News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. I don't think we can blame Gus on this one however I'll still blame him for still not signing a decent prop. King is going to be busted a month into the season again at this rate.
Quite possibly. Unless Hughes steps up the way he has been training. And Potentially Curran doing some more work in the middle with the ball. A lot of responsibility on Kingy for play 1.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Quite possibly. Unless Hughes steps up the way he has been training. And Potentially Curran doing some more work in the middle with the ball. A lot of responsibility on Kingy for play 1.
King & Hughes will be good off the bench. Curran to play lock. Now we have to cover the 2 starting prop positions.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks had AFB lined up for while, seems like we were never really an option unless things fell through. He took less money to join them too.

Good chance his kids have a new unit by shark park waiting for them.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
crighton doesn't get that intercept against souths they would of lost the game........
Great, all we need is for him to produce 4-5 intercept tries a game and we’ll be contenders.

I didn’t say centres can’t produce match winning plays, but they aren’t the type of players who get you into a position to win.

Spine and ruck - those are the areas we need to be focusing on.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks had AFB lined up for while, seems like we were never really an option unless things fell through. He took less money to join them too.
^^ this …

What some fail to realise is by the time the media find out, most of these deals have already been done behind closed doors … the back page meetings & media circus is all just a front to make everything look above board … e.g Kikau … not a clue until the photo leak ..

Some just can’t see the big picture … or they choose not to because it doesn’t suit their agenda ..

Not sure about the less money though .. maybe less on paper ..

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes. I don't think we can blame Gus on this one however I'll still blame him for still not signing a decent prop. King is going to be busted a month into the season again at this rate.
we can 100 percent blame him. How does he expect to sell elite players on a vision to come here when he is giving quotes to the media saying we are years off success to buy himself time?

His tenure so far has been the most dismal of failures.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we can 100 percent blame him. How does he expect to sell elite players on a vision to come here when he is giving quotes to the media saying we are years off success to buy himself time?

His tenure so far has been the most dismal of failures.
So have you as a fan and a supporter.
You are a special one.
We had 7 years to attract players and sell the vision why you so stressed about it now?

Last edited:

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great, all we need is for him to produce 4-5 intercept tries a game and we’ll be contenders.

I didn’t say centres can’t produce match winning plays, but they aren’t the type of players who get you into a position to win.

Spine and ruck - those are the areas we need to be focusing on.
spine is ok for now it's more the ruck and forwards that need addressing

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So have you as a fan and a supporter.
You are a special one.
We had 7 years to attract players and sell the vision why you so stressed about it now?
That’s not even true. For a big portion of that time we were cap crippled. Gus is supposed to be one of the best administrators in the game and has pretty much come up with duck eggs. You’re honestly going to use years of mediocrity to excuse continued mediocrity from a guy who is supposed to be the best at what he does?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Chrichton will have a far greater impact on our teams results than any recruit we have had so far.
He’s a centre. Albeit a very good one. He’ll be absolute tits on a bull without go forward to lay a platform. I admire his professionalism and do like him, but people act as if his signing was a game changer that will completely turn things around and it’s so far from the truth.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
spine is ok for now it's more the ruck and forwards that need addressing
Well, at least we have a few more options at halfback and fullback, so I agree with you to an extent. Still far from a great spine, though…and I’m really not sold on Mahoney.

But I do agree forwards need to be our number one priority.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s not even true. For a big portion of that time we were cap crippled. Gus is supposed to be one of the best administrators in the game and has pretty much come up with duck eggs. You’re honestly going to use years of mediocrity to excuse continued mediocrity from a guy who is supposed to be the best at what he does?
lol 2024 hasn’t started but yet you write the club off. You think the club could attract players prior Gus?
Don’t use cap crippled as an excuse we had the cap fixed from 2020

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, at least we have a few more options at halfback and fullback, so I agree with you to an extent. Still far from a great spine, though…and I’m really not sold on Mahoney.

But I do agree forwards need to be our number one priority.
I think we'll reduce mahoney's minutes next year and have either Turpin or whoever the utility on the bench is on match day to rotate considering our middles will get owned each week

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol 2024 hasn’t started but yet you write the club off. You think the club could attract players prior Gus?
Don’t use cap crippled as an excuse we had the cap fixed from 2020
And started signing players from 2020. You would expect a man with a reputation like Gus’s to have more success than Barrett when it comes to recruitment. That has been far from the case.

The bloke has gotten rid of forwards recklessly and signed no good forwards to replace them, weakening an already fragile pack, and still uou Make excuses for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.