Opinion Pre Season Training

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way Taafe reads the game and throws his body around is good enough for a FB at the top level. As i keep saying i hope CC just goes for a natural approach to every player and plays as many strike players in natural positions.

Curran is absolutely belting blokes... He and Knight had words yesterday, Loved it, raised the fcuk out of the tempo. Mann is looking fresh, you can see the experience and skill he brings. He has been around a long time, i think he will thrive under the conditions similar to his Melbourne days.

Salmon is strong, i personally cant find a spot for him but the guy is a goer and holds his own...

As for Edwards, would love a bit more size but the way the kid is throwing his body around and constantly showing off the variety in his game it will be VERY hard to leave him out.

I actually sat there yesterday analyzing the fcuk out of the team for 2 hrs and it was so hard to make one up tbh with the amount of players pushing. I couldn't help myself and walked up to Ciro after training and told him just that "2 hrs, up there, dis dat, good luck with the lineup".. He said cheekily that yeah he is struggling to put one together...I replied "good headaches, good luck"
Thanks for the update KLil.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way Taafe reads the game and throws his body around is good enough for a FB at the top level. As i keep saying i hope CC just goes for a natural approach to every player and plays as many strike players in natural positions.

Curran is absolutely belting blokes... He and Knight had words yesterday, Loved it, raised the fcuk out of the tempo. Mann is looking fresh, you can see the experience and skill he brings. He has been around a long time, i think he will thrive under the conditions similar to his Melbourne days.

Salmon is strong, i personally cant find a spot for him but the guy is a goer and holds his own...

As for Edwards, would love a bit more size but the way the kid is throwing his body around and constantly showing off the variety in his game it will be VERY hard to leave him out.

I actually sat there yesterday analyzing the fcuk out of the team for 2 hrs and it was so hard to make one up tbh with the amount of players pushing. I couldn't help myself and walked up to Ciro after training and told him just that "2 hrs, up there, dis dat, good luck with the lineup".. He said cheekily that yeah he is struggling to put one together...I replied "good headaches, good luck"
thanks for the updates. good to hear the big boys ripping into each other

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you're getting too excited...but yes you're there and I'm not but I'm still not rating these signings lol.
Im excited because we are heading in the right direction. I dont think we are finals footy bound yet but we will be MUCH more competitive.

People saying top 4, top 8, top 10, truth is we would be winning if we are losing games to top 8 teams by no more than 10 points and maybe even jagging a few upsets.

Honestly the only thing i can see wrong (hoping CC picks the right line-up) is the fact guys like Sutto and Patolo arent running yet. I know your going to say they're average as anyway but they're still bigger cogs which would have made us slightly better.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we are still a fair way off that with this pack, but I am keen to see some fucking mongrel out of the boys we have. so good that you blokes that get the chance to go to training post what you are seeing.
No doubt but when I tell ya they're wiping the floor with each other and coming in with dirty dog shots third man ins, playmakers getting hit so hard they cant get up, you can only imagine what they're going to do game day.

We need bigger bodies no doubt but boys a ready to tear new assholes.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for the update :blush:

What position do you see him playing?
No idea yet as he hasn't done any drills... Considering Critta and Taafe are getting most footy at FB atm might be a bit late to throw Tracey there so he might go into center.

Wilso and Kiraz still recovering from injuries too so who knows what going to happen but its still early... Bolter is definitely Xerri.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No doubt but when I tell ya they're wiping the floor with each other and coming in with dirty dog shots third man ins, playmakers getting hit so hard they cant get up, you can only imagine what they're going to do game day.

fucking singing my tune, :hearteyes: incoming 'they will get injured at training, what is ciraldo doing??" post in3,2,1..........
PS has anyone shifted Burton?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? Don’t you like it when the clown crew and their followers shit on the club, shit on the GM, shit on our board, shit on our players, shit on our recruits, shit on our trainer, shit on our coach and basically by doing that they are shitting on our jersey?

You actually like talking footy instead? Me too bro

Do you know whch days they do morning field sessions - the few sessions iv seen the biggest difference to the lats few years i noticed was no stragglers - very up tempo group transitions. -I noticed Liam Knight was cranky at a few players. Sutton n Patolo still not running?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im excited because we are heading in the right direction. I dont think we are finals footy bound yet but we will be MUCH more competitive.

People saying top 4, top 8, top 10, truth is we would be winning if we are losing games to top 8 teams by no more than 10 points and maybe even jagging a few upsets.

