Offer Made (May)

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No way they renew Angus Chricton, there is some money there. I actually think that they don't resign Manu and I have a feeling Teddy retires at the end of this season. They will have money, will be hard to compete for signatures against them.
I thought last year angus was rejected to go to union. Manu will definitely re sign if teddy has hinted to Trent that he will retire in the next year or two. Manu is a gun and if given time to play a full season in fb he could be in the elites like rts

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a newspaper article from the DT, anyone could have leaked info to them for a dozen different reasons …

My #1 guess would be his management dropped it to see if the Rorters would up their offer …

And if that eventuates it’ll be another miss from us from the clowns, you know .. because the DT said we’d made an offer ..
Perhaps Gus himself threw a bone to the media, if it’s made public the offer is around 500K, that puts massive pressure on the Chooks on their obvious masking, but legal, rorting of the cap. They don’t have 500k for a bench middle at their club.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get used to it. We have shot ourselves in the foot time after time in the player market over the past couple yrs so no player wants to come here unless the agreement is all 1 way traffic in there favour. This is another prime example. This is what its come to
Honestly dude, if you are over the age of eight or nine you should know how to spell/the difference between there, their and they’re.

It’s very hard to give credit to someone who would fail a primary school English exam. I’ve posted about your grammar before. If you spell and articulate like a simpleton, people will treat you as such.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No way they renew Angus Chricton, there is some money there. I actually think that they don't resign Manu and I have a feeling Teddy retires at the end of this season. They will have money, will be hard to compete for signatures against them.
Crichton is finished. Still on a bad trip.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get used to it. We have shot ourselves in the foot time after time in the player market over the past couple yrs so no player wants to come here unless the agreement is all 1 way traffic in there favour. This is another prime example. This is what its come to
@04 Dreaming @Flanagun @Berries We have chased and missed out on many players some in spectacularly embarrassing fashion Hunt, Tino, AFB, Luai and even lost out on Twal in a one horse race. We offered Haas a mentor before he was able to go onto the market. We chased the Saifiti that was contracted not the one able to hit the market missed a long term shot at both in the end. Luai said in his own press conference how he had to break the news to Ciraldo. We missed out on others too like Sele and Leinu. We didn't even enter the market for Flegler. We had Leinu virtually done until Roosters missed out on Flegler and quickly went for Leinu.

Now we are banking everything on chasing the 3rd or 4th string prop at the Roosters who has openly said he wants to be part of a package deal with his brothers if he was to play for someone except for Roosters or Panthers.

The problem we have with our misses compared to say Bennett or Flanagan who have missed targets is that Gould won't stand by what he has and willingly keen to shop players around or flick them when off contract (Averillo & Waddell 2 of our 3 best from 2023 come to mind) whereas Bennett was last year and Flanagan this year prepared to invest from whats within and just wait until the market opens again.

Marshall, Flanagan, Hasler and Bennett at least have firm control of their teams Ciraldo doesn't. Soon enough Ciraldo will want more control of the squad selections and will want to sign or retain certain players to which Ivan Cleary found out when he wanted to keep Koroisau in 2015 only to find out via the newspapers he wasn't to be retained for 2016. In the end Cleary was sacked for being too tired.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming @Flanagun @Berries We have chased and missed out on many players some in spectacularly embarrassing fashion Hunt, Tino, AFB, Luai and even lost out on Twal in a one horse race. We offered Haas a mentor before he was able to go onto the market. We chased the Saifiti that was contracted not the one able to hit the market missed a long term shot at both in the end. Luai said in his own press conference how he had to break the news to Ciraldo. We missed out on others too like Sele and Leinu. We didn't even enter the market for Flegler. We had Leinu virtually done until Roosters missed out on Flegler and quickly went for Leinu.

Now we are banking everything on chasing the 3rd or 4th string prop at the Roosters who has openly said he wants to be part of a package deal with his brothers if he was to play for someone except for Roosters or Panthers.

