WWOS MOLE Terrell May

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let’s see your simple math for their current roster mate
Their current roster is whatever the salary cap is in 2024, so 11.25m?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They're losing Manu (800k reportedly), Suaalii (750k reportedly) and Crichton (600k reportedly) next year. Even if they've upgraded other players (let's not talk about downgrades as well such as Keary) that's a lot of salary cap to play with. If anyone is surprised when they sign a couple of star players (or put someone like May on a contract for what he's worth) for next year they can't do simple math.
Let’s talk about this year though… how they are under the cap is suspect

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let’s talk about this year though… how they are under the cap is suspect
So you're saying the NRL is allowing Rooster to be over the salary cap. If you believe Rooster have got away for years paying players outside the salary cap so easily (with no one coming out either) then every club not doing it is dumb. I get saying it as a meme/joke because their roster is stacked but if you genuinely think they're cheating the cap it comes across as jealously to me. Maybe it'd be a better use of energy to go through our roster on who (players)/where (positions) we've decided to spend our salary cap on.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This season is beyond a joke for the chooks who boast 3 players in their backline alone on or near 1M each in Teddy, Manu & Sualii - Dom Young is on 500K and Tupou likely 400K, Keary is 900k and Walker is decent coin - and I’m yet to delve into Collins, Crighton, Radley, JWH and Leniu territory…. The fact Crighton can’t crack the 17 is beyond stacked. At least next season, they can say Sualii and Manu are potentially leaving (mind you they have that Wallabies player coming apparently for peanuts which is a bullsh!t go - but to keep all those players this year is ridiculous.

I really hope they don’t win the comp, they are well over the cap and manage it all through third parties and their vast wealthy networks.
I’ve got a feeling their chairman, the famous investment banker Mark Bouris who owns Yellow Brick Road investment firm turns their unders into overs. Laundy needs to sharpen his pencil I think.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’ve got a feeling their chairman, the famous investment banker Mark Bouris who owns Yellow Brick Road investment firm turns their unders into overs. Laundy needs to sharpen his pencil I think.
Roosters officials and big businessmen keep their mouth shut. We've always had silly big noting fucks that talk to media.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you're saying the NRL is allowing Rooster to be over the salary cap. If you believe Rooster have got away for years paying players outside the salary cap so easily (with no one coming out either) then every club not doing it is dumb. I get saying it as a meme/joke because their roster is stacked but if you genuinely think they're cheating the cap it comes across as jealously to me. Maybe it'd be a better use of energy to go through our roster on who (players)/where (positions) we've decided to spend our salary cap on.
I’m saying in reality they shouldn’t be under the cap, but they have a “system” in place that works out for them.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters officials and big businessmen keep their mouth shut. We've always had silly big noting fucks that talk to media.
Also the players who (get paid money under the table) will keep quite because it will not only hurt the club but also themselves, if they squell.
A rich outsider paying players direct without the club knowing about it is virtually full proff.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also the players who (get paid money under the table) will keep quite because it will not only hurt the club but also themselves, if they squell.
A rich outsider paying players direct without the club knowing about it is virtually full proff.
There’s also the investment scheme thing via those Networks e.g. buy a unit in Bondi well below market price and “wallah” - the shortfall on the books disguised as “wanting to play for the Roosters” is made up or bettered the next day (true market value of that property is significantly higher).

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is saying the roosters are allowed to cheat the cap. The part you seem to be missing is that there is no way all these players at their market value sit inside the cap alone.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is saying the roosters are allowed to cheat the cap. The part you seem to be missing is that there is no way all these players at their market value sit inside the cap alone.
Simple basic math

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They sign players for what they're worth or in some cases under as players would rather play at a top team. It's clear users on here think Rooster are cheating the salary cap.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes it's simple math looking at their losses for next year, a lot of salary cap to spend.
No. It’s simple math the roster is not realistic to the cap.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it's simple math looking at their losses for next year, a lot of salary cap to spend.
Simple math. No need to look at next year. Look at this year or even last year as a reference point

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even Drunkfield had enough inside knowledge to determine that the rorters playing roster is 3 million (or so wasn't it?) over the cap.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone who can do basic math would be able to dm the same!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Swallow your fucking pride Gus and offer this **** 1mil. God knows we fucking need him
Gus in no hurry for results this year or probably even next unfortunately so we can't assume he'll do the right thing and sign May. It all happens in Gus' own timeline and plan.