Opinion Pre Season Training

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just seen something that Salmon is training mostly with NSW Cup. Anyone confirm this? If true, wouldn’t shock me. The most pointless signing of the lot imo
Nothing signing just for the sake of the pantherisation of the club. Looked good in maybe 2 games running through holes off Cleary and we couldnt throw 400k at him quick enough

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was at the training session this morning also.
Couple of notes I got from it:
- Boys did an opposing session against each other and pretty much confirmed their positions for the start of the year
- Poasa came off during the opposing session with a wrist injury
- Samrani limping a little bit
- Poasa and Addo Carr were both quite behind the rest of the team during the beep test. Addo Carr a tad bit unfit
- Kiraz, Perham and Harry Hayes dominated the beep test
- Joash Papali lined up for the reserve grade side at fullback. Kid is quick off the mark and got insane pace.
- Kiraz training a bit in centre past two training sessions
- Hutchison and Sexton sharing the halfback role
- Forwards lack some go forward but the middle is quite strong with Mann and Curran controlling the middle defence
- Taffee very loud and directive at fullback.
- Crichton, even though not training, shouting and directing the boys. Fitting in perfectly
Judging from the past 2 training sessions I feel the side might be structured as
1. Blake Taffee
2. Josh Addo Carr
3. Connor Tracey/Bronson Xerri
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Jacob Kiraz/Blake Wilson
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton/ Drew Hutchison
8. Josh Curran
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Max King
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Kurt Mann
14. Jake Turpin
15. Raymond Faitala Mariner
16. Samuel Hughes
17. Liam Knight
IMHO if all of King Knight Kikau are fit i think Curran will be 13 and Mann 14. Unless Mahoney is unavailable cant see Turpin being part of a fg bench - more likely one of the many utilities. If Tracey is not fit i think Kiraz might be ahead of Xerri for centre Wilson on the wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
IMHO if all of King Knight Kikau are fit i think Curran will be 13 and Mann 14. Unless Mahoney is unavailable cant see Turpin being part of a fg bench - more likely one of the many utilities. If Tracey is not fit i think Kiraz might be ahead of Xerri for centre Wilson on the wing.
Kiraz should be centre regardless of whatever else is happening imo.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was at the training session this morning also.
Couple of notes I got from it:
- Boys did an opposing session against each other and pretty much confirmed their positions for the start of the year
- Poasa came off during the opposing session with a wrist injury
- Samrani limping a little bit
- Poasa and Addo Carr were both quite behind the rest of the team during the beep test. Addo Carr a tad bit unfit
- Kiraz, Perham and Harry Hayes dominated the beep test
- Joash Papali lined up for the reserve grade side at fullback. Kid is quick off the mark and got insane pace.
- Kiraz training a bit in centre past two training sessions
- Hutchison and Sexton sharing the halfback role
- Forwards lack some go forward but the middle is quite strong with Mann and Curran controlling the middle defence
- Taffee very loud and directive at fullback.
- Crichton, even though not training, shouting and directing the boys. Fitting in perfectly
Judging from the past 2 training sessions I feel the side might be structured as
1. Blake Taffee
2. Josh Addo Carr
3. Connor Tracey/Bronson Xerri
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Jacob Kiraz/Blake Wilson
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton/ Drew Hutchison
8. Josh Curran
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Max King
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Kurt Mann
14. Jake Turpin
15. Raymond Faitala Mariner
16. Samuel Hughes
17. Liam Knight
Curran prop? swap for Hughes to start, adds size. Curran back to lock, Mann to bench pushing Turpin out. Just pick another out and out middle forward... Sutton, Patolo if either are ready or reluctantly pick Edwards or Morrin. Hope Xerri is good to start the year in NRL, keeping Kiraz on the wing, with Wilson unlucky to miss out. Sexton or Hutchinson as 7, as they are the only two options. With Tracey unfit, Taffe has to play fullback. But I don't like the sound of Mann as a starting middle forward, somebody else has to stand up.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you weren't there what exactly did your eyes see?
What his fantastic imagination told him he saw.

So basically you are making a ill-informed assumption and labelling it as fact.
That’s all I’ve ever seen from him. Dunno why people treat him any differently to any other trolls. Just bitches and moans about stuff based on anecdotes and media.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing signing just for the sake of the pantherisation of the club. Looked good in maybe 2 games running through holes off Cleary and we couldnt throw 400k at him quick enough
400k for salmon, 925k for critta, 850k for burto, 800k for kiks, 650k for fox where are you getting these prices from?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
400k for salmon, 925k for critta, 850k for burto, 800k for kiks, 650k for fox where are you getting these prices from?
only 2 of those is realistically correct the other 3 are way off the mark

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
only 2 of those is realistically correct the other 3 are way off the mark
We have to spend X% of our cap so I would not be surprised in the slightest if certain players on short-term deals are on decent overs.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have to spend X% of our cap so I would not be surprised in the slightest if certain players on short-term deals are on decent overs.
don't think we've spent all of it yet though, still got a bit left for a mid season signing

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Called what? That Curran @ prop is a shit call? I agree.
I don't think he'll be as bad as you think he would be. Though if he were to play prop I'd leave it for the end of the game not starting.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You’re a fucking window licker. Your contributions are one dimensional and so repetitive that everyone knows what you are gonna say before you start typing. think it’s time to ban this clown
Why do people have to resort to name calling just because he has different opinions to you? If you don't like what he says just block him.