News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s very intelligent ole Fonua Blake. Neither is his counterpart Payne Haas. Literally both just did the same shit all for them to stay
or he could wait 1 more year and wait for another top Sydney team like the roosters to sign him for 2025

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have just offered Olakauatu a huge deal haven't they ? And they have a heap of high priced players already Tommy and DCE,both million plus, Jake and Schuster close to a mil. Sydney NRL Bosses would be all frantically going through the options
Im with you including re-signing B.Trbo, Sipley and Paseka as well as adding Luke Brooks.

They would be absolutely on the thin red line no doubt but then again considering the cap went up and contracts may have been locked without upgrades they might just do or cant lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We still shed plenty of players though. Vagana, Talau, Norton, Rauhihi to name a few. Pretty substantial losses imo. The fact the club was great at identifying talent eg Tonga, Harris, SBW, Maitua filled those gaps.
Yeah, there were a few gaps to fill, but you still can't tell me the backbone of that side would have been there without the cap rorting.... or that players didn't take pay cuts to stay. I don't really have issue with celebrating it, because I think rorting was and is still commonplace, but I don't think we're in the best position to lecture other clubs about winning due to cheating.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s very intelligent ole Fonua Blake. Neither is his counterpart Payne Haas. Literally both just did the same shit all for them to stay
I have a feeling the warriors denied his release.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im with you including re-signing B.Trbo, Sipley and Paseka as well as adding Luke Brooks.

They would be absolutely on the thin red line no doubt but then again considering the cap went up and contracts may have been locked without upgrades they might just do or cant lol.
Doesn't matter now, they will focus on Olakauatu. Not sure how they fit him in

Malla

Reaction score
Warriors attempt to convince Addin Fonua-Blake to reverse release request in Zoom meeting

But the Warriors are still hopeful of retaining Fonua-Blake, who ironically signed with them from Manly also on compassionate grounds - or getting a top-class forward in exchange.

One official from a Sydney club interested in signing Fonua-Blake told Wide World of Sports, "It's no guarantee they will release him".

"They want an equivalent trade. There are not many options available to them.

"They are Zooming with Fonua-Blake from England tonight (Thursday) and the general feeling is that he will stay in New Zealand for at least another 12 months."

He's not staying at Warriors.

And whoever this official is, he is right. There is no way Warriors will get the equivalent back nor will a top team in Sydney want to trade away one of their key players for a bloke who's now jumped shipped from the last 2 clubs he's been at.

Warriors need to be frank about this. They lucked up when he fell into their lap in 2020 because he wanted out of Manly. They have played no part in his development as a footballer. He now wants to be closer to his family in Aus (can't blame him) - they should let him walk and cut their losses.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's not staying at Warriors.

And whoever this official is, he is right. There is no way Warriors will get the equivalent back nor will a top team in Sydney want to trade away one of their key players for a bloke who's now jumped shipped from the last 2 clubs he's been at.

Warriors need to be frank about this. They lucked up when he fell into their lap in 2020 because he wanted out of Manly. They have played no part in his development as a footballer. He now wants to be closer to his family in Aus (can't blame him) - they should let him walk and cut their losses.
He's committed to Warriors for 2024

Squirtlevstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was nice for a moment to image him playing for us, but I would not count it out yet. As we have seen time and time again in rugby league anything is feasible.
Gould’s relationship to the NZ firm still gives me hope that if this was to take place it would be done under the cover of darkness just like the Curran signature.