Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would prefer Taaffe at 7. Has an awesome running game.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF did Richard Wilkins say I'm his speech?!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo kind of said Mann will play lock when he comes off the bench
That's what I expect as Mahoney normally plays 80 and the middle is where we need help.

But Ciraldo also said that they Bought Mann as their utility, meaning that having him on the bench means that wherever we may have an injury or a HIA during a game - 9, halves, outside backs, edge forward or middle forward Mann can cover it....... Simples.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_B

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree, CC saying Tracey’s position depends on Burto almost confirms critta is the #1 for me (which is in line with what we have heard). Now that tracey is supposedly injured I think Xerri’s chances of starting have shot up given how highly CC spoke of his training so far.

By the time we see how burton is going Tracey should be back and then we may see some shuffling but I would still expect to see tracey ahead of Taffee at fullback if it comes to that
I don't read it that way

IMO, all the this "It's Up To Burto Talk" is all about sticking a rocket up Burto so performs at his best, no more excuses.

CC said that one big attraction for coming to the Dogs was because Burto was here, and believe me when I say playing Burto in the centres is not what got CC excited. He is our best 6 option bar none... end of story. He just has to do it every week.

Of course, this is ONLY MY OPINION.

Last edited:

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
More missed tackles doesn't mean worse defender. If someone makes 50 tackles but misses 4 he isn't worse than someone who makes 5 tackles but misses 3.

Also if you move out too wide or run to the wrong player and another player runs through the gap then it doesn't count as a missed tackle because you were too far from the player.

Anyway in 12/24 games Burton missed 4+ tackles.
Doesn't mean much when everyone else around him couldn't tackle my grandmother! Burton's defence when he was with Penrith and at Origin level was outstanding!

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed tackles;

Mam is worse at 4.59 per game
Townsend is worse at 3.83 per game
Katoa is worse at 3.74 per game
Weaver is worse at 5.00 per game
Brooks is worse at 4.44 per game
Pezet is worse at 3.86 per game
Munster is worse at 3.84 per game

Can Burton do better, hell yes, but this is just another statistic that proves that a large amount of Burton knocking is not based on facts.

Always a Bulldog
Has anyone seen Burton make a truly committed, dominant tackle, driving with his shoulder?

The VAST majority are grabbing efforts with the opponent landing on his front, easily over the add line and permitting a fast play the ball.

How many times has an opposing second rower, running a hard line, slightly back in against the grain, run straight through Burton's outstretched INSIDE arm? (a cardinal sin)

He is a TARGET defensively .... not a great wrap.

Stats only tell part of the story .... i want my highly paid 5/8 putting his body on the line 100% of the time ... he sure isn't lacking for size.

MANY ex-players and pundits are critical, not just Kennel niff nuffs such as myself.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IMO, 7 was a battle between Sexton & Taaffe but unfortunately with Tracey's injury it probably means Taaffe will most likely start at Fullback now.
The other option to play Taaffe at 7 would be if Skelton is god enough to cover centre with Critta going to Fullback.
With Tracey now out for a while, my most likely back line scenario to start the season is-

1. Taaffe
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri (Ciraldo says he is suprised at how advanced he's progressed considering his time out)
4. Critta (Why move the worlds best centre from his world's best position)
5. Foxx
6. Burton
7. Sexton

14. Mann (Covers Centre, 6, 9 & Back row)

18. Hutchinson (Covers Centre, 6, 7, 9 & Back Row)

Just my opinion anyway.
Yeah, a common problem is mostly resolved by just keeping it simple. You just done that.

The team will evolve, go through changes amd look different at seasons end to what it was at the start. But for now that'll do, maybe some tweaks like Xerri not ready.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All our potential 7's are really only NSW cup standard.
My money is we have 3 half backs in the first half of the year.

Was Hutchinson behind flanno at the roosters???

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, when Cody Walker was chosen to play 6 at Souths at what most would say a late age, flaccid dicks like you were saying similar about him ..

You have no idea of what this blokes truely capable of .. he might be ordinary, or with some confidence and trust in him, he might be just what we need.

