Brad Morrin Should Have.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played the ball, walked off the mark and king hit Timana Tahu. He would of recieved 4 weeks.

Well done NRL. Once again you've shown how fair, professional and consistent you are.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was fair, and good for the Bulldogs, Morrin is a liability, regardless of how hard he tries, i'd never want to see him in FG again, not with the 'Dogs anyway

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
8 weeks for biting and 4 weeks for a king hit is fair?

I guess we have different opinions on fairness.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...

King hits demonstrate mongrel, its bad and potentially more dangerous, but it still represents part of game as it used to be.

Biting is just being a cat, Morrin was most definitely scared of getting into a fight with Tahu, who would probably beat the crap outa him so he decided to bite.

RL has enough charges to do with, setting a precedent here means most people WON'T be biting each other.

Morrin is pathetic and a cat, and i have no respect for him

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I totally agree with what you're saying heineken. I really reckon he deserved 8 weeks but king hits deserve like 10 weeks. Its cheap and can cause serious damage

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
King Hits demonstrates mongrel? Say you had a child, would you rather someone bite his inner arm and leave a mark or would you rather someone walk up to him and punch him in the face?

The difference between those 2 suspensions is a joke. Punch a guy in the face, get 4 weeks. Bite a guy, get 8 weeks.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I totally agree with what you're saying heineken. I really reckon he deserved 8 weeks but king hits deserve like 10 weeks. Its cheap and can cause serious damage
It's just further proves my theory that the NRL judicary just make up the punishment as they go along.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SBW got sent off and 2 weeks i think it was, for his high shot on Andrew Johns, Morrin had to face a decent suspension, i think 8 weeks is about right, its a pretty low act, but i will give him it was a brain snap and in my opinion he gives 100% when ever he is on the field so stick with him

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
King Hits demonstrates mongrel? Say you had a child, would you rather someone bite his inner arm and leave a mark or would you rather someone walk up to him and punch him in the face?

The difference between those 2 suspensions is a joke. Punch a guy in the face, get 4 weeks. Bite a guy, get 8 weeks.
Depends on what...Honestly? If the other kid was diseased and such it could potentially be worse..

But i'm going off topic, fact is king hits have been part of RL for a very long time, the precedent has already been set, its highly unlikely to change.

Biting is definitely not condoned AND definitely dangerous, it represents a 'cheap' shot and such 8 weeks is more than enough.

Also king hits are usually mutual, after one player hits another, it tends to go on therefore 4 weeks apiece is fair

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on what...Honestly? If the other kid was diseased and such it could potentially be worse..

But i'm going off topic, fact is king hits have been part of RL for a very long time, the precedent has already been set, its highly unlikely to change.

Biting is definitely not condoned AND definitely dangerous, it represents a 'cheap' shot and such 8 weeks is more than enough.

Also king hits are usually mutual, after one player hits another, it tends to go on therefore 4 weeks apiece is fair
You cannot justify a king hit yet totally be disgusted by a bite IMO.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you ask me the suspension was lenient as what Morrin did was an inexcusable cheap attack... It isn't the severity of the attack which lead to the suspension, it was the intent and execution of it.

If you are going to enter an altercation with someone, do it to their face... theres no place in the game for these dodgy little sly maneuvers.

Lets not forget the player who threw a "cheap" king hit (smacking a player who didn't see it coming) resulted in the NRL handing out an 18 week suspension...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you ask me the suspension was lenient as what Morrin did was an inexcusable cheap attack... It isn't the severity of the attack which lead to the suspension, it was the intent and execution of it.
Forgot his name, but remember that Souths forward who knocked out the Titans winger?

Lets not forget the player who threw a "cheap" king hit (smacking a player who didn't see it coming) resulted in the NRL handing out an 18 week suspension...
Danny Williams had a very bad record before that suspension.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot justify a king hit yet totally be disgusted by a bite IMO.
Justify it based on the reaction of the other player..

IMO if Tahu went for a king hit against Morrin, i'd agree that Morrin shouldn't have been suspended for 8 weeks.

It was the mere fact Tahu did almost nothing that Morrin warrants this suspension.

IF Morrin performed a king hit on Tahu AND he retailiated i can understand why it'd be only 4 weeks for both.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
IF

Facts are: A South Sydney player played the ball, walked off the mark and king hit (It was a king hit. Don't care what the SS CEO says) a Titans winger and cops a 4 week suspension.

A Bulldogs player bites the arm of Timana Tahu and cops 8 weeks.

Is that fair?

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF

Facts are: A South Sydney player played the ball, walked off the mark and king hit (It was a king hit. Don't care what the SS CEO says) a Titans winger and cops a 4 week suspension.

Is that fair?
No it isn't.

Now you must refer to the fact that the Judiciary are NEVER fair to the Bulldogs...

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IF

Is that fair?
I understand what you mean, i just think biting is a lower act, its sort of an animal act, even spiting is a low act, i think i would rather be hit than be bitten or spat on

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather be bitten than be punched in the face by a forward.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he should have laid on a few punches - he wouldn't have even got suspended.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
did u see the mark on Tahu's arm? It was like a little love bite from a girl in a niteclub.

I still cant believe thats worth 8 weeks.

Gallop and his fleet of penguins behind their desks influenced this case badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.