News How Do You Expect To Win : Stephen Crichton's Blunt Assessment Of Canterbury’s Criticism Ahead Of Career Defining Move

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So looking forward to 24, a couple more key signings and we will be very competitive IMO
No no no no no.

I remember saying before the 2021 season how much I was looking forward to it. Said something like “I will guarantee one thing, we will be much better than the year before”.

Since then I refuse to look forward to the next year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sack Crichton
I

I think it's inevitable that he regresses in this team. We just hope the players around him lift, so his drop is only 20%.

But the writing is on the wall. Especially as he's not a halves player and needs to rely on them to sustain his level.
Just have to be optimistic, wait and see if the coach and team can get it together after this fairly drastic re-set. Feeling hopeful that new standards have been firmly stamped into the roster and the coaching staff.

With all the turmoil this year, there's no reason to think that things, and lessons, haven't been learnt for 2024 and we achieve much better results.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Firstly, IMO if he didn't have faith in Ciro he wouldn't have signed, no regrets could well mean he could see the wider picture of a brighter future, yes we did regress after 10 rounds but do you agree major injuries were the main reasons.
Have faith, we will get there !
100% we regressed because of our horrific injury toll. It’s what started the rot. We didn’t have enough depth and copped injuries to our most experienced and talented players. At one stage we had about 8 players of the 17 who had less than 12 NRL games to their name.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only 22 and he plays like this, 2024 gunna be big no doubt,

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Young enough to still be hungry? Who knows. He’s done everything in the game bar a state of origin win, which should come with time.

we’ll see how it goes. It’s easy to get motivated when you’re doing well and you’re working towards something. It’s not easy to get up again after you’ve done nothing but get hammered and lose. I don’t think he’s ever been to a place like ours. Hope he turns out well. if nothing else, it’ll be a huge character building exercise for him

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM reported to the coach about what some players complained to him about and rightly so, that is his job as a leader !
He was wrong by releasing this to the media, none other than The Daily Tellacrap.
I didn't know leadership was complaining to the coach about younger players sooky la la.
If he had leadership he would of told them to quit sooking and train harder.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's actually not the stars (Crighton) that lift the team....

It's the lesser known players that can lift and motivate the players around them.

Guys like Preston who was a nobody prior to this season, yet players around him would have gained confidence watching him go well and allow them to ride the wave.

It's happened with the Broncos and Billy Walters. He was rubbish prior this season and easily the weakest link at start of season. But he improved out of sight and it rubbed off on the rest of his teammates. Now he's one of the better hookers in the game and key to their spine success.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
trusting the process becomes much clearer when you hear it from someone who knows how to win, and sadly its use to be our players setting standards. having people from winning systems and combining them is a good idea and not a quick fix. you want good players to become jnrs than you need lucrative players to entice them too join.. our future may not be as dim as once proposed i would like to hope

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No no no no no.

I remember saying before the 2021 season how much I was looking forward to it. Said something like “I will guarantee one thing, we will be much better than the year before”.

Since then I refuse to look forward to the next year.
TBH I haven’t really looked forward to a season starting for at least 5 or 6 years but I have a good feeling we will improve next year, mainly because I think we have finally gotten to the root cause of our culture issues, if we can nail a couple of decent prop signings we could finish 10/12 next year which will be a win in my book.
And let’s face it, if you are still a Genuine Dogs fan after the last decade you are a fucking eternal optimist.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Young enough to still be hungry? Who knows. He’s done everything in the game bar a state of origin win, which should come with time.

we’ll see how it goes. It’s easy to get motivated when you’re doing well and you’re working towards something. It’s not easy to get up again after you’ve done nothing but get hammered and lose. I don’t think he’s ever been to a place like ours. Hope he turns out well. if nothing else, it’ll be a huge character building exercise for him
Nah his character is already built, winners don’t Quit, API is living testament to that. Crichton will be a good example to our pups because he knows what winning looks like and how to get there and he’s from their generation.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has so much big game experience,it's hard to believe he is only 22