Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
700k still wouldnt be a bargin. Itd be about market value for a premo centre, maybe slight overs if anything. And yes we are paying him 900k, reality, deal with it
You know nothing, only here for trolling negative crap! Show us the contract details? Waiting...
Teach us, other than trolling wise one about solutions? Got nothing as usual..

What could you do better?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know nothing, only here for trolling negative crap! Show us the contract details? Waiting...
Teach us, other than trolling wise one about solutions? Got nothing as usual..

What could you do better?
Plenty

Show me the 700k contract mick doohan

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was in article about the 50 or 100 highest earners months ago. Can't be fucked looking for it. But the truth is out there
Found it. The 650k stated is what hes getting paid at the panthers now dude

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Jarrod Croker is also on 650k in 2023. Zac Lomax is on 700k.
*edit Staggs on 700k Manu 820k Holmes 875k

Crichton has scored a try in the last 3 gf's. Took 14 seconds to score his 1st try in NRL. Is 23 years old and already has more big dick plays than Skippy the bush kangaroo.
We have to spend 95% of cap regardless. Don't see what all the bitching and moaning is about

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If thats the case then thats just too much money spent in the centres

But as u noted, he would also be an ‘experimental fullback’ if played there so it really is a questionable signing no matter from what angle U assess it from
No matter where he plays, he will be a drastic improvement for us in that position

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s all about the context in Crichton’s position for 2024 situation. If you look back at direct quotes Gus says he was signed with an eye on the fullback position and at that point in time we desperately needed that position strengthened for 2024.

The fact that he also mentioned that Crichton was not concerned what position he played and that he would play where the team needed him along with the fact that since those comments we have signed Taffe, suggests that the off season will determine who plays fullback.

I would also think the fact that CC will be looking to sure up our edge defense (huge issue this year) and that Crichton is one of the best (if not the best) in this department would have a big influence on the final call.
I think he is better for us at centre, with Taaffe or Wilson at fb

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jarrod Croker is also on 650k in 2023. Zac Lomax is on 700k.
*edit Staggs on 700k Manu 820k Holmes 875k

Crichton has scored a try in the last 3 gf's. Took 14 seconds to score his 1st try in NRL. Is 23 years old and already has more big dick plays than Skippy the bush kangaroo.
We have to spend 95% of cap regardless. Don't see what all the bitching and moaning is about
Rather Critta over Manu, Holmes and just about anyone. Big dick defense and plays.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Rather Critta over Manu, Holmes and just about anyone. Big dick defense and plays.
If we're not talking about value the ONLY centre I'd rather over Crichton is Manu. But then I'd play him at fb.
Crichton is more clutch but Manu is a seriously skilful athlete who is used poorly at Roosters. Any other team he is the fb or 5/8 but sombrero sombrero