Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out why Klemmer of all people was protected. His first report could have easily been direct contact with shoulder to head, but they didn’t show a replay to know for sure. The next one he actually attacked the player. You could see in his face he was agro.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bunker decision to send Hughes to the bin was another howler. he was only charged to save face.
Is he up for suspension or a fine? It probably wasn’t quite as bad but there was one in another game this round but I’m struggling to remember by who, where the player came down with a forearm like Hughes, but he wasn’t binned. It’s National Ref Lottery.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem with the NrL is they are inconsistent which opens them up to criticism.

If they had the same ref in the bunker for the whole round maybe we would see some consistency.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he up for suspension or a fine? It probably wasn’t quite as bad but there was one in another game this round but I’m struggling to remember by who, where the player came down with a forearm like Hughes, but he wasn’t binned. It’s National Ref Lottery.
I think he got a week but I am not sure.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally was OK with Klem's hit on Kyle being let off, it definitely looked worse than what it was, but absolutely we need consistency.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well going on report doesn't mean you're sin binned. It depends on the offence. Hughes' was silly and forceful with intent.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Simple. NRL refs can’t find their ass with two hands and a mirror.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are more quick to sin bin us over minor shit yet slow on others.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sam Hughes sin binned for 10 mins, yet Klemmer goes on report twice in 1 game and is Not sin binned ... i cannot work it out.
The bunker decision to send Hughes to the bin was another howler. he was only charged to save face.
I personally was OK with Klem's hit on Kyle being let off, it definitely looked worse than what it was, but absolutely we need consistency.
Well going on report doesn't mean you're sin binned. It depends on the offence. Hughes' was silly and forceful with intent.
I believe the question was one of levels;
If a player is penalised but not put on report that's, say, level 1
If a player is penalised and put on report that's, say, level 2
If a player is not penalised and not put on report but the MRC sites him then that's, say, level 3
If a player is penalised and put on report and sin binned that's, say, level 4

My problem with the inconsistency is when a level 4 (penalised + on report + sin binned) cops less of a penalty (eg; lower fine) than a level 1 (penalised but not put on report) or level 2 (penalised + on report). How the fark does that work?

My view is that the MRC decided that it wasn't a level 4 offence and that penalised + on report + sin binned was over the top. The referee and bunker made an error, over reacted, and it should have only been a penalty and maybe put on report. Comparing the MRC actions with the game day actions is inconvertible evidence that an error was made by the referee/bunker.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sam Hughes sin binned for 10 mins, yet Klemmer goes on report twice in 1 game and is Not sin binned ... i cannot work it out.
We are a team of firsts, I’ve never seen a bloke sin binned for a bit of roughing up a player on the ground, and by roughing up, Sam wedges his elbow in the face with no real force, just trying to be dominant and a nuisance…. Latrell Mitchell on the other hand raises his elbow MMA style with intent and aggression to the head of his opponent, but, it’s all good sir. There’s hands and elbows on players faces a fair bit in the NRL, somehow our bloke gets sin binned for it, no one else has copped that for similar from what I’ve seen.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m still scratching my head over Latrell Mitchell’s offences against Warriors … elbows to Johnson’s head should of been instant send off & then a worse over the horizontal lift than Morrins & no 10 in the bin .. wtf ?