SMH Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only have the panthers low balled him but only offering him a 2 year deal says he's not in their long term plans. I would say the Dragons and tigers will offer him alot more.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only 2 years.

He can get an extra 400k per year over an extra 2 years minimum at other clubs.
He'll make it up in 3rd party deals.
2 years is perfect at Panthers he's not locked in and his pay will only go up and enjoy the success.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
2 years is perfect at Panthers he's not locked in and his pay will only go up and enjoy the success.
What if he gets a career ending injury in year 1, he only gets paid for 1 more year, at $850k at Penrith. Whereas if he chooses a 4 year deal he gets paid for 3 more years, at $1.1m somewhere else. He could have a form slump, does something stupid and the NRL deregisters him etc etc. The longer contract is money in the bank, the shorter contract has risks.

Always a Bulldog

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What if he gets a career ending injury in year 1, he only gets paid for 1 more year, at $850k at Penrith. Whereas if he chooses a 4 year deal he gets paid for 3 more years, at $1.1m somewhere else. He could have a form slump, does something stupid and the NRL deregisters him etc etc. The longer contract is money in the bank, the shorter contract has risks.

Always a Bulldog
What if i have a heart attack tomorrow!!
You cant live your life like that!

Plus four years of misery of losing every week..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don;t see him leaving the Pamfers. It's just a matter of them both being happy with the price.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What if i have a heart attack tomorrow!!
You cant live your life like that!

Plus four years of misery of losing every week..
So what, he has had 3 years of Premierships, that box is well and truly ticked.
Plus he is the main bread winner in his family so security is important.

Always a Bulldog

Malla

Reaction score
I really don't think he stays with Panthers hey - just my feel.

I think Roosters get him.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what, he has had 3 years of Premierships, that box is well and truly ticked.
Plus he is the main bread winner in his family so security is important.

Always a Bulldog
850k is not enough to live on?!? Okay!
I know Shitney is expensive to live in but im sure he's doing okay.
He wont leave you watch!

Malla

Reaction score
My feels he stays!
I know i would.
Nah, I would be out for sure! 3 premierships, maybe 1 more. Chance now to earn millions. If he signs another 2 years at that amount, anything can happen - his form could drop, injuries etc. Take the max money available always!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, I would be out for sure! 3 premierships, maybe 1 more. Chance now to earn millions. If he signs another 2 years at that amount, anything can happen - his form could drop, injuries etc. Take the max money available always!
Maybe!
Time will tell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
3.8, 4. Let's see how this goes :tearsofjoy:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Panther can offer TPA's so can we? It basically cancels itself out (not like it's Storm or Bronco). We can offer the most in the salary cap. When you see how much $ and length of deal he's going to be giving up you'd have to say it's likely he leaves.

Reaction score
I done a bit of digging with some contacts out Penrith way.

I asked why did Luai dump SFX, was it because of a conflict of interest since George represents the Clearys plus 6 other Penrith players and Luai believed he was down their list of priorities?

Does he have a case looking at the top 5;
Ivan and Nathan Cleary both signed to 2027
Dylan Edwards signed to 2027
James Fisher-Harris singed to 2026
Isaah Yeo signed to 2027

It's hard not to agree that Luai, with a much shorter 2 year offer on the table, has been treated much worse than SFX's other Penrith players. That's before we even get into the $'s. If he sacked SFX because he thought they were short selling him, then he will be even more pissed with Penrith because they are definitely shafting him.

The posts so far are mostly missing the real $'s involved. If Penrith's current offer is $850k per season for 2 years = $1.7m Compared to another club that has offered $1.1m per season for 4 years = $4.4m. That's not a $250k difference, it's a $2.7m difference. What player in their right mind is going to take $1.7m guaranteed instead of $4.4m guaranteed.

No player knows what is going to happen in the next contract period, he might have a career ending injury in season 1. With a 4 year contract he gets paid for 3 more years. With a 2 year contract he gets paid for 1 more year. The length of the contracts offered can't be ignored when comparing offers from different clubs.

The above to me indicates that Luai is pissed that he is still being low balled, not necessarily on $'s but absolutely on contract length. He might get over it to play with his buddies, but he might not.

Always a Bulldog
Luai dumped his old agent because his TPA fell over.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Panther can offer TPA's so can we? It basically cancels itself out (not like it's Storm or Bronco). We can offer the most in the salary cap. When you see how much $ and length of deal he's going to be giving up you'd have to say it's likely he leaves.
What about mental health??
Are Bulldogs going to pay for that for Luai for losing every week!! Lol

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he stays he's already squeezed an extra 50k out of the panthers.
850k per year in a team that you'll win games and premierships is pretty good.
At least you'll be happy rather then losing every week.
Money doesn’t buy happiness but an extra 300k+ per year would put a smile on your face

Status
Not open for further replies.