Doesn’t matter though, at least he’s giving it a shot, meanwhile you’ll still just be a big mouthed narcissist wanna be on a forum ..

This here is the best way to describe you, your clown crew and Mickey Mouse ..

View attachment 97590
If u are rlly attempting to draw a comparison between Hutchison and Cody u either;
a) have no idea about rugby league
B) are trolling
C) are desperate
D) all of the above

Leaning towards D

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If u are rlly attempting to draw a comparison between Hutchison and Cody u either;
B) are trolling
C) are desperate
D) all of the above

Leaning towards D
I’m with King of the Clown crew on this one. If we need Hutch to save us in the halves we are in BIG TROUBLE!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
B) are trolling
C) are desperate
D) all of the above

Leaning towards D
Try to use the brain first, then type …

Read what I wrote again ..

Not once did I compare Walker to Hutchinson, all I compared was flaccid dicks like yourself back in the day saying similar things about Walker, as you’re now saying about Hutchinson …

I also didn’t say Hutchinson is a good player, I just said how about giving the bloke a chance before writing him of so quickly .. he might do a solid job for us ..

Again ..

Brain 1st … type 2nd …

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mods?

I trust you will follow process in dealing with this type of abuse.
There are so many different True Believer accounts must be all the same person. All spit out the same hate. Tell people to go kill themselves. We currently have a player on mental health leave and no lessons learned from the True Believers.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bold Bulldogs prediction from Fox sports:

BULLDOGS

Bold prediction
: Drew Hutchison to play No.7

Analysis: The Bulldogs have Toby Sexton as their incumbent halfback after he joined the club late last year, but he is still yet to cement himself as an NRL halfback after 24 games for the Titans and just seven for his new team. The Bulldogs even tried Matt Burton at halfback last year, but he is clearly a running five-eighth or a centre. The Bulldogs have bought a plethora of utilities in Drew Hutchison, Jaeman Salmon, Kurt Mann and Connor Tracey, but fitting them all in the team will be no easy feat. Of the recruits, Hutchison has the most experience in the halves after 75 NRL games for the Dragons and Roosters and he also comes form a winning club, so he knows what it takes to produce results on the field. A combination of two big bodies in Burton and Hutchison in the halves could also help fix the Bulldogs’ biggest problem, which is their defence on the edges.
Not really a bold prediction aye, I mean there's bound to be a few different players playing halfback with all the interruptions that occur in the season, HIAs, suspensions, etc.
Drew Hutchison wasn't my favourite 7 but he's got football iq and his last stint at halfback 80mins were 3 wins out of 3 before Sam Walker came back.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sexton, Burton, Taaffe are probably the best halves options. Hutchinson is solid at centre, halves, back row but wouldnt be amazing to start in any of those positions but excellent as a fill in. Having Hutchingson and Burton

Apparently Ciro sees Salmon as a back rower which might be best for him. Playing Drew and Burton in the halves together I think will take away a lot of the ball playing, ball shiftin as neither would be deemed too creative. Also our attcking 20 out would be worse then it already is (if that is even possible). Not that the sex pistol is a gun, but atleast he has a feel for the game and can get some shorter kicks away 10 our or lob a pass to a unmarked man, something I think Burton and Drew havent developed/dont have in their game yet.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to use the brain first, then type …

Read what I wrote again ..

Not once did I compare Walker to Hutchinson, all I compared was flaccid dicks like yourself back in the day saying similar things about Walker, as you’re now saying about Hutchinson …

I also didn’t say Hutchinson is a good player, I just said how about giving the bloke a chance before writing him of so quickly .. he might do a solid job for us ..

Again ..

Brain 1st … type 2nd …
I never said such thing about Walker and dont recall anyone else doing it either. Hutchison and walkers paths of there first 27yrs are complete opposite

Ur so desperate for an argument or troll session that uve thrown ur rugby league IQ (as little as that might be) right out the window. Stop trolling and ruining thread discussion please. For the good of the forum experience of everyone