Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he's inevitably sacked this year, he'll leave the club in a much worse off state than when he took over and that's saying a lot. 400m he's spent.

I keep sitting here saying that it's still early days and he can change things around but ... I just don't see it.
Worse than Ole?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. But that doesn't mean the manager can't be held accountable. There needs to come a time when people stop blaming just the owners
The owners are the common denominator during our fall.

Supporters of other clubs rate the owners WAY higher than United fans.

Sure, we spend money ... but it is beyond ludicrous as to how it is spent.

I think you all hope they stay on to be honest.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The owners are the common denominator during our fall.

Supporters of other clubs rate the owners WAY higher than United fans.

Sure, we spend money ... but it is beyond ludicrous as to how it is spent.

I think you all hope they stay on to be honest.
Of course we're happy. I hope they stay forever!

I don't rate your owners at all, and see them as poison to your club as I understand completely where you're all coming from. So many top managers have come in and been backed but all have failed. What's the common the dominator? The owners of course.

I understand that.

But ... it still doesn't mean that Ten Haag is a good manager and is devoid of criticism. I said last year I wasn't convinced, said before the season started he'd be sacked and I stick to that.

He's made signings according to his wishes. Antony. Casemiro. Onana. That Dane forward.

He backed Greenwood. Is backing Antony. But then throws Sancho under the bus.

I just don't think he's as good as people make him out to be

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you know i support Ten Hag but last night for the first time i admit to having some doubts.

Even Casemiro was shocking which really has me thinking.

His subs were borderline ridiculous ... Bruno was playing CB at the end.

Still place 95% of the blame on the owners ... the club is toxic.

Bayern in the Champions league will be interesting to say the least.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As you know i support Ten Hag but last night for the first time i admit to having some doubts.

Even Casemiro was shocking which really has me thinking.

His subs were borderline ridiculous ... Bruno was playing CB at the end.

Still place 95% of the blame on the owners ... the club is toxic.

Bayern in the Champions league will be interesting to say the least.
I know you support him and you're not blind. Maybe you're right and he comes good? I don't know.

When casemiro signed up I giggled as I thought he was another rash United signing getting in big names on massive money. But, he was sensational last year. This year?

It seems as tho his passion isn't there? Not as fit as last year. Strange?

I don't know. When managers are under the cosh they can make strange decisions. Klopp was terrible at interchanges last year, but maybe it was due to a lack of options off the bench?

Maybe it's because you've had so many injuries he's got no options to change things?

You've got plenty of injuries so maybe when you get players back? It's certainly possible as your next 5 or so games are easy from memory?

Let's see where you are after those games, but to be out of the title race in September isn't good, especially the ones you won should've been draws because of bad reffing

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course we're happy. I hope they stay forever!

I don't rate your owners at all, and see them as poison to your club as I understand completely where you're all coming from. So many top managers have come in and been backed but all have failed. What's the common the dominator? The owners of course.

I understand that.

But ... it still doesn't mean that Ten Haag is a good manager and is devoid of criticism. I said last year I wasn't convinced, said before the season started he'd be sacked and I stick to that.

He's made signings according to his wishes. Antony. Casemiro. Onana. That Dane forward.

He backed Greenwood. Is backing Antony. But then throws Sancho under the bus.

I just don't think he's as good as people make him out to be
How do you know he has thrown Sancho under the bus? ... he tried the softly, softly approach last season, even giving him time off.

Sancho has a history of poor attitude/ late for training, going back to his Man City days.

Like the situation at Canterbury i back the manager 100% in this instance.

We were a little lucky last season mainly because you guys and Chelsea shit the bed, but we still achieved top 4 and a trophy.

At different times last season i thought we were going good ...good enough to win our bet :grinning:

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you support him and you're not blind. Maybe you're right and he comes good? I don't know.

When casemiro signed up I giggled as I thought he was another rash United signing getting in big names on massive money. But, he was sensational last year. This year?

It seems as tho his passion isn't there? Not as fit as last year. Strange?

I don't know. When managers are under the cosh they can make strange decisions. Klopp was terrible at interchanges last year, but maybe it was due to a lack of options off the bench?

Maybe it's because you've had so many injuries he's got no options to change things?

You've got plenty of injuries so maybe when you get players back? It's certainly possible as your next 5 or so games are easy from memory?

Let's see where you are after those games, but to be out of the title race in September isn't good, especially the ones you won should've been draws because of bad reffing
I thought Ole was a trash manager but i do not get the same vibe with Ten Hag ...just my opinion though.

HE had Ajax humming in the Champions League, so he can't be a dud.

I see your point though and many more knowledgeable than myself do not rate Ten Hag.

As for the bad reffing, we got lucky against Wolves ... so i aint using it as an excuse.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Chelsea aren’t getting Europe

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do you know he has thrown Sancho under the bus? ... he tried the softly, softly approach last season, even giving him time off.

Sancho has a history of poor attitude/ late for training, going back to his Man City days.

Like the situation at Canterbury i back the manager 100% in this instance.

We were a little lucky last season mainly because you guys and Chelsea shit the bed, but we still achieved top 4 and a trophy.

At different times last season i thought we were going good ...good enough to win our bet :grinning:
Hmm I was hoping you'd forget about the bet ...

Sancho was one of the hottest players on the market lighting up the Bundesliga. A shitload of teams were after him, with Liverpool favourites at one point.

So, I don't think he has prior training issues.

The problem I see and have been saying for some time are the ridiculously high wages you pay them.

Makes them spoilt brats giving them so much at a young age.

I do feel Ten Haag has thrown him under the bus with this. Always keep such stuff private.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Ole was a trash manager but i do not get the same vibe with Ten Hag ...just my opinion though.

HE had Ajax humming in the Champions League, so he can't be a dud.

I see your point though and many more knowledgeable than myself do not rate Ten Hag.

As for the bad reffing, we got lucky against Wolves ... so i aint using it as an excuse.
Oh, completely different managers. You're right.

Ole was a stop gap who your club sillily extended.

I think the expectations for Ten Haag are naturally much higher. Maybe he comes good, but I've got my doubts.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This type of comment just tells me he's our of his league. Already setting up his excuses, just like with Bruno asking for apologies from the ref ...

Ten Hag: “It’s not ‘crisis’ — but we’ve to be disappointed. All the teams have spent a lot of money. Brighton have spent money. When Man Utd come, it inflates the price. That is also true”.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Antony will be back sooner than later.

One of the women withdrew her allegation and the other seems to be disproven after Antony released messages of her talking about how good of a night she had with him a few days after the alleged encounter.

Probably why no charges have been laid.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmm I was hoping you'd forget about the bet ...

Sancho was one of the hottest players on the market lighting up the Bundesliga. A shitload of teams were after him, with Liverpool favourites at one point.

So, I don't think he has prior training issues.

The problem I see and have been saying for some time are the ridiculously high wages you pay them.

Makes them spoilt brats giving them so much at a young age.

I do feel Ten Haag has thrown him under the bus with this. Always keep such stuff private.
Dortmund had to have a coach pick Sancho up in the mornings to ensure he stopped arriving late. There’s a fair bit on his training issues at Dortmund.

But that’s on us to find out before we spend big money on him. But that was a Woodward signing and we all know how horrible he was at related football related.