News James Graham goes toe to toe with the drunk tonight 6.30pm (video up in original post)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually read / heard that t baz or Gus said burto was the better half when they were all coming up the ranks. It’s increasingly obvious that isn’t the case anymore.
The whole Penrith establishment were saying it, even brandy. Whenever they spoke about cleary, they were saying wait until you see this kid (Burton) we have in reserve grade, he's even better

It panned out differently. Cleary is light years ahead of Burton.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Say your the top dog, how long do you give CC to show results?
Need to see improvement straight away. For me it’s in all the effort areas. Not expecting miracles, just hard work. Again though I’m happy for the coach to let players go if they aren’t putting in. I’m sick of being a club where players earn top dollars and wouldn’t get a start in another team. Realistically though I’m not expecting much next year, unless a rookie comes out of no where. Borderline top 8 be great. I just hope he gets time, I’d hate to see he’s career ruined without a proper chance.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually read / heard that t baz or Gus said burto was the better half when they were all coming up the ranks. It’s increasingly obvious that isn’t the case anymore.
That was actually Brandy:tearsofjoy: that should have been the red flag right there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did you even know who he was, when he was in Penriths reserve grade
Yes because I saw footage from the lower grades with Burton, Crichton, Averillo and a few others in a game. Averillo burned Crichton and Burton to score a try in that game. That did happen btw but seriously yes, Burton was hyped up like crazy but from the limited vision I saw of him I never bought into it. He was just a big kid with a big kick and big step that physically dominated, that's it. Playmaking was severely lacking and to this day still is.

Anyway I'm going to finish my assignment that was due on the weekend and then watch one piece. Everyone enjoy celebrating this meaningless NRL 360 win :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Need to see improvement straight away. For me it’s in all the effort areas. Not expecting miracles, just hard work. Again though I’m happy for the coach to let players go if they aren’t putting in. I’m sick of being a club where players earn top dollars and wouldn’t get a start in another team. Realistically though I’m not expecting much next year, unless a rookie comes out of no where. Borderline top 8 be great. I just hope he gets time, I’d hate to see he’s career ruined without a proper chance.
I'm with you but probably not as lenient. I'd give him to round 10 but I'd be fishing for a replacement from tomorrow morning.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes because I saw footage from the lower grades with Burton, Crichton, Averillo and a few others in a game. Averillo burned Crichton and Burton to score a try in that game. That did happen btw but seriously yes, Burton was hyped up like crazy but from the limited vision I saw of him I never bought into it. He was just a big kid with a big kick and big step that physically dominated, that's it. Playmaking was severely lacking and to this day still is.

Anyway I'm going to finish my assignment that was due on the weekend and then watch one piece. Everyone enjoy celebrating this meaningless NRL 360 win :tearsofjoy:
One piece is Awesome finished the first season last night.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Ok ill leave you to it but.....

Watching one game doesn't mean you could make a judgement on his potential

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's pretty clear to me that the root cause of our problems is, and has always been, our complete disregard of fixing the spine.

We are hiring and firing a number of players and the truth is, they are not in positions to make a difference to the success of the club.

Buzz has made an indirect reference to this and I wish the club just came out and acknowledged that they have made choices that haven't all worked out. But they continue to strive to make amends.

And then go out and fucking do it. Don't sit there and allow everyone to second guess.

Fix the spine, win games and these "problems" start fucking disappearing quick smart.

One only has to look at Newcastle who spent big on a superstar and after some uncertainty last year and half of this year, have put their problems in the past.
The issue is they have is the Spine candidates are very few and far between in the NRL.
We previously also showed interest in Toby Rudolph, Brandon Smith , Nicho Hynes Finucane, Hass, Tino, Moses Leniu, Fisher,AFB and Shaun Johnson Ben Hunt. So it's a simply a Manager and clubs competing for the same bunch of Alphas and Spine players. It's extremely hard to recruit at the bottom. Look at the other 2 bottom clubs for example in Dragons and Tigers.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven't read the 14 pages of comments but FARK Rothfield is a rude prick, constantly interjecting Graham when he tried to talk. Came across as nothing but a gossip columnist who has never played a football in his life.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't read the 14 pages of comments but FARK Rothfield is a rude prick, constantly interjecting Graham when he tried to talk. Came across as nothing but a gossip columnist who has never played a football in his life.
Hes not a rude prick. These shock jock pieces of shit, know they get a win as long as they derail your argument and have you jumping from point to point unable to get enough time to defend each point

All the pieces of shit like Hadley, Fordham, bolt, etc do this crap.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He hasn’t arrived yet and you criticised him already.
Fuck I’ll hate to see what happens after a loss.
Lafam, he coached an NRL side once and it was an unmitigated disaster. He even got punched out by one of his own players, so I'm sure he'll be great for discipline lololol

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like him or not, we need to get Hunt here ASAP. He isn't the best, just the most plausible.
The best feel good moment of my day was watching a replay of Sunday Night with Matty Johns earlier today, where at one stage, Brian Fletcher made a "joke" about Hunt going to the Bulldogs.....

Even if it isn't true, I just like the rumour of it.
If you get a chance to watch a replay, please do. He said it in a way as though they (Fletch, Hindu and Matty) know something and it's the world's worst kept secret....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's exactly what he is, a gossip columnist who has never played even park footy in his life.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was it the pride jersey argument or the incoherent shit about recruitment that gave him the points victory? Fkn clown ****
What waas the pride jersey about ...with any relevence to Davey at all?
The guy is a shit stirring fool with a pathological obsession with Gus thru our club and a desperate need to stay as a gutter media influencer lol.