Recent content by Cosmo Kramer

1. Cosmo Kramer

Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

False Pretenses The issue here is the failure of many people to recognize the difference between the ignition of fire and the spread of fire. The ignition of fire refers to how it gets started. All fires require an ignition source, be it lightning, electrical faults, negligence and yes, even...
  2. Cosmo Kramer

Kennel Muso's

I play guitar - have been playing for 14 years. Also play the Greek Bouzouki, dabble in a bit of keyboard, more messing around than anything. Around 10 years ago I was so obsessed with learning Metallica songs on guitar, I saved up (as a 15 year old) and bought the ESP Ltd KH-202 Kirk Hammet...
  3. Cosmo Kramer

Bush Fires

Agreed. While no credible scientist is saying climate change starts fires, quite a few commentators (talking heads and ordinary people) are speaking as though climate change is the major factor of these fires, and many are speaking as if it ignited them. This is demonstrably the sentiment in...
  4. Cosmo Kramer

Bush Fires

What does everyone think of this meme/image? Perhaps slightly simplistic, but it does speak to the fact that many people are erroneously attributing these entire events completely to climate change. Good for political point scoring, but very mistaken and unscientific.
  5. Cosmo Kramer

What is a bachelor of arts degree?

It's a degree where upon completing 8 or so core subjects covering a range of disciplines, the student picks a major(s) or minors in specific fields such as writing, history, marketing, media etc. Some majors have vocational utility. Others will not help the applicant get a good paying job or...
  6. Cosmo Kramer

What is your job/occupation?

I'm an Accountant, public practice. Look, the work itself is repetitive and dry sometimes, but I'm a patient man and can cope with it. My goal is to operate my own accounting business soon. The amount of billing I do on an average day to clients currently is my weekly wage covered, more or...
  7. Cosmo Kramer

2019 Federal Election

To me, the ultimate question is this: Which economic school of thought do you subscribe to? A basic fact in economics is that increases in taxes and regulations can stifle productivity and consumption alike. Two successive quarters of decreased consumption and production, leading to negative...
  8. Cosmo Kramer

Lewis on Triple M

Just listened to Lachlan Lewis being interviewed on Triple M around half an hour ago. Here’s a summary: Sustained a bicep injury last week – probably as a result of his battle with Burgess. He said, “thanks Sammy, you big bugger!” Will probably take a few months to heal. Spoke about our...
  9. Cosmo Kramer

Israel Folau has Wallabies contract terminated

I get where you are coming from, Utility Half, but at the same time, Bulldogfan1 makes a fair point. Moral objectivism is the view that there exist moral facts that are true regardless of one’s opinion on them. Moral subjectivism is the view that there are no objectively true moral facts – only...
  10. Cosmo Kramer

News The million-dollar kick is yours for the taking.

I used to go to the park a few times a week back in the day with my Dad, just spending an hour kicking dozens conversions off my blue El Magic kicking tee. 30m into a target sounds easy enough. Interesting!
  11. Cosmo Kramer

Ben Barba sacked by Cowboys and facing deregistration - Consolidated Thread

Whatbaoutism? Perhaps if one is responding to a question or accusation by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue, then yes, it is whataboutism. Yet is this a case of whataboutism, or is it a matter of pointing out an inconsistency in one’s position or argument? Is there are...
  12. Cosmo Kramer

Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

Ah well. What else is there left to say?
  13. Cosmo Kramer

The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Ran into Nathan Lyon at Miranda Westfield today. (I never bother or go up to sportspeople when I see them in public, but today I decided to go say hello, after walking by him literally 4 different times in the space of 10 minutes). The way things are going, this might end up being one of the...
  14. Cosmo Kramer

Opinion Working Week vs Work/Life Balance.

Interesting question, one that has been very relevant to me lately. In January, I landed the exact job I wanted and envisioned: graduate accountant, at a local accounting firm in the suburbs (5 minute drive from home), very generous pay. Started with normal hours. Ended up doing 45+ hour work...
  15. Cosmo Kramer

Official Bulldogs - 2018 NSW Cup Premiers

Great win today, it was very pleasing. Things are definitely looking up for our club; hopefully we can once again be NRL premiers, within the next few years.