Recent content by DaveV

1. DaveV

Averillo to test open market before extending.

Meaney was better than any other outside back we had when he was with us. Umm quick/explosive turn of speed was never his strength but very good top speed when he winds up.
  2. DaveV

First signing for 2024 will be ?

He’d be a good pickup for the right price. Sign him on centre money with an upgrade option if he can become a top tier fullback. At the end of the day he’s far superior to any other centre in our top 30.
  3. DaveV

Robert DiPierdomenico
  4. DaveV

Who will be the dud signing of 2023? *Spoiler alert, it's Reed Mahoney

I’m trying to remember a 9 we’ve had with a better kicking game and I can’t.
  5. DaveV

Does he have the skill set to play halfback. He reminds me of a young Thurston when he’s on song
  6. DaveV

Not on your life is there a chance he’s a better fullback. His transition will be underwhelming just like Bmoz’s you’ll find and he’d probably be on the injury list within a few weeks. Hopefully the club has learned from recent previous experiments and how they worked out. Eg. Cotric - wing to...
  7. DaveV

2 years from now some people will still live in hope for Avo. I say this because in 2 years he’ll still be not up to first in any capacity. Any talk of JAC to fullback needs to seriously stop. He’s a winger through and through and a marquee one at that.
  8. DaveV

Fair call but provided we only offer NSW cup money because that is where he belongs.
  9. DaveV

[Jury still out on avo] case is closed as he just doesn’t cut it. If he leaves it’s no great loss.
  10. DaveV

Market Watch: Gould’s desperate fight to keep Burton

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. He’s actually shown a lot considering that when he first arrived he was under the worst coach in nrl history not to mention playing behind a pack that was getting dominated week in week out. To make my point clear, do you think Joey or Thurston (future immortal)...
  11. DaveV

Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

I’m not sure any coach can teach a player not to be fearful of collision.
  12. DaveV

That’s very misleading. Jack Hethrington was in the top 4-5 a couple of years ago to put it in perspective. He’s quick for a forward but there’d be dozens of backs quicker
  13. DaveV

Totally different. One is a rep player and the other will never be.
  14. DaveV

Still an upgrade on Averillo or any other potential fullback at the club.
  15. DaveV

He has decent speed but by no means express.