Official Gus on Twitter

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% the club needs to employ someone to keep fans in the loop.
I believe someone is employed to do it. How difficult would it be to update the website. Even just remove all the 2023 stuff. Apart from the valuing of middle forwards, the biggest ongoing fail is the lack of info put out by the club aimed at informing supporters - it is a missed opportunity for continuous engagement with fans.

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe someone is employed to do it. How difficult would it be to update the website. Even just remove all the 2023 stuff. Apart from the valuing of middle forwards, the lack of info put out by the club, aimed at informing supporters is a missed opportunity for continuous engagement with fans.
If there is someone employed then they are doing a shit job.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Skipping through 3 pages of
Fucking bullshit thanks to 04 dribbling as always… deadset can this shit stop! It’s such a shit show been a forum member for decade and a half and it’s out of control.

Is that the New Jersey or not? Anyone useful?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And let's be honest
Those Penrith systems we talk about are actually old school bulldog systems that Gould learn during his time at the bulldogs and implemented at Penrith.
Gould has mentioned this from time to time during commentary over the last 25 years.
I have heard him credit a lot of the storm success abd foundations of that clubs sustained success by the standards Chris Anderson implemented at the very beginning.
The standards he learnt at the bulldogs was implemented at the storm and they have stuck to those fundamental ideas since,
The same at the panthers..
Gould implemented standards and expectations and systems he knew would bring success to the panthers.
A lot of talk is about pathways, that is only one part, the other is implementing high standards and expectations at the highest level that filters down through the grades.
And that's hard work, pushing players to breaking point is what hardens players into winners.
Our 98 team would never have been able to get those come from behind wins without that hard training and weeding out the weak.
That's what we mean when we say bulldog DNA.
Club first, team second, individual 3rd.
Back to the old ways, to be a bulldog, you have to be tough.
I'm all for this hard nose approach,
Post of the year this

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I'd rather have him than not but I still don't like him.

Tell me one good reason why our fans should have to beg him over twitter for simple information other clubs make easily accessible for their fans on their website or social media platforms?
I dont blame Gus for the clubs refusal to communicate with "every day supporters"- and i dont expect the club would or should be engaged in discussing or debating with supporters in any way - all they need to do is get the website up to date with current info - squad lists, game time s n venues, injury updates, top 30/38 profiles etc - it would get more clicks - isnt that good for sponsors - Gould would get less questions on twitter, more people might turn up to NSW cup games flegg games etc

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one should beg him, and the club should do more to inform us fans .
As for Gus he should stay off social media if he can’t handle it.
I can only imagine how much people msg him.
100%

Club should be posting all information that’s relevant to our club and teams, I don’t care how it’s done but it needs to be done. NRL is so backwards and the clubs follow when it comes to this.

Clubs should be posting players profiles with contract lengths etc, I don’t want to visit a crap site like ZT to find that info.

Gus wouldn’t have to respond if the club had it setup, there are plenty of genuine questions and trolling too and it takes plenty to deal with it.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did Brent Read just admit that some of the shit we cop is the DT sticking up for their mates?

Literally saying that they go after Gould because he gives Michael Carayannis a hard time on whatever show they are on together (100% Footy I think).