Recent content by Boldslug

1. Boldslug

News Jackson has a life time job at Bulldogs. NRL will be looking closely at the deal

Interestingly on the same page of the tele there was a comment about Andrew Fifita getting a role at the Sharks. No mention there by Rothfeild that the NRL should investigate...
  2. Boldslug

Our attack with Barrett as coach compared to with Potter as coach in 2022

Can the same comparison be done for our defence under the two coaches?
  3. Boldslug

Rd 15 Presser

I get the feeling Jackson thinks Barret was OK, the change is nothing to do with Potter. In the presser when asked about what has changed, Potter says at the 0:30 second mark: Potter: “The players themselves I think have realised there is more in them and they want to play a little bit more and...
  4. Boldslug

would you go to another Belmore game?

I went today and the atmosphere and crowd were fantastic. It's a pity that the team performs so badly for its fans - I fear we will lose a generation of young supporters if we haven't lost them already.
  5. Boldslug

Trainer to blame for our loss today?

Agree, there was no hunger - he just stood there and watched the ball bounce without making any attempt to grab it.
  6. Boldslug

Wolves in sheep skin !

I used to think the way the media portrays the bulldogs was somehow related to the super league war, but now I think it's just a sports thing. Look at wrestling which is all about plots and stories, where wrestlers are either faces or heels. What happens between fights is just as important as...
  7. Boldslug

News Disgruntled Dogs: Why Lynne Anderson must step down as football club chair

It is hypocrisy to accuse the current board of having no vision, when those calling for an EGM have not presented any vision themselves.
  8. Boldslug

News (SMH) Barrett to become Bulldogs coach in three-year deal

Has "imminent" replaced "on the verge"?
  9. Boldslug

Dogs to give Barrett $3m cheque book as Penrith allow him to start talks over replacing Pay

The coaching at Manly takes secondary importance to Tommy Turbo's health - there in a huge difference in the win loss ratio when he is playing or not. Manly have lost every game since his last injury.
  10. Boldslug

News Dean Pay pleads for Bulldogs fans' faith as club eagerly seek roster improvements

I agree, the "young guys" and "it's another learning curve for them" lines have been used for the least 3 years. At what point do they stop being "young guys"?
  11. Boldslug

Opinion Bench Fozz?

I recall that Warren Ryan did something like this with Steve Mortimer?
  12. Boldslug

If Titans sign Holbrook I blame Dogs board for effing it up

Why does the OP think that Holbrook is some kind of saviour? He is untested at NRL level. If the board signed him and he failed to make the team work, no doubt everyone would be calling the board incompetent for signing an experienced NRL coach instead.
  13. Boldslug

Did anyone go back to post match function

Yes, any member can get in if you have your card on you.
  14. Boldslug

I was in the bar but left after the game. There weren't many fans there when I left, maybe less than 15?
  15. Boldslug

I think Meaney submits to a tackle so he doesn't get manhandled over the sideline or back in goal