Who do you prefer as a halves combo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenjiDaGreat

Roberts and sherwin

roberts and holdsworth

sherwin and holdsworth

i think roberts and holdsworth are the dogs best option, sherwin isnt in good form and roberts and holdsworth did look like they were building a dynamic combo at the start of the season, and the fear of sherwin leaving was the reason he was rushed back in not on form

for me i would have roberts and holdsworth as the halves combo
with sherwin at hooker or on the bench

Thoughts?

T

TdoggBulldog

currently, sherwin and roberts

they were playing well together

Naji

CBF
Reaction score
shifty and either one of them at 5/8. If u watched the games when shifty wasnt there you would know that our attack looked very boring and we basically had nothing. So i dunno what ur on about. Stick to Tigers talk mate

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
6. Roberts
7. Sherwin

B

BenjiDaGreat

shifty and either one of them at 5/8. If u watched the games when shifty wasnt there you would know that our attack looked very boring and we basically had nothing. So i dunno what ur on about. Stick to Tigers talk mate
whats been so special about your attack with sherwin at HB?

you have only beaten parra and the knights with him at HB so he cant be goin to good
and ill talk about what i want cuz

sorry and a 12 man team aswell

Last edited by a moderator:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sherwin has the direction. Roberts has the flare. Dj is just a solid runner.

What ever the combo is it must be built around sherwin. He has class and experience and is dangerous all round the park. He also reads the game very well.

For a big boy Dj is very poor in defence as is Roberts. Roberts is quicker and lighter on his feet. Dj can knock the crap out of a ball when he gets it right while there is nothing more fluent then a left legged kicker.

Both have there good and bad points but based on this year, the boom combination is Sherwin at Half with Roberts at 5/8. But our havles have not had more then a few games in a row with each other so it is too hard to base a educated answer on.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats been so special about your attack with sherwin at HB?

you have only beaten parra and the knights with him at HB so he cant be goin to good
and ill talk about what i want cuz

sorry and a 12 man team aswell
Um ye against Parra we were without SBW and we won in a tight game.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Parra flogged you guys with the same team so don't go there mate.

Against you guys, whilst we were braindead Shifty managed a 40/20, set up two tries one via a grubber for El Masri ( Classic) and a flick pass for SBW, the other try came from Mason's own skill.

Against the Sharks, Shifty sprints the length of the field to score a runaway try, his made numerous intercepts and what-nots.

Our problem has been our defence, that and lets see what happened with the Holdsworth/Roberts combo:

1) We lost in rd1 to the knights with 12 men, Roberts missed an easy field goal attempt and Holdsworth didn't do much either

2) We looked lost in round 2 and had no direction whatsoever, Roberts can't lead a team around the park, he has skill, huge kicks ( when he does try ) and razzle dazzle but he isn't an organiser. Thumped in that game 40-10

3) Rd3 against the Titans, labelled the most boring game ever, this time it was mainly the forwards setting the platform, a dubious video ref decision that went our way and our centres setting up Cutler.

4) Rd4 against the Rabbitohs, Holdsworth led most of the team around the park, Roberts just took the line, everyone commented on him being more comfortable at pivot and fact is he is/

5) Rd5...I really don't need to mention this....Drop-a-thon evident here, mistakes from even El Masri and poor calls from our own team cost us the game against the competition leaders.

Shifty/Holdsworth Combo

6) We finally had more direction in attack, it paid off in the 7th minute when El Masri struck, although again we had poor defense, but this cannot be blamed soley on the halves.

7) No need to mention it here...we got thumped by the Tigers, Shifty was one of our best, he set up 2/3 tries, kicked a 40/20 and tried to inject life into a brain dead team.

8) Then we turn it around against the Knights who were understrength and again, our forwards did most of the work with some brillance from the backline.

9) Oh the horror...thumped horribly after going well for the first 15 minutes, Holdsworth was in poor form and literally did a catch and pass tactic, hardly ever ran the ball.

Roberts/Shifty combo

10) Experiment against the Sharks, severly understrengthed forward pack, and we still managed to put on 20 points on a full strength Sharks team. Again Sherwin was one of the best here, he scored 2 tries, set up the rest and trouble the opposition.

