Official Gus on Twitter

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he wrong though? Is there ant other team you think will beat them at this very point in time? It sure as fuck won't be us or the tigers.
I know I am the ever optimist, but there is one thing going in our favour -

Bulldogs last 50 year history on the "4" year of each decade.

1974 = Grand Final Runners Up

1984 = Grand Final Winner

1994 = Grand Final Runners Up

2004 = Grand Final Winner

2014 = Grand Final Runners Up

2024 = THE PREMIERSHIP IS OURS BABY!!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly I can't believe how something like this doesn't irritate them yet they'll cry if I criticise a team that almost ran last lol. As you said Gus didn't have to answer or could've just thrown out a cliche but instead he just can't help himself but praise his former club whenever the opportunity presents itself.
It’s honesty getting old, bro.

Seriously, you’re becoming just as bad as some of these troll flops on this forum, and you’re genuinely one of the good ones.

Im all for criticism when called for - and we can definitely be critical of much over the last year. But fuck me, you would think we finished dead last with a superstar roster the way you roll on sometimes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s honesty getting old, bro.

Seriously, you’re becoming just as bad as some of these troll flops on this forum, and you’re genuinely one of the good ones.

Im all for criticism when called for - and we can definitely be critical of much over the last year. But fuck me, you would think we finished dead last with a superstar roster the way you roll on sometimes.
You have absolutely no problem with our GM publicly backing a rival team to win the comp before a ball is even kicked? Just wow.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Having your GM publicly back another club to win the comp before a ball is even kicked is bat shit crazy.
Your deliberate choice of provocative words (eg; “back”) is second to none. You could have used words like “tipped” another club, or “picked”.

But no, you chose “back” which has a far stronger meaning, as in “give financial, material, or moral support”. Do really believe that with that statement Gould is giving support to Penrith, interesting.

I believe if asked to pick a 2024 Premiership winner most people would tip Penrith. But of course “tip” wasn’t your choice of descriptor.

Based on your posting history this is far from unusual, it is another simple attempt at being provocative in order to elicit responses.

Gould is tipping Penrith but he isn’t backing them.

Always a Bulldog

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have absolutely no problem with our GM publicly backing a rival team to win the comp before a ball is even kicked? Just wow.
Before I answer that one very trivial question - understand that this is just one very tiny thing that you’ve decided to pile in on. There have been many others - as I said previously, whilst you’re not on par with some of the flogs on here, you’re straying in their general direction. And you are far better than that.

To answer your question -

Tipping to win the comp? No. I’ve always hated “heart” tippers.

Supporting to win the comp? Yes. But I can’t begrudge him for having a soft spot for them given he played for, was GM of and played a role in the development of many in that squad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your deliberate choice of provocative words (eg; “back”) is second to none. You could have used words like “tipped” another club, or “picked”.

But no, you chose “back” which has a far stronger meaning, as in “give financial, material, or moral support”. Do really believe that with that statement Gould is giving support to Penrith, interesting.

I believe if asked to pick a 2024 Premiership winner most people would tip Penrith. But of course “tip” wasn’t your choice of descriptor.

Based on your posting history this is far from unusual, it is a simple attempt at being provocative in order to elicit responses.

Gould is tipping Penrith but he isn’t backing them.

Always a Bulldog
He is publicly backing the Panthers. He is having a conversation with a twitter user asking for some coaching advice, some random **** butts in asking about the Panthers and within a minute Gus has already replied "4-peat". He is publicly backing the Panthers. Right now he is OUR GM, the GM of the BULLDOGS, he should not be backing a rival. He did not need to answer the question but he couldn't help himself. Even if he absolutely has to answer the question (he doesn't) something along the lines of "Panther hard to beat" is far more appropriate for someone in his position. No one at our club should be publicly backing (tipping or whatever other spin you want to use) a rival before a ball is kicked.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Before I answer that one very trivial question - understand that this is just one very tiny thing that you’ve decided to pile in on. There have been many others - as I said previously, whilst you’re not on par with some of the flogs on here, you’re straying in their general direction. And you are far better than that.

To answer your question -

Tipping to win the comp? No. I’ve always hated “heart” tippers.

Supporting to win the comp? Yes. But I can’t begrudge him for having a soft spot for them given he played for, was GM of and played a role in the development of many in that squad.
Me criticising the team/club = bad.
Gus publicly backing his former club = good.

I don't give a shit what his connection is to them, right now he is our GM and our GM should not be publicly backing another club.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I don't give a shit what his connection is to them, right now he is our GM and our GM should not be publicly backing another club.
Criticism is needed. Keeps on an even keel.

But fuck me, you’re almost at flog level with how deep you’ve gotten. You’re better than that

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your criticism dial is at 11!
Can you turn the negative feedback dial to at least 5, please?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Criticism is needed. Keeps on an even keel.

But fuck me, you’re almost at flog level with how deep you’ve gotten. You’re better than that
That's what happens when I'm constantly called this or that by the fairy patrol on here.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to be more like Panther. A great team spirit and comradery. A never give up attitude: see the last 20mins of the 23' GF.

We need the fitness levels, intensity and players working hard for each other.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what happens when I'm constantly called this or that by the fairy patrol on here.
Don’t bury yourself bro. Not worth it.

It’s getting old super fast. Like I said, you’re a good’un. Don’t ruin your rep by descending to the shit stain level of few
You know, he's right!
Just dial back the negativity from 11 to around 5.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Honestly who here thinks that we’re in with a chance for the premiership this year?
I’m a die hard dogs fan and I think panthers are the favourites to get it done again

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly who here thinks that we’re in with a chance for the premiership this year?
I’m a die hard dogs fan and I think panthers are the favourites to get it done again
Panther, Bronco, Rabbit

Dark horse = Bulldog. All we have to do is finish any where in the top 8. The comp is very weak apart from Panther & Bronco who were miles ahead of the others.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also wtf is wrong with liking Panthers?? Do you not remember they stopped Souffs & Parra from winning the GF!!! HELLO!!!!

I for one am grateful for this era of Panther dominance because the alternative would have been far worse.