Recent content by berries67

1. B

Best prop we have had at our club

Thanks for the Peter Kelly and Robbo videos. Them were the days. We still beat Souths with 12 men for all but the first 16 seconds. Parra's wall - smash into the lot of them. Sure to get the sneaky ball carrier that way.
  2. B

Best prop we have had at our club

Does anyone remember the time Peter Kelly got sent off very early in an Anzac Day match back in the mid eighties? So early, it was said he beat the bugler off. Hard as nails. Never took a backward step. With a few other tough forwards was the basis of our Grand final wins in 84 and 85. Geoff...
  3. B

Opinion josh Reynolds Discussion Thread

Reynolds returning to the Bulldogs would not be a good idea. Sadly, I don't he has anything to offer. First, too many injury problems. Second, we need good organising halves which he has never been. Didn't he originally play hooker and Hasler turned him into a tackling machine playing in the...
  4. B

Official Official Origin Game 3 Teams and Discussion

Now that Nathan Cleary has been ruled out through injury and Mitchell Pearce has been selected as his replacement lets hope that Pearce has matured personally and as a footballer and is able do his bit to help NSW win. Fittler hopefully will give him a simple role to make his tackles and...
  5. B

Official Official Origin Game 3 Teams and Discussion

If Nathan Cleary isn't ready in time for State Of Origin 3 there is talk of the possibility of Mitchell Pearce as a replacement. Is Pearce the best option? In my opinion, no. He had several years as NSW half back and, even though up against the best Queensland teams, wasn't able to get the wins...
  6. B

Opinion Battle of the spoon!

With our salary cap issues and our current squad I think every win is an achievement. Great to see the win today. The Sharks didn't turn up to compete and paid the price. We did. The effort seems to be there each game. Inconsistent execution and errors through inexperience and poor judgement...
  7. B

News Moses Mbye becomes latest NRL millionaire

I could never see the value in him he for what he was paid at the Bulldogs. Signed up on potential and never delivered. Same at Tigers. Reasonable utility value but he hasn't been able to hold a place in any one position. To me he only brings frustration at not being able to deliver on...
  8. B

RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

. Agree. Also, outside backs need decent forwards and halves in front of them to give them space to utilise their running skills. Latrell M would be flogging himself for nothing with us at the moment.
  9. B

RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

I am sure many here would remember about 10 year ago when we signed up about half a dozen decent 1st graders? From memory some where Mick Ennis, Brett Kimmorley, Josh Morris, Ben Hannant, David Stagg, Greg Eastwood. Wouldn't this type of strategy be better than throwing a lot of our eggs in the...
  10. B

Jack Cogger

1st game for new club for rookie half and its against a top tier team in the Storm at their home ground. Doesn't get much harder and a huge hurdle for the young kid. I hope he comes through ok and wish him all the best. Patience is needed because we don't have too many other options. JMK didn't...
  11. B

Coach Cleary

Father coaching son in professional sport seems a huge conflict of interest issue, particularly when son is regarded as the star half but appears overrated. Huge pressure on both father and son. Ivan Cleary equally at fault. He should have known this wouldn't do either him or his son any good in...
  12. B

Steve Mortimer apologises for Damien Cook oversight, begs Josh Reynolds and Martin Taupau to return

Hodkinson, Reynolds, Kasiano, Graham, Pritchard all past their best when they left. Mbye - never had a best. Potential yes, but unlikely ever to fulfill. Cook is a major regret. He showed enough potential in the few games he played in the top grade to warrant keeping, particularly as Liccha...
  13. B

Matt Frawley makes the most of late callup.

Team looked a lot better in attack with Lewis and Frawley combination. Maybe there is a benefit in taking some pressure of each other to instigate attack. I dont think Foran or JMK helped with this. If Frawley could improve his defence a combination with Lewis could be our best atm.
  14. B

The Aiden Tolman Appreciation Thread

I think Tolman and Klemmer are a good balance. Tolman is not flash but an honest toiler with tons of experience that can assist the other younger forwards. As well he is consistent and reliable, He rarely drops the ball or gives away a penalty. He does need to get out of the way after the second...