We need to build Union for the club

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
It is interesting that no one here over the last few months has mentioned union targets in the usual ‘who should we sign’ dis and dat.

mayeb time to start thinking this way actually for 2025.

Tigers today signed Solomon Alaimalo from Tha chiefs yo.
Roosters signed Mark Nawaqanitawase last week.

saints are after Huge Trenton from the all blacks and will likely get him.

no one here has philosophised on who we should target. Just stupid arguing and defence of Gus.

The Union world is 17 times bigger than d league world and we have cash. And it’s a free hit on the cap so a no risk gamble.

So let’s figure out who we want?
I personally wanted Pierre Spies. That dawg was a beatst of a human. Ran the 100 in 10.70 (similar to JAC) amd was 110 kilos of muscle, cousi hVe been the best ever but he’s just retired.
Mayeb blake Schoupp or tate McDermott?

Or we do hectic ambitions and go 2 milllion for Owen Farrell.
Owen Farrell appears to me a Nathan cleary clone and has pedigree because of his dad (played nrl and for England)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Only union players I'd want are All Blacks, fuck the Wannabes
Let’s get one! We have the money there’s no excuse
I actually think we would be not doing our job if we don’t target someone.
Tigers could do it, which I constantly read here are worse than us.
I still think we should go for Farrell. The big fish.
Why not throw 2 mil! Yea it’s alot but there’s no further consequence and we recover if he says yes and fizzles.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
It is interesting that no one here over the last few months has mentioned union targets in the usual ‘who should we sign’ dis and dat.

no one here has philosophised on who we should target. Just stupid arguing and defence of Gus.

The Union world is 17 times bigger than d league world and we have cash. And it’s a free hit on the cap so a no risk gamble.

I personally wanted Pierre Spies. That dawg was a beatst of a human. Ran the 100 in 10.70 (similar to JAC) amd was 110 kilos of muscle, cousi hVe been the best ever but he’s just retired.

Owen Farrell appears to me a Nathan cleary clone and has pedigree because of his dad (played nrl and for England)
@Nasheed Politis has worked another way around the salary cap. He only has 26 in the top 30 right now. We have 31. Need to find more loopholes instead of paying players to play for other clubs.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

If we’re going to look at Union, it needs to be big mobile athletes, they are big humans in that code and these days the Union boys can tackle and do it well so I think there’s plenty of good talent there… definitely a viable option in times of scarcity

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If we’re going to look at Union, it needs to be big mobile athletes, they are big humans in that code and these days the Union boys can tackle and do it well so I think there’s plenty of good talent there… definitely a viable option in times of scarcity
We have the cash. Us and Brisbane have this luxury so let’s put it to good use and honestly throw 2 million at Owen Farrell
I do f see any difference to paying someone fringe all black 600k or going for the cream at 2mil. Not as if we can’t afford it
Owen has said he’s open to League

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have the cash. Us and Brisbane have this luxury so let’s put it to good use and honestly throw 2 million at Owen Farrell
I do f see any difference to paying someone fringe all black 600k or going for the cream at 2mil. Not as if we can’t afford it
Owen has said he’s open to League
I wouldn’t spend it on playmakers, also, guys like Owen Farrell are ageing and get paid very well in Europe.

We could target those who are playing in local Union comps for example NPC in NZ or Currie Cup in South Africa where there are incredibly gifted athletes that could make the transition…. definitely an option our hierarchy should be looking at when there’s limited Rugby League options

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I wouldn’t spend it on playmakers, also, guys like Owen Farrell are ageing and get paid very well in Europe.

We could target those who are playing in local Union comps for example NPC in NZ or Currie Cup in South Africa where there are incredibly gifted athletes that could make the transition…. definitely an option our hierarchy should be looking at when there’s limited Rugby League options
The nrl needs to start a national reserve grade comp with a high cap maybe $3mil and make it professional to attract players to the game from all codes and keep players who aren’t nrl ready or stopping the players leaving to England to keep their career going. The nrl needs to have a big pic of dominance in the aus market and giving men and boys a career opportunity other than make or break nrl.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Were you dropped on your head at birth?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The nrl needs to start a national reserve grade comp with a high cap maybe $3mil and make it professional to attract players to the game from all codes and keep players who aren’t nrl ready or stopping the players leaving to England to keep their career going. The nrl needs to have a big pic of dominance in the aus market and giving men and boys a career opportunity other than make or break nrl.
A very good idea.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But they have some something similar atm. Giving cap free exceptions if you get a pro union player is th non league background. Hence the idea and why uncle Nick bought the winger

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed should try pacing himself a bit better and typing a much higher percentage of legible sentences.
Unless english is not his first language. Then he could consider lessons or using grammerly.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
But they have some something similar atm. Giving cap free exceptions if you get a pro union player is th non league background. Hence the idea and why uncle Nick bought the winger
We don’t need to aim to the wallaby players let’s aim at all the players. If they have no players left there will be no wallabies. Two elite nrl competitions.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. The scarcity of the player market shows that development isn't matching demand.

However the NRL seem not to see anything other than the bottom line. I don't think this will happen though I'd like it to. It'd even be good if the NRL just incentivise NRL clubs who support development in neglected areas by subsidised payments. But I don't even see that as something they'll pay for.