the local and get the biggest dude there to sort you out. Two days later once you stop seeing stars and butterflies during your recovery in hospital, look at the bed to your left. A sign will identify the broken carcass as "Here lies Lichaa...
  7. Deathspell

To everyone wanting to see Morgan Harper in the NRL.

Someone on same intelligence level to Homer Simpson.
  8. Deathspell

Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

Des's record becomes more impressive when the Dogs 2012 minor premiership victory and their 2 grand final losses are included. From 2007 to 2014, the 2008 Rugby League International Federation's Coach of the Year, had an enviable record of 5 grand finals appearances and 1 minor premiership...
  9. Deathspell

Drop Okunbor and Lewis absolutely rubbish.

Maybe you and I should get our heads together and mastermind a James Bond type raid on uncle Nick's paper bag dealer. I'll run this top secret plan past you, tell me what you think. First we need to go undercover and pretend that we are casual paper bag users. I promise you, my eighties gear...
  10. Deathspell

Good idea bro, it's been awhile since someone raised a " blame Des " thread.
  11. Deathspell

Q: If you were coach this week, what would be your game plan to beat Souths?

Meaningless. It all depends on how effective the Dogs are with their ball management. So far in 2019 'The Bulldogs' have the best completion rate of 82%, but on average per game, we could only score 2.4 tries ( 3rd worst ) whilst conceding 5 tries ( worst ). Completion rates are overrated...
  12. Deathspell

Q: If you were coach this week, what would be your game plan to beat Souths?

Souths have one of the most dangerous attacks in the NRL, with the most line breaks and second-most tries and tackle busts. Their most dangerous attacking move is when Cook runs from dummy half, angling his run towards one side of the field. Four Souths forwards will try to attract and draw...
  13. Deathspell

Bloody hell, I hate to think how many more heads would have rolled if some Kennel like minded people where in charge of the 'Guillotine'. Have we become so disenchanted with the Bulldogs that we have forgotten how to allow our kids to develop ? We have lost heaps of young players since 2012...
  14. Deathspell

I guess an argument could be made that over six years Furner built a very good side at the Raiders. Together with Bennett as co coach Canberra lost the 1987 grand final, which included Lance and the Queenslanders, Belcher, Meninga, Jackson, Coyne, Bacho and the Walters brothers. But it was...
  15. Deathspell

I believe the coaches that had previously or are still setting the bar, have two important common denominators. Firstly their coaching status was elevated as a result of their opportunity to mentor and win multiple premierships with champion sides of that era. Like you indicated " Players are...