News Bulldogs captain allowed back at training following Gus peace talks amid ugly contract standoff

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Former Bulldogs club captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner has reportedly returned to training after he was informed to stay away from pre-season according to The Daily Telegraph.

Cameron Ciraldo’s squad returned for pre-season on Monday, but the 30-year-old was informed his attendance wasn’t required amid an ugly standoff.

Despite having two years left on his current contract, the 30-year-old has been told he is free to negotiate with rivals.

Now the Bulldogs have reportedly allowed him to return to training, but his future still remains up in the air.

The remaining two years of his deal are worth a reported $800,000 and he is yet to find a suitable club to take up his deal.

Super League clubs have reportedly come knocking to acquire his services, however Faitala-Mariner is reportedly eager to continue playing NRL.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Canterbury’s stand-off with Raymond Faitala-Mariner has taken a surprise twist, with the exiled star making a shock return to training... but the peace could be shortlived.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner has broken bread with the Bulldogs but the ceasefire may be short-lived as the club’s former captain continues to scour the NRL for a fresh start.

Your whacking off right now after starting a new thread aren't you...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fairly awkward situation. And does somebody else become club captain or we just don’t worry about it. Not a great way to end almost a decade at the club

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised CC and Gus love him and he fits the values but I’d rather him settle in first before getting that sort of responsibility. He will be under enough pressure IMO.
Correct. We saw what it did to reed with the captaincy he went to water

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
You know what occurred to me?
If RFM is guilty of taking the wrong stance with the polys as reported, why is he getting shafted from the entire club????
I can fully understand why that would get him stripped of captaincy - but banished by the club?
Or is the buzz thing bigger than I assume

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fairly awkward situation. And does somebody else become club captain or we just don’t worry about it. Not a great way to end almost a decade at the club
Could work out well if he cops it on the chin and lifts himself and others in training.

Also I reckon it's better the media focuses on his story and other feel good stories on him than other things to talk about, leak, and report on.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately with a young inexperienced team we aren’t flush with options atm.
Every player bar Fox has been signed or retained by Gould. Fox should be the captain anyways one captain one leader being Fox not a circus of multiple leaders.
Burton has failed as captain and leader non existent must have been a contract agreement because I can’t think of any other reason Gould made him co captain.
Yes Gould tried to go after Hunt when under contract not expecting Flanagan to be the coach. So he did look for a leader. He did also try to pursue AFB under the good old home sickness card that didn’t work. There were however experienced players on the market he could have tested those waters instead of going unrealistic options of contracted players.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every player bar Fox has been signed or retained by Gould. Fox should be the captain anyways one captain one leader being Fox not a circus of multiple leaders.
Burton has failed as captain and leader non existent must have been a contract agreement because I can’t think of any other reason Gould made him co captain.
Yes Gould tried to go after Hunt when under contract not expecting Flanagan to be the coach. So he did look for a leader. He did also try to pursue AFB under the good old home sickness card that didn’t work. There were however experienced players on the market he could have tested those waters instead of going unrealistic options of contracted players.
The agenda posters hahaha

Know everything and posting lies!

Sad

Mummy didn't love you enough?
Not hard to see why :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Who would do a better job?

Troll :tearsofjoy:

@admins can we get the up yours emoji?
Do I need to request this somewhere else?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Reed did OK as game day skipper.
His game suffered because of a poor pack, not due to being captain. Burton should never have been co-captain though, not at this stage of his career.
Yeah I agree I think the captaincy hurt Burtos game more than Reeds. Reed started the season strong and then his form dipped when we went through the rough patch with injuries. Be interesting to see if Burto stays as co-captain for 2024.