Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton is a flop. Like for fucks sake do some thing other than bomb to the left . Predictable and gay. Opposition teams aren’t caught off guard, why ciro kept ado carr on is beyond me. And how did we have so many errors ?!?!?
Let's be real for a second, he can regress every week but he won't be dropped because Gus doesn't like to be proven wrong.

Looking from the outside in, it looks like Gus would rather drive FG into the ground before conceding that Burton is a failed experiment.

dave123

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have watched Burton at training he does look good things come off for him but in the game I think he spends too much time thinking what he’s going to do and when to do it and the game just gets away from him

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for any halves that have had to play for our club over the last 5 years, Our pack is rubbish we would make peak andrew johns look bad. Majority of our fans dont know their heads from their asses though and theyll shit on the halves even though the majority of the game is played in our half.. By the time we get an attacking set theres no gas left to do anything.
So many examples of halves that can and have turned games around with their smart play despite being under the pump. If you dont know this you clearly havent watched enough league.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Call me what they want. And yes i am a hater of ***** that drag our team to the ground cause they dont care. Fuck Burton. I hate him. Im a hater of Burton. Come at me with ANY proof he doesnt deserve hate?! Ill be waiting.
Here's a tip, next time someone calls you a Burton hater, ask them the question I have asked about 50 times and still hasn't been answered by blind fan boys.... "in which aspect of his game has he improved since wearing our jersey"

If they answer you please let me know, I'm still waiting for an answer.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only benefit of the doubt I give to Burton is that the assistant is turning him to shit, but I still see that as a cop out.
Burton needs to be dropped, the sooner the better, but if he is to get anywhere near the potential he has clearly shown, he at least needs to have a clue as to what is going wrong. According to people who go to the training he does a lot of extras, which, again, doesn't seem like someone who is disinterested.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back the offloads
I don’t think between Kiraz and king we had even 1 offload
Raymond fataila mariner has done alone as many offload as parramatta on his own.
Our negative Nancy style of football will be the coaches undoing.
Can someone find out why Burton didn’t play today ?

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have watched Burton at training he does look good things come off for him but in the game I think he spends too much time thinking what he’s going to do and when to do it and the game just gets away from him
Interesting observation, coach then isnt making them uncomfortable at training enough.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's that saying..." can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen"

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton needs to be dropped, the sooner the better, but if he is to get anywhere near the potential he has clearly shown, he at least needs to have a clue as to what is going wrong. According to people who go to the training he does a lot of extras, which, again, doesn't seem like someone who is disinterested.
100 percent brother. If Sexton plays well and Burton keeps flopping it's for the benefit of his own career development to spend some time with Potter in reserve grade to work on his game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd call him other things before disinterested. But with his 2+ years with us, I can see how some call his lack of footy IQ "disinterest".

He doesn't directly lose us games but it sure looks like he doesn't know to help us win.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
100 percent brother. If Sexton plays well and Burton keeps flopping it's for the benefit of his own career development to spend some time with Potter in reserve grade to work on his game.
Gus' ego won't let that happen, he can't be proven wrong.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'd actually drop him to reserves and make him earn a FG centre spot.

Might sound harsh but I really don't care, it's team first. If you're aint helping, fuck right off
He needs a wake up call and CC needs to get back some respectability into his coaching persona. Burton will take him down with him unless he lays down the law to the big name players. CC looking clueless at this stage.

Always hoping we learn from this for next week but will we?

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly feel like he's too simple minded to be able to make decisions and play to a game plan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He needs a wake up call and CC needs to get back some respectability into his coaching persona. Burton will take him down with him unless he lays down the law to the big name players. CC looking clueless at this stage.

Always hoping we learn from this for next week but will we?
We can all talk ad much as we want, nothing will happen except a repeat of what we said this weekend.

It's just sad. I remember even 6-7 years ago we had more Dogs fans in Parra JRL than parra fans. Now I'm lucky to find a kid who likes the Dogs.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had quite a few good games when Mick had his caretaker stint, so that makes sense to me.

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
Let’s put a high ball up straight to the fullback the guy is useless he is stopping the attack

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can all talk ad much as we want, nothing will happen except a repeat of what we said this weekend.

It's just sad. I remember even 6-7 years ago we had more Dogs fans in Parra JRL than parra fans. Now I'm lucky to find a kid who likes the Dogs.
It will turn around, but it is going to take time.