Official Gus on Twitter

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At present, the only positive from his game is his bombs. He just waits for the final pass and kicks it.
He needs to get more involved. He needs to develop a running game. I have always said his best position is in the centres.
This means that Sexton and Taafe will be the 1/2's and Crichton at f/b.
Also 3rd best try assists of any 5/8 this year.. more than the current Australian 5/8. He’ll get better in other parts of his game.. a good halfback will help.

Last edited:

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I personally like it Russ... Well not just the mural but seeing all the shops along the strip representing with some sort of Blue and White in them is just cool. You know your in Bulldog territory!
You misunderstand the point brother. There is way too much chatter (in my opinion) on something small like this.
Sure, it’s good Jobels thought of doing it, and have kept it going. Complaining about who they put on, who deserves to be on it, linking the decisions back to the state of the club etc. making something much bigger than it actually is.
Anyway, like I said I could just be in the minority about it.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
FMD, just kicks blah blah blah. Bullshit! Burton scored 4 tries, not enough but not nothing. Managed 16 try assists, that's more than Munster and more than Luai, same as Dylan Brown and 1 less than Reynolds. Same number of line breaks as Cleary, Tino, Manu, NAS, etc. More line break assists than Tedesco, Wighton, Moses, Grant, Hammer, Dearden, Townsend etc.

In our team he is heavily marked, we don't have many other quality players that take the opposition's attention aways from him. It's rather amazing that he has the same numbar of lines breaks as Cleary and Manu who have quality players around them to attract the opposition defence. More try assists than Munster, FMD considering the quality players Munster has around him to score the tries that he is assisting.

Can Burton do more, hell yes, but saying he does nothing but put up a bomb on the 5th is just nonsense.

Always a Bulldog
Some interesting stats. Didn't know they were that good! I guess the problem this year for Burton is he failed the eye test massively. I would also like to know where he sits in terms of giving away 7 tackle sets?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
not me cuz, i was hard for him most times
As usual, you're full if shit. You were drooling all over your phone when anyone mentioned good "ol' blue eyes"......

There....fixed it for you to what you were actually thinking!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate … he’s still dribbling over him …
I never dribbled over him. Despite him being VERY handsome but I’m not gay.
I wasn’t even a big fan. Barely spoke about him but when I did I did mention that he was mishandled and wasted by Pay. We had a gem and we kicked him round.
People forget he was considered one of our best players at the time.
Just read articles back then;
95E27F8E-9A5A-4E90-9408-A3278F95F140.jpeg