News Thompson happy to take pay cut to play at the roosters

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Without knowing whether or not Thompson has been told to kick rocks, I still consider it a slap in the face to come out publicly and declare you'll take a paycut for another team.

Hasn't provided anywhere near value for money even when fit and if he had any respect for the club or team mates the public statement we should be hearing is "I owe Canterbury for looking after me and I'd like to sign a reduced contract to pay them back".

We've been dusted in the forwards and look skinny in that department next year and I'd imagine if he stated publicly or approached Gus/Ciro about helping the club out on a reduced contract for 1 year it helps both parties out.

But go bitch it and disrespect the club and the team mates you've stolen from by declaring you'll take a paycut to play for one of our biggest rivals. Each to their own.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Without knowing whether or not Thompson has been told to kick rocks, I still consider it a slap in the face to come out publicly and declare you'll take a paycut for another team.

Hasn't provided anywhere near value for money even when fit and if he had any respect for the club or team mates the public statement we should be hearing is "I owe Canterbury for looking after me and I'd like to sign a reduced contract to pay them back".

We've been dusted in the forwards and look skinny in that department next year and I'd imagine if he stated publicly or approached Gus/Ciro about helping the club out on a reduced contract for 1 year it helps both parties out.

But go bitch it and disrespect the club and the team mates you've stolen from by declaring you'll take a paycut to play for one of our biggest rivals. Each to their own.
Except he didn’t come out publically amd say it, weidler did

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You are the biggest flog.

I told you Thompson was long gone and told he won't be resigned back in May...

Now you say offer him 500k.

Nasheed , you have deadset NFI , your a petty poster...
But that wasn’t true.
you liek to ignore the fact that Gus himself said on tv and on Twitter he wa having meetings with Luke and his management about a potential deal. Yore also ignoring what Actros said.
I’ve told you this and you know it so what is the net you won’t reply to this and are trolling.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
"Told those close to him" or let the Roosters know so now it's public knowledge. Should've been declaring his interest in paying the Dogs back first and foremost
He did though but if he hasn’t been re signed what’s he to do.
He gave his all for the doggs

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
He did though but if he hasn’t been re signed what’s he to do.
He gave his all for the doggs
Where was the "told those close to him he'll repay the dogs" articles?
You have a funny way of viewing someone that gives their all

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that was a bit over the top lol **** must have been on those warm English beers lol. I reckon @Actros is either Thommo himself or a family member. Good on him for supporting Thommo but no fan can be happy with how this signing panned out
You can if you were thommo :tearsofjoy:

Money in the bank

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad roosters are sucking up salary cap to buy duds. Please head over Luke & may the force be with you as you fuck their roster & cap.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not take a pay cut at Canterbury, if it takes him time to get into top gear then build in nsw cup, he's good enough to have about.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread but Roosters have Collins JWH, May, Radley Lenui, Whyte - cant see Thompson, based on how he played at the Dogs being needed by the Roosters nor getting anymore than occasional bench time.

Does anyone know if Thompson will be playing in the England V Tonga series - given his history it would be a risk for anyone to sign him until after that series?

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember he dominated at times in 2021.
He still has it to be the top 3 peope in the game and that’s honest. He hasn’t displayed it but it’s obviously there.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Swoop in on that Whyte. Hasn’t played much at all this year.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Swoop in on that Whyte. Hasn’t played much at all this year.
Exactly.
He was out injured most of the year and was a little undercooked upon return. But had a pre season that was strong