Stephen Crichton

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
From a fan:

Critta was the difference in turning the season around from the slow start. Him and Marto were on semi final beast mode from Round 5. . Gunna be nigh on impossible to replace, in defence especially ! Thanks for the memories Critta.

Screenshot_20231010_101646_Facebook.jpg

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
From a fan:

Critta was the difference in turning the season around from the slow start. Him and Marto were on semi final beast mode from Round 5. . Gunna be nigh on impossible to replace, in defence especially ! Thanks for the memories Critta.

View attachment 85731
The full story about him is quite a good one. Wasn’t even playing first div for his local club in his early teens. He has grown into one helluva player. Looking forward to seeing the influence he’ll have on the younger kids in our junior academy. I believe he’s been signed for what he brings off field as well as what he’ll give us on field.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The full story about him is quite a good one. Wasn’t even playing first div for his local club in his early teens. He has grown into one helluva player. Looking forward to seeing the influence he’ll have on the younger kids in our junior academy. I believe he’s been signed for what he brings off field as well as what he’ll give us on field.
First div isn't the be all or end all tbh.

Being around JRL for many years now, you get some gun players in div 2, most of the time they get pushed out for coaches pet's or coaches mates sons.

But like Critta, you can't hide talent like that.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
First div isn't the be all or end all tbh.

Being around JRL for many years now, you get some gun players in div 2, most of the time they get pushed out for coaches pet's or coaches mates sons.

But like Critta, you can't hide talent like that.
I totally agree bro I’ve recommended to a few parents to put their kid in second div to get their confidence up and also get more footy. It can hurt their development if they are playing 1st div in a side over coached or very strict structure (eg same runners to start every set etc) or sitting on the bench for long periods doesn’t help either.

The thing with Critta is I think he was playing 2nds or possibly 3rds I read when he was 15. So he wouldn’t have been playing against the best kids in his area, then not long after that he’s playing Harold Matt’s at Penrith arguably the toughest junior rep side to make. It’s a pretty epic rise if you consider he quickly became one of the most talented kids in the Penrith system .

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Crichton named at five-eighth for Samoa this weekend.
It will be good to see if he has any ball skills and a kicking game.
I was actually hoping he’d get named there. See what he’s got ball playing wise

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Back in my day my ball handling skills were sublime. Soft hands and great touch were my qualities.....
But that's enough about my off field shenanigans.....
Now they're too rough from Calluses.lol

Reactions: 88

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was actually hoping he’d get named there. See what he’s got ball playing wise
As soon as Luai was out, I thought he would be 6. If he plays welI I wonder what the Critta doubters on here will say? ‘It’s only against Australia’lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As soon as Luai was out, I thought he would be 6. If he plays welI I wonder what the Critta doubters on here will say? ‘It’s only against Australia’lol
Tbh bro I’m not fussed about them :tearsofjoy: I just want him to play well for us. It’s a big ask to go into the halves against Australia but it will give us an indication of what he is capable of.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh bro I’m not fussed about them :tearsofjoy: I just want him to play well for us. It’s a big ask to go into the halves against Australia but it will give us an indication of what he is capable of.
Not sure it matters bro. Samoa under strength and Australia should win by 20. If Critta plays even serviceable it will be a huge performance IMO

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure it matters bro. Samoa under strength and Australia should win by 20. If Critta plays even serviceable it will be a huge performance IMO
Of course bro. I don’t have expectations on him to tear up a very strong Australian side. I just want to see him do well for us whatever game he’s playing. Not fussed about shutting people up on here. Critta is quality IMHO