11) Cowboys match, looked lost early on, were getting thumped, but the Brillance of Roberts really shown here, he showed what he was capable of when he took on the line, made what 3 linebreaks? Almost scored a try, but brillant defense from the Cowboys stopped it, that and Tonga dropped it cold.

12) Warriors match, Ok neither one of our halves REALLY impressed here, but they were gelling and this time round it was against a 12 man team AND SBW did literally everything.

Enough said, the Roberts/Holdsworth combo is probably the WORST one yet.

My vote would go to Sherwin/Roberts combo.

B

BenjiDaGreat

Um ye against Parra we were without SBW and we won in a tight game.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Parra flogged you guys with the same team so don't go there mate.

Against you guys, whilst we were braindead Shifty managed a 40/20, set up two tries one via a grubber for El Masri ( Classic) and a flick pass for SBW, the other try came from Mason's own skill.

Against the Sharks, Shifty sprints the length of the field to score a runaway try, his made numerous intercepts and what-nots.

Our problem has been our defence, that and lets see what happened with the Holdsworth/Roberts combo:

1) We lost in rd1 to the knights with 12 men, Roberts missed an easy field goal attempt and Holdsworth didn't do much either

2) We looked lost in round 2 and had no direction whatsoever, Roberts can't lead a team around the park, he has skill, huge kicks ( when he does try ) and razzle dazzle but he isn't an organiser. Thumped in that game 40-10

3) Rd3 against the Titans, labelled the most boring game ever, this time it was mainly the forwards setting the platform, a dubious video ref decision that went our way and our centres setting up Cutler.

4) Rd4 against the Rabbitohs, Holdsworth led most of the team around the park, Roberts just took the line, everyone commented on him being more comfortable at pivot and fact is he is/

5) Rd5...I really don't need to mention this....Drop-a-thon evident here, mistakes from even El Masri and poor calls from our own team cost us the game against the competition leaders.

Shifty/Holdsworth Combo

6) We finally had more direction in attack, it paid off in the 7th minute when El Masri struck, although again we had poor defense, but this cannot be blamed soley on the halves.

7) No need to mention it here...we got thumped by the Tigers, Shifty was one of our best, he set up 2/3 tries, kicked a 40/20 and tried to inject life into a brain dead team.

8) Then we turn it around against the Knights who were understrength and again, our forwards did most of the work with some brillance from the backline.

9) Oh the horror...thumped horribly after going well for the first 15 minutes, Holdsworth was in poor form and literally did a catch and pass tactic, hardly ever ran the ball.

Roberts/Shifty combo

10) Experiment against the Sharks, severly understrengthed forward pack, and we still managed to put on 20 points on a full strength Sharks team. Again Sherwin was one of the best here, he scored 2 tries, set up the rest and trouble the opposition.

11) Cowboys match, looked lost early on, were getting thumped, but the Brillance of Roberts really shown here, he showed what he was capable of when he took on the line, made what 3 linebreaks? Almost scored a try, but brillant defense from the Cowboys stopped it, that and Tonga dropped it cold.

12) Warriors match, Ok neither one of our halves REALLY impressed here, but they were gelling and this time round it was against a 12 man team AND SBW did literally everything.

Enough said, the Roberts/Holdsworth combo is probably the WORST one yet.

My vote would go to Sherwin/Roberts combo.

yeah we lost to parra after winning 6 in a row then we came out and won the following game so whats your point?

anyway sherwin and roberts is a good combination for now but i thought in the long term holdsworth and roberts would be the best option they are both only 22 right? they just needed more then 5 games to gel

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah we lost to parra after winning 6 in a row then we came out and won the following game so whats your point?

anyway sherwin and roberts is a good combination for now but i thought in the long term holdsworth and roberts would be the best option they are both only 22 right? they just needed more then 5 games to gel

My point is beating Parra is never an easy feat.

Yes i get your point, but IMO neither can really lead a team nor organise well.

Then again Roberts might become the next Thurston so who knows.

We didn't have 5 games to spare :P, i'm still optimistic about our chances especially if we win this week.

Naji

CBF
Reaction score

once again.... this is a bulldogs forum. no one cares bout tigers

B

BenjiDaGreat

once again.... this is a bulldogs forum. no one cares bout tigers
i only talk about the tigers when you guys bring it up, like i said bulldogs is my second team ive already been to 4 game of theres this year

Status
Not open for further replies.