Bronson Xerri

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like all players, do not care how he’s going in the gym. I’ll judge him on whether he can run and tackle
Very much so. If physique and gym lifts counted for anything real Jake Turbo wouldn't have played a game in his life. Be good to see him play

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Squat jumps onto 2 stacked cube mats. Impressive.
Still piss all over any of our players this year, the pony is he hasn’t even played a game for us.. but still better lol. More so myself making a point of how much we SUCKED this year Wendy :tongueclosed:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've got high hopes for Xerri to return close to as good as he was. Wasn't keen on getting a drug cheat at first. But he copped more than his entire team did when they were caught on peptides prior to this. As long as he's never stupid enough to do it again I'll back him. Just hope he's still got timing and instincts when he plays again. He still looks like he's fucking athletic. His sprint trainer has confirmed he's still quick. But will he earn a start in round 1 or work his way back via the lower grades.

I know when we signed Hopoate after his 2 years off for mission thing that Jehovah's witnesses do, he never returned to his form pre mission. That's the worry with Xerri. But I think Xerri is far more motivated to prove himself again. He certainly isn't waiting on pre season to get fit.
Hopoate wasn’t flogging himself like this guy before the comeback. This guy looks hungry

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this is diff than hoppa. You can see how hungry and motivated he is. He is going to tear heads off. No doubt in my mind this guy will do amazing things in 2024 and beyond.
I’m thinking the same, won’t take long before he finds his timing during the game. The trials will be interesting. I’m betting he’ll kill it next year. What a weapon!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has definitely trimmed down which is good to see however I'm still going to place no expectations on him at this point as he's been away from the game for far too long. We also have to see how his body holds up during an NRL season now that he's not on the gear.
His body will hold up just like every other player in the NRL that’s not on the gear.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His body will hold up just like every other player in the NRL that’s not on the gear.
He has been on it his entire senior career, been out of the game for 4 years and has only done gym work. But yes, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about with our expert strength and conditioning team leading the way.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
That what I was impressed with too. His verticals is insane. Not sure how it translates to rugby league and the contact and the niggling injuries etc. but looks like a machine.
It’s all about leg power which would not only help his speed but tackle busting.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has been on it his entire senior career, been out of the game for 4 years and has only done gym work. But yes, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about with our expert strength and conditioning team leading the way.
His senior career stopped straight after he started at 19 years old. Not a long time for a senior career on steroids, unless of course you think he started the gear when he was 15..Lol

Yep, he’s been out of the game for 4 years and he’s making a comeback at 35 years old. Yep he’s washed up, another shit buy from Gus.

You’ve shot him and our strength and conditioning team down before a ball is kicked as usual, you’re on time and as per program. Wouldn’t expect anything less from you.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His senior career stopped straight after he started at 19 years old. Not a long time for a senior career on steroids, unless of course you think he started the gear when he was 15..Lol

Yep, he’s been out of the game for 4 years and he’s making a comeback at 35 years old. Yep he’s washed up, another shit buy from Gus.

You’ve shot him and our strength and conditioning team down before a ball is kicked as usual, you’re on time and as per program. Wouldn’t expect anything less from you.
I seriously don't know what is wrong with you guys, continually twisting my words.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this is diff than hoppa. You can see how hungry and motivated he is. He is going to tear heads off. No doubt in my mind this guy will do amazing things in 2024 and beyond.
Hopoate wasn’t flogging himself like this guy before the comeback. This guy looks hungry
I'm not thinking Xerri will return taking things at half pace like Hopoate seemed to. I don't mean to disrespect Hopoate, he was very much solid for us, but not explosive like before his time away. Xerri does seem fired up and I think he'll have a great year. But there's still that nagging doubt that it won't go well. I expect good things from him.

That what I was impressed with too. His verticals is insane. Not sure how it translates to rugby league and the contact and the niggling injuries etc. but looks like a machine.
Could mean he'll out jump a few players to catch attacking or defensive kicks.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got high hopes for Xerri to return close to as good as he was. Wasn't keen on getting a drug cheat at first. But he copped more than his entire team did when they were caught on peptides prior to this. As long as he's never stupid enough to do it again I'll back him. Just hope he's still got timing and instincts when he plays again. He still looks like he's fucking athletic. His sprint trainer has confirmed he's still quick. But will he earn a start in round 1 or work his way back via the lower grades.

I know when we signed Hopoate after his 2 years off for mission thing that Jehovah's witnesses do, he never returned to his form pre mission. That's the worry with Xerri. But I think Xerri is far more motivated to prove himself again. He certainly isn't waiting on pre season to get fit.
Hoppa is a mormon. The JW doorknock rather than the 2 year mission.