Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
His spot is currently being occupied by RFM. So if that situation goes nowhere then someone else would need to be cut. Not as easy to do as you think. With the quality in our roster. You cannot just cut someone without another club wanting them.
Hence the cold shoulder

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And this is why we will end up paying ALL of RFMs deal.
The nrl contract list has revealed that we need the spot so Gus has no leverage - just intimidation.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM can put his feet up and get paid.
The only way he goes off is someoen offers him a min deal AND we pay him out fully

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely RFM is up for a stint in southern France?
If a club offered to overtake 100% of the contract there is still no incentive for RFM to take it.
He is going to get 400k either way. He may as well sit at home and not get injured.at the end of it he will be 32 and done anyway
Ppl is underestimating what it’s going to take to shift him
For me it’s doggs paying 400 and another team paying min wage ON TOP

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's huge for a player that is physically finished and has publicly admitted that. There's also been some talk about him wanting to box, yay.
If the club put him against Ciraldo in an in house charity fundraiser, it would almost be worth signing him lol.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a club offered to overtake 100% of the contract there is still no incentive for RFM to take it.
He is going to get 400k either way. He may as well sit at home and not get injured.at the end of it he will be 32 and done anyway
This comment is like saying the sky’s blue, and it’s going to stay blue until someone paints it pink ..

He has a nack for stating the blatantly obvious ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This comment is like saying the sky’s blue, and it’s going to stay blue until someone paints it pink ..

He has a nack for stating the blatantly obvious ..
The point I’m making is twofold
1. Will cost us big time. Big. Time.
2. We aren’t just taking about contract takeover here. It’s his last deal. We are taking about a deal so good and so big he takes it over risk free 400 large

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just have to hope that some portion of his ego makes him want to go rather than relax as a reserve. He didn't return from a potentially career ending injury without something driving him. Could be a range of things. But I think some part of every professional athlete is a decent sized ego.

The publicity around this makes me think he'll go soon.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just have to hope that some portion of his ego makes him want to go rather than relax as a reserve. He didn't return from a potentially career ending injury without something driving him. Could be a range of things. But I think some part of every professional athlete is a decent sized ego.

The publicity around this makes me think he'll go soon.
If he was 22 for sure but he’s 31 soon.
If the accusation is correct…. An laziness is a factor.
He will take 400 to send an F U to the club every time.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The point I’m making is twofold
1. Will cost us big time. Big. Time.
2. We aren’t just taking about contract takeover here. It’s his last deal. We are taking about a deal so good and so big he takes it over risk free 400 large
Pure speculation or just trolling to get a rise from people ..

You have no idea who’s in the right or wrong here …

The other side of your speculation is RFM may have committed some sackable offences that the club can prove and therefore he may not have a leg to stand on …

Let it play out & comment when you actually have some facts … right now all we have to go on is second third and fourth hand gossip & Dj’s 5 or 6 RFM media hype Facebook copy’s …

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM holds every card. Gus has cooked the books and can't fit in SST. The other clubs know this. RFM knows this. Gus is being played.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The scary part is we have filled our spots in top 30...
I personally don't see RFM going anywhere, even if we are able to sign SST (I think he's past it) looks like our front row stocks will still be the weakest in the NRL by a mile....

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I personally don't see RFM going anywhere, even if we are able to sign SST (I think he's past it) looks like our front row stocks will still be the weakest in the NRL by a mile....
That 30 includes Topine and RFM, which appears will eventually be moved on one way or another. There are also a number of players in that list that I can not see making the 17 really under any circumstance such as Hoffman and Perham. Our cup side is stacked as well and both will struggle to make our cup side. Gus has said expect plenty of changes. Hopefully that includes SST and at least one more prop. Not sure who only ones left seem to be fringes such as Blacker and Morgan Boyle.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Top 30 is so last season, this season it's Top 38 (maximum).

Always a Bulldog

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its absolutely essential that the club promotes and develops both Edwards and Hughes. They are the future.
Sutton is past it. King is better suited as a lock.
Knight and a few others are just potential benchies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a worse case scenario, i think Gus is thinking along the lines of paying 200k (or half) RFM's salary for 24/25 and the new club pays the other half, let's say $200k.

Now that AFB from the Warriors is available the forwards signings have taken a twist as there have been talks of him coming to the Dogs. Now if RFM goes we need to find in our cap (or we may have it) $800k to sign AFB. I think this is why the SST signing has stalled.

Now, if the Warriors take RFM and his full contract (as they want a replacement player) then we will only need $600k approx? Do we have this? Will another player have to leave to accommodate this??

If RFM stays then SST will be signed. Gus is pushing hard from what I am hearing to get RFM out the door and to the Warriors.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Top 30 is so last season, this season it's Top 38 (maximum).

Always a Bulldog
Yep because that’s why none of the offical lists go above 30.
Again a stupid comment wrapped up as fact.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pure speculation or just trolling to get a rise from people ..

You have no idea who’s in the right or wrong here …

The other side of your speculation is RFM may have committed some sackable offences that the club can prove and therefore he may not have a leg to stand on …

Let it play out & comment when you actually have some facts … right now all we have to go on is second third and fourth hand gossip & Dj’s 5 or 6 RFM media hype Facebook copy’s …
Not trolling not a rise. Just pure intellect.
If RFM did sackable shit he would have gone by now. He would need to. Just to get a deal because as u see in the nrl squad lists all squads have less than 4 left and I’d say average across the board is 2 spots empty per squad.
He will get shut out and if he had sackable shit he woulda been gone already