Phil Gould and Bulldogs land signature of 'lightning' nephew of Kiwi legend

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep indeed. Each year I hope for year on year incremental improvement. The recruitment mostly looks good and seems to have us heading in the right direction both in the NRL team and Juniors. However Gus tells us to have patience….since 2020 when Bulldogs & Broncos both “finished last” on 6 points (only F/A saved us), Broncos have climbed from bottom to top by 2023.
2020-23 we have finished 15, 16, 12, 15. Almost no improvement. With turning over at minimum half the roster every year, I would expect our climb up the ladder should be well on the way. Gus/CC need to deliver in 2024, to finish somewhere 9-12 at least.
The big difference is that Donkeys team with the quality players they had should never have finished last. Whereas we finished about where the quality of players we had dictated.

Always a Bulldog

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah exactly I just hope we’re balancing the lower grades with all positions than targeting a few positions.
The Bulldogs have a halves and prop forward acadamy. Mark O’Meley heads the prop development and we have identified around a dozen young props in the lower and top grades being developed including Jack Todd, Lipoi Hopoi and Zac Montgomery and local juniors Fanafou Seve and Mohamed Hadid as well as a few Qlders in Damon Marshall, Jack Underhill, David Leota and Oliva Smith.

Our halves academy has the likes of Alex Conti from West Tigers who has big wraps, local juniors Bronson Reuben and Mitchell Woods and Flegg and Massy cup half Joseph Teaupa.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't get too cocky, something isn't right...
The Clowns aren't laughing ?