Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our defence was actually great today.

It’s our attack which was non existent. Parramatta totally dominated us in every facet.

They will need to figure out how to get the “Lamborghini left” into gear.

Addo Carr is going to be a huge loss.

Connor Tracey is an experienced fullback who needs to be in our spine. We had no shape today or ball movement which is very concerning.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Seven phases of loss and grief have set in and passion and anger have passed.....now resignation as we digest and reflect on our probable 2024 season.
You know what, we need some of the delusional/optimistic fans right about now.... hard to believe them, but nice to read their words and hope.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You know what, we need some of the delusional/optimistic fans right about now.... hard to believe them, but nice to read their words and hope.
My words of hope:

Our Panther defensive system allowed us to only concede 26 points and improve on our 2023 average conceded points.

That's all I've got ;)

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seven phases of loss and grief have set in and passion and anger have passed.....now resignation as we digest and reflect on our probable 2024 season.
I cant get past the 7 phases because its next week and I have to start again.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Later game thoughts. None of them good.

Why was Kiraz selected? He’s clearly not fit. It’s last year all over again. This dumb fucking assistant from Penrith continues to play blokes who are busted. I hope the blow torch is applied over the JAC scenario too. Best part is the next bloke up according to Ciraldope is another fella who hasn’t had a minute of game time in any capacity since last year and is also not fit.

Taaffe, poor kid is a shot duck already. The draw only gets worse for him too.

Left edge is a myth. Until we get a real coach, Burton will never amount to anything more than “i used to do big kick go brrrrr” at this club.

There’s a reason all these utilities are utilities and could never lock down spots at their previous clubs. They’re not that good.

Pack is fucked. No one knows how to use anyone.

Garden gnome at 9.. watch this space. They’re beating his drum and the media are well onto it. Booze already dropped the story of the club not happy with his output at his price. That will fester all season with inept performances like that.

RFM had a barnstormer for St George. Says it all.

Enjoy the shitshow we have coming for us this week. Luckily we have Cronulla in Cronulla up next…… lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My words of hope:

Our Panther defensive system allowed us to only concede 26 points and improve on our 2023 average conceded points.

That's all I've got ;)
I guess that will do sis... lol

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont see the hype, hes not great under the high ball, isnt big and strong, carries alot of ball but doesnt make huge metres. Hes an average Nrl winger, i hope to be proved wrong in long term but he was poor today, realistically fox and kiraz are our best wingers, wilsons a back up , we need better. Dont get me started on Taafe today, either, dragged back in offence, knock on first bomb, threw a cut out ball to a winger with one arm, just a shocking day really as a fan

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Later game thoughts. None of them good.

Why was Kiraz selected? He’s clearly not fit. It’s last year all over again. This dumb fucking assistant from Penrith continues to play blokes who are busted. I hope the blow torch is applied over the JAC scenario too. Best part is the next bloke up according to Ciraldope is another fella who hasn’t had a minute of game time in any capacity since last year and is also not fit.

Taaffe, poor kid is a shot duck already. The draw only gets worse for him too.

Left edge is a myth. Until we get a real coach, Burton will never amount to anything more than “i used to do big kick go brrrrr” at this club.

There’s a reason all these utilities are utilities and could never lock down spots at their previous clubs. They’re not that good.

Pack is fucked. No one knows how to use anyone.

Garden gnome at 9.. watch this space. They’re beating his drum and the media are well onto it. Booze already dropped the story of the club not happy with his output at his price. That will fester all season with inept performances like that.

RFM had a barnstormer for St George. Says it all.

Enjoy the shitshow we have coming for us this week. Luckily we have Cronulla in Cronulla up next…… lol
Someone independent of the coaching staff (and Gus) at the club really needs to determine why all these players who play like lazy, inept duds for us, go to other clubs; suddenly find a spine and pride and turn into footy players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's deflating. Round and round we go again. 2026 new target year for top 8 if we get the right marquees which history would say we won't. No faith in the coach either.

Status
Not open for further replies.