Honestly the only thing i can see wrong (hoping CC picks the right line-up) is the fact guys like Sutto and Patolo arent running yet. I know your going to say they're average as anyway but they're still bigger cogs which would have made us slightly better.
I rate Patolo but he's had it tough since coming into firstgrade. Sutton...meh. King is the only competent starting prop we have with Knight behind him who has proven time and time again throughout his career that he isn't good enough. Having to rely on a bunch of inexperienced middles to hit the ground running next season is crazy. This has been an issue since Gus got here and he still hasn't addressed it.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we are still a fair way off that with this pack, but I am keen to see some fucking mongrel out of the boys we have. so good that you blokes that get the chance to go to training post what you are seeing.
The way I look at it maroondog, we can't falter the efforts of most of the players last season, that is before injuries struck hard, now a new season and new players all it would take is the props bulking up and the haves sparking up the team...
Then we'll be " On the road again " :laughing:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
fucking singing my tune, :hearteyes: incoming 'they will get injured at training, what is ciraldo doing??" post in3,2,1..........
In all honesty they do need to calm the fcuk down a bit lol... BUT i love it, definitely the best way in getting ready for the real thing.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I rate Patolo but he's had it tough since coming into firstgrade. Sutton...meh. King is the only competent starting prop we have with Knight behind him who has proven time and time again throughout his career that he isn't good enough. Having to rely on a bunch of inexperienced middles to hit the ground running next season is crazy. This has been an issue since Gus got here and he still hasn't addressed it.
Im not disagreeing with ya, even Gus knows it, they all know it but the boys are ready for the challenge. Thats the word believe it or not so hopefully its a team effort.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No idea yet as he hasn't done any drills... Considering Critta and Taafe are getting most footy at FB atm might be a bit late to throw Tracey there so he might go into center.

Wilso and Kiraz still recovering from injuries too so who knows what going to happen but its still early... Bolter is definitely Xerri.
Is it true some of the props have bulked up ?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In all honesty they do need to calm the fcuk down a bit lol... BUT i love it, definitely the best way in getting ready for the real thing.
yeah I hear what you are saying, but I love the intent and I love the fact that blokes are putting their body on the line for a spot, thats bulldog culture right there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im not disagreeing with ya, even Gus knows it, they all know it but the boys are ready for the challenge. Thats the word believe it or not so hopefully its a team effort.
Yes well I'll believe it when I see it. Anyway is Burton running at centre, fuck Ciraldawg is getting demoted back to Ciraldo and then Ciraldildo if he's still not in a month's time.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone looks good at training though, heard similar last season, etc. Doesn't mean shit until you're out on the field and performing, even Mason said that.
You make a good point, but it doesn’t change the fact that new club, new team, new opportunity, that players can massively improve .. getting out their and watching them might change your perspective on a few players you think aren’t that good .. you might find that you are harsh on some players that have really matured & stepped up their game …

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The way I look at it maroondog, we can't falter the efforts of most of the players last season, that is before injuries struck hard, now a new season and new players all it would take is the props bulking up and the haves sparking up the team...
Then we'll be " On the road again " :laughing:
I agree, too many times last year players busting their arse where let down by pricks that didn't want to be there and could'nt be fucked to make an effort and it got toxic.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Love reading this sort of stuff. I’ve got visions of Curran belting Moses in round 1 and endearing himself to bulldog supporters straight away.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't place the same emphasis as I used to on for and against since the six again rule kicked in. It just blows out score lines like crazy, because even the fittest of teams get exhausted when hammered with set restarts.

Since when have we seen 74 to 0 like the Cowboys v Tigers score line last season? I can answer that, it's in fact the highest score blow out since 1935, and it's hardly the only one, we copped a couple. In general if you look at the games or the play by plays there's strong indicator of a score blow out when one team cops a number of repetitive set restarts early in the game. For example in the Parramatta game we copped 4 set restarts in the 1st 20 mins, any wonder we ran out of petrol.

Always a Bulldog

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't place the same emphasis as I used to on for and against since the six again rule kicked in. It just blows out score lines like crazy, because even the fittest of teams get exhausted when hammered with set restarts.

Since when have we seen 74 to 0 like the Cowboys v Tigers score line last season? I can answer that, it's in fact the highest score blow out since 1935, and it's hardly the only one, we copped a couple. In general if you look at the games or the play by plays there's strong indicator of a score blow out when one team cops a number of repetitive set restarts early in the game. For example in the Parramatta game we copped 4 set restarts in the 1st 20 mins, any wonder we ran out of petrol.

Always a Bulldog
yeah but we have to ensure as much as possible we are disciplined. I know we would still have 0% control of referee outcomes. Last year I highly doubt will happen again with how players were not defending or doing anything to spark a change in Momentum. We just want to see the team try every game just for the passion of their hearts are out there for the club.