Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So now that we are stuck with HFM, I bet we miss out on SST.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So now that we are stuck with HFM, I bet we miss out on SST.
RFM isn't the obstacle to SST joining us, it's the transfer fee the Catalans are demanding.
While importantly if RFM stays he will cost us the signing of another middle forward.
I believe time will reveal that it could be a blessing in disguise.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are the odds that we will bring taukeiaho in if we can get rid of RFM?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM isn't the obstacle to SST joining us, it's the transfer fee the Catalans are demanding.
While importantly if RFM stays he will cost us the signing of another middle forward.
I believe time will reveal that it could be a blessing in disguise.
We need to free up a top 30 spot, no need to pay a transfer fee if we don't have a spot available

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
We need to free up a top 30 spot, no need to pay a transfer if we don't have a spot
I wouldn't read too much into it. If we want to move RFM on we need to keep him fit. If he just sits around doing nothing and blows out will be even harder to move him on. I really can't see RFM staying unfortunately the trust would just have to be broken. Also how much has this media circus cost the club in terms of reputation, sponsors. memberships and recruitment. Fresh start would be best for both parties. My money is on the roosters or PARA with us chipping in a fair chunk.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into it. If we want to move RFM on we need to keep him fit. If he just sits around doing nothing and blows out will be even harder to move him on. I really can't see RFM staying unfortunately the trust would just have to be broken. Also how much has this media circus cost the club in terms of reputation, sponsors. memberships and recruitment. Fresh start would be best for both parties. My money is on the roosters or PARA with us chipping in a fair chunk.
Parra have a bunch of good back rowers, as do the roosters,can't see it happening.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are the odds that we will bring taukeiaho in if we can get rid of RFM?
All announcements for signings have not been made official.
No-one knows whats happening with RFM. He was always contracted for the next 2 years, open to look elsewhere for what 6 months and there has been no reported interest from any other Club.
No-one knows the details of negotiations in regards to the transfer of SST. 'Apparently' he is signed.
When it comes to recruitment, I dont believe anything until it is officially announced by the Club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree on keeping him fit but also want him faraway from the team, the trust is broken...
Reputation is only a problem of we take notice of News's Daily Tellacrap,
Despite performing badly on field our off field team led by Warburton have gotten us amongst the best sponsored if not better than the elite performing clubs, players sponsors are on waiting list,
Considering our on field results the memberships numbers are the 6th in the comp for 2023, it could only get better,
As for recruitment, I believe we have done very well considering the availabilities on the market, We definitely still need 2 middles and maybe a halfback, patience is a virtue !!!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Parra have a bunch of good back rowers, as do the roosters,can't see it happening.
Who knows...Roosters have top 30 spots available. In terms of Eels they have Lane and Maddo. However both are injury prone and Maddo may be needed in the middle. The next rung down they have Cartwright and Doorey (if still there). Cartwright had a pretty good season, however is getting on and has always been a bit up and down, Doorey still doesn't quite look NRL ready. So there is a path to first grade there and they may be desperate enough to plug a whole (they did take Davey). If Parra don't make the 8 this year things will start getting interesting for BA.