Ethan Quai-Ward

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Second time Broncos have benefitted from Gus. First 500k for Oloapu and now Quai-Ward sitting on an NRL deal without being on the Top 30 books in 2024. Win win for Broncos. They only have to chip in the train & trial costs that comes off what Bulldogs have to contribute.
500k is fkn loose change for the club. ***** who keep referring to this like it’s something are fkn infuriating

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is that idiotic?
Top of my head he got rid of:
Ava
EQW
Clarke
BBO
Harding (possibly that was before)
And I’m certain a couple of others.
These guys are low level and are in no demand elsewhere but they just casually left without any fanfare or articles about them being upset or anything.
Guarantee there will be another such as Hoffman. Doesn’t happen in other clubs nor is, before Gus arrival.

So put your critical thinking hat on just a moment. Something in which comes natural to me, but think for a second.
Why would a player like EQW give up a top 30 gig?
A. Because Gus nicely asked him to leave and forfeit the cash?
B. EQW asked to forget his top 30 spot for the once in a lifetime chance to play for South Logan? Even though he literally had an interview this season saying how prized an opportunity it is to be in the top 30.
Or,
C. Gus worked out a deal in which he gets his money anyway without the obligations attached so he agrees to walk?

I’ll let you mull this over yo, now that you have beeen blessed with the understanding of how to critically think.
When did BBO get released ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
When did BBO get released ?
I refer to the Gus tweet 6 months or go where he said words to that effect of ‘BBO has been released from top 30- we will try again next yr’
Which also means BBO might be back in the 30

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How do you know it cost anything?
He may have chose to go back to Queensland.
Was going to say the same thing - Ben Hannant all over again, homesick blah blah blah. But apparently this is a major screw up from Gus that’s going to cost the club a fortune. Are the same people up in arms about this also attacking the scribblers who speculate? Neither of them know any detail…

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why is that idiotic?
Top of my head he got rid of:
Ava
EQW
Clarke
BBO
Harding (possibly that was before)
And I’m certain a couple of others.
These guys are low level and are in no demand elsewhere but they just casually left without any fanfare or articles about them being upset or anything.
Guarantee there will be another such as Hoffman. Doesn’t happen in other clubs nor is, before Gus arrival.

So put your critical thinking hat on just a moment. Something in which comes natural to me, but think for a second.
Why would a player like EQW give up a top 30 gig?
A. Because Gus nicely asked him to leave and forfeit the cash?
B. EQW asked to forget his top 30 spot for the once in a lifetime chance to play for South Logan? Even though he literally had an interview this season saying how prized an opportunity it is to be in the top 30.
Or,
C. Gus worked out a deal in which he gets his money anyway without the obligations attached so he agrees to walk?

I’ll let you mull this over yo, now that you have beeen blessed with the understanding of how to critically think.
Says the drug dealing dole bludger.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I refer to the Gus tweet 6 months or go where he said words to that effect of ‘BBO has been released from top 30- we will try again next yr’
Which also means BBO might be back in the 30
We will try again that's yeah we might no we won't type response. Out of the Top 30 this year his wage outside of second tier still came under the Top 30 cap. Wasted money. Might not sound much but every cent adds up.