Stephen Crichton

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re in for a rude shock if you think Hutchinson and Taaffe are going to do a better job than Burton. LOL at this fascination with Taaffe? Has he even played in the halves at NRL level? He couldn’t even displace the underperforming Illias
Oh fark off, Taafe was told to concentrate on fullback, he was on standby every game for when Mitchell fell over, which he did capably for 8 games.

Always a Bulldog

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will admit wasn't keen on this signing at the start, but the more time goes by i think we are pretty lucky to get some of these great players to our club especially where we are at the moment.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone reckon that 03/04 team could have done the 3 peat, if it wasn’t for the the club getting greedy?
Also fuck off flannagun ya not even at the club anymore, for all your bullshit posts you’re now as useless as Paul crawly’s face, if he put his face in snow it would resemble a scrotum you bitchy fuck
For us to have got a three=peat in the early noughties, 2 things needed to happen: the club needed to hang on to JT, and replace Folkes with a real coach. If we had done the second, the first would have happened automatically.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are arguing with a guy that rates averiilo to highly and prob believes we should have kept av & not sign critta. This guy is waiting for next yr just to say I told you so. His whole agenda is in hope critta fails at 1 just so he can say I told you so. Critta v Av is not even close even at double the contract.
There’s a few here that believe the same thing, that they want us to fail so they can say see I told you so I’m always right.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's always been talented and made big plays but this year he's gone to another level in attack and defence. I can't wait to see him in the blue and white and I could care less what position he plays. He's a baller plain and simple
There is a genuine belief amongst the chiefs that he has the talent and the intelligence to play anywhere from 1-7

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ha ha, I guess the dollars will dull the pain. We will miss him, the guy is just made for the big moments. His win rate is insane.
Of course Critta signed for the dollars but Panthers didn't offer him enough commensurate with his value to either Penrith or another club...like us.

He seems like a loyal kinda guy and probably was swayed by Ciraldo as well having an influence over his footy career coming thru the grades as well.

He will greatly help the Bulldogs (all being equal) ... and the coach getting our roster up to speed and competing to the necessary standards.

It's very impressive by Penrith fans that they still hold him in such high regard regardless that he is leaving to play for us. A testament to him and your supporters.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
There’s a few here that believe the same thing, that they want us to fail so they can say see I told you so I’m always right.
Yep it's easy to kick when they're down. That's between a fan n a supporter, the fan is just a blow in lol

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second best player behind Cleary to turn the game. We got a gun player. He’ll help elevate Burton back to his best.
This is fact. Edwards wasn’t very effective and Luai was on the bench. If not for Critta and Cleary, they lose that game. Critta just has a knack of clutch plays. A couple of repeat sets that gave them more opportunities and a strong try.

Anyone criticising his signing is a clown.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is fact. Edwards wasn’t very effective and Luai was on the bench. If not for Critta and Cleary, they lose that game. Critta just has a knack of clutch plays. A couple of repeat sets that gave them more opportunities and a strong try.

Anyone criticising his signing is a clown.
Early on Edwards just uncharacteristicly wasn't in the game and looked down and out...then a few players stepped up and the others followed including him as he started to find holes and make an impact.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD he ran for 296 metres of which 73 metres were post contact, looks pretty farkin effective to me.
Without those metres Cleary or Crichton aren't in any position to score.

Always a Bulldog
He didn’t threaten the defence I meant. You can run for 500m, if you’re not creating repeat sets, or other scoring opportunities, you’re not going to be the difference. All clutch plays that got Perith the w8n were from Critta and Cleary. Critta two or three repeat sets from grubbers and a try. Cleary, linebreak to setup Leota, a 40/20 and the game winning try. All other players contributed to different levels, bit those two provided the crucial plays.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have lost count of the number of times I’ve told you I’m all for us rebuilding pathways…. But we still need better decision making that will improve our club in the short term…. We shouldn’t have to wait another 5 years for success. We haven’t played finals in half a dozen years and when Gus signed on here, he said we wouldn’t t take as long to fix as the panthers, because our club was in better shape. He should 100 percent be measured against those words… no matter how hard he tries to change the messaging.

Flegg results don’t always translate to premiership success. Penrith went back to back in 2006-07 in flegg and didn’t win a comp until 2021. They only finished in the 8 twice between 2008 and 2015.

If young players don’t think they will win in first grade here, or if they believe they aren’t being developed right, they will just go elsewhere.

Now please stop tagging me and trying to intellectually one up me. The reality is, I’m much smarter than you.
I’ve never once thought I was smarter than anyone on TK, I really don’t give a thought to that chit, obviously it’s important to you though, so if you think you’re so intelligent congratulations, but also know that self praise is really no praise at all.

Moving away from the topic of your huge ego & back to footy, everyone wants a competitive 1st grade team as well as a successful pathways system … but there’s no magic wand …. CC & Gould aren’t stupid, they know we need a better spine & better forwards and that 1st grade needs to be a lot better.

Maybe you could use all that intelligence of yours and explain to everyone on TK here where we can pull an elite 7, elite 6 .. and 2 or 3 elite forwards from …. and don’t pull your old you’re not in recruitment BS excuse … if you’re going to keep bagging Gould & CC out whinging that they should be going after better forwards & a better spine instead of an elite centre …. put forward some suggestions on who they should be going after, because most of us on TK, plus those in charge at the club aren’t seeing any available ?

So what does someone as intelligent as yourself suggest ?

Everyone on TK here awaits this elite list that you think Gould & CC should be buying !

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do Kennellers tag guys then complain about them clogging up the threads with their comebacks and opinions.

When you are you guys gonna just ignore and stop platforming the alternate povs.

Poke the bear: then complain you have to keep reading their negative stuff about the clubs decisions etc. Crazy stuff.
Why are you raising issues if you don't want us to discuss them Wendy? ;)
Why even bother posting?
Why am I bothering with this post?
Why, oh why, oh why indeed!

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes a vgood centre but the fact still stands that this signing almost more damage to us than good. U dont pay rockstar money for a fucken centre under any circumstance, and certainly not when we dont yet have a decent halfback, fullback or forward pack. Its so detremental and just proves weve learnt nothing

Look forward to all the apologys from everyone next yr while u all keep scratching ur heads as to why we are still challenging for the spoon

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hes a vgood centre but the fact still stands that this signing almost more damage to us than good. U dont pay rockstar money for a fucken centre under any circumstance, and certainly not when we dont yet have a decent halfback, fullback or forward pack. Its so detremental and just proves weve learnt nothing

Look forward to all the apologys from everyone next yr while u all keep scratching ur heads as to why we are still challenging for the spoon
you are a dickhead, we paid big money for Jmoz. We’ve done it in the past with success.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are a dickhead, we paid big money for Jmoz. We’ve done it in the past with success.
Showing your low IQ and lack of comprehension skills here champ. When we signed jmoz we had guys in the squad like Barba, kimmorley, ennis, Hannant, patten, bobcat etc. I have no issues with adding a quality centre to the team when youve already got quality in key positions like we had then

So yeah, really terrible comparison youve put forward there. Do better