The problem we have with our misses compared to say Bennett or Flanagan who have missed targets is that Gould won't stand by what he has and willingly keen to shop players around or flick them when off contract (Averillo & Waddell 2 of our 3 best from 2023 come to mind) whereas Bennett was last year and Flanagan this year prepared to invest from whats within and just wait until the market opens again.

Marshall, Flanagan, Hasler and Bennett at least have firm control of their teams Ciraldo doesn't. Soon enough Ciraldo will want more control of the squad selections and will want to sign or retain certain players to which Ivan Cleary found out when he wanted to keep Koroisau in 2015 only to find out via the newspapers he wasn't to be retained for 2016. In the end Cleary was sacked for being too tired.
tino was never leaving qld, dragons were never gonna release hunt to us, luai chose tigers for the money and was never worth signing on what tigers are paying him.....

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: OMG.. you really are setting new standards for comedy and this last paragrapgh is gold. Using Wayne Bennett as an example in the same sentence as Benji Marshall..? Flange senior couldnt get anyone to the dragqueens and he is a "Premiership winner" and old mate Hasler has not done anything worthwhile since we lost to Souths 10 years ago, and even with the stacked roster he has inherited at the Titans he has already started his time thier giving out 10 year contracts. I will bet all Titans fans are excited about seeing Tino do a Greg Eastwood finishing his career for the Tweed Head Wombats on a $mil per.

P.S why do you double tag people? Isnt it in the club rules that all Rayancheros read each others posts?
The ten year contract is absurd in Rugby League especially for a forward.
However I do think Des and Titan’s will have the Titan’s playing better than us this year. So
I guess we’re in no place to throw stones if they are literally ahead of us. Season hasn’t started yet but I can’t see us finishing above them. If we do it’s huge kudos to CC and a massive F for Des. Again, unlikely.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
500k is overs but we've got little alternative at this stage. Could do (and have done) a lot worse with the sort of coin.
Overs at this point backing him to have a solid season for them. Sutton and 0 hit up RFM get that coin.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The ten year contract is absurd in Rugby League especially for a forward.
However I do think Des and Titan’s will have the Titan’s playing better than us this year. So
I guess we’re in no place to throw stones if they are literally ahead of us. Season hasn’t started yet but I can’t see us finishing above them. If we do it’s huge kudos to CC and a massive F for Des. Again, unlikely.
Not throwing stones at the Tits at all, TBH i think they will play finals this year. I am throwing rocks at the stupid comparison that was made.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not throwing stones at the Tits at all, TBH i think they will play finals this year. I am throwing rocks at the stupid comparison that was made.
Fancy them against most the likes of Manly, Newcastle, raiders those type of games they’re winning im with u. Think they might just come short depends of if Foran can stay fit at the back end.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Chammas on SEN this morning said that Terrell is going to the Dogs in 2025, and possibly Taylan (but wasn’t sure of that). Couldn’t comment on Tyrone (thank God).
Believe it when we announce it. Also need to sign some bodies for 24 as well, unless we plan on playing kiraz and xerri as props.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chammas on SEN this morning said that Terrell is going to the Dogs in 2025, and possibly Taylan (but wasn’t sure of that). Couldn’t comment on Tyrone (thank God).
Chammas works with Gus so maybe there’s something in it although Gus literally hammers him every episode I’ve seen…

Having a look at available middles for 2025 and in all honesty, only Hamlin-Uele and May stand out and offer value for $

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dogs have the money to offer, but I'm stunned to read that the Roosters have a salary cap.
They could only afford Leniu and Young because Tupou and JWH and Crichton were leaving... But all of them are still there. Cheating and creates a false illusion that they are cap compliant when they leave.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d be happy with that. I’d even take the muppet one for depth at minimum if it got those 2 at a decent price. Both walk into our 13.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why does the nrl allow players to be signing for the following year before this years season has even begun? It's distracting and annoying hearing about it all. It's not good for team harmony either.