News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The loudest in our team song is the player in question.

He did turn up late whilst the lads were in the gym session doing wrestling drills.

He was asked to stay back and wrestle 10 players 1 after the other. During or after he said f this and walked out.

It is toxic. Because the Sutton incident happened a week later. Has any player played since?
What was the Sutton incident?

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
more evidence of gould trying to fuck over the bulldogs, asking ricky to get thurston to break his contract with us ffs

Gould wrote yesterday: "When Stuart left the Bulldogs to coach the Roosters he was asked if he could coax a young Johnathan Thurston to switch with him. Stuart abruptly rejected the proposal."

The criticism, and Stuart's response, reveal much about both men.

"When it was mentioned to me at the time about bringing Johnathan across I said I would not do that to Canterbury, a club that had been good to me as a player and also in my first year as a coach," Stuart said.

"I said I'm not going to ask Johnathan to break a two-year deal."

When Thurston was later off-contract, Gould again questioned Stuart's decision to reject approaching him.

"When that opportunity arrived we had Brett Finch at halfback and Brad Fittler at five-eighth and no room for Johnathan, who had to play first grade.

"That was the reason he was leaving Canterbury, because he couldn't get a first grade spot."
He said Gould's animosity was based on jealousy.

then for all you assholes who think he was just doing the best for his club the roosters, here he is trying to get souths to up their offer to thurston, so he was also doing what was best for the main rival to his club and obviously the main goal is to again fuck us, just like he did in 1995, just like he did in 2007 and 2008 and tried to do in 2002

Thurston also had interest from the Rabbitohs. Former Bulldogs forward, Paul Dunn, was the South Sydney CEO chief executive, offering Thurston $120,000 a year, almost double what he was on at Canterbury.

Phil Gould was a close friend and adviser to Dunn and advised him to bump the offer up to $200,000 and that he wouldn’t regret it.
Do you really know why he had to leave the Bulldogs?
Coffs Harbour???

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Broke down at training about 4 weeks ago and hasn't been selected since
He was selected after that, Canberra game? did the midweek player press conference but dropped out the day before the game. Rfm dropped out in the warm up

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He was selected after that, Canberra game? did the midweek player press conference but dropped out the day before the game. Rfm dropped out in the warm up
They were never playing. Probably just the club trying to appear sweet.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were never playing. Probably just the club trying to appear sweet.
May well be, I wrote at the time seemed too much of a coincidence for them both to be named and drop out so late. Added at the time that it was odd topine hadn't been named anywhere for weeks.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? As club captain he should have reinforced the values of our club coach and told them, "if you want to win games and play in a successful team you need to listen to your coach, stop moaning, and harden the fuck up!!".
Ciraldo knows what success looks like, and im not even sure RFM has played finals football. Perhaps he should better understand his role as club captain, which I assume is to drive home the importance of the clubs culture, the culture that Ciraldo is pushing to install in the players. Instead RFM say, "your right bro, chur for sharing bro. You shouldn't have to train so hard for that 200k + salary. I will have a chat to the boss. Chur".
Nice bit of casual racism there flamer

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They know exactly who it is, despite CC saying otherwise.
They would know for sure who it was and probley who the mole is they won’t say it I wouldn’t be suprised if a player is let go in the off-season who is on contract. Plus that player is not the sort player anyone will rehire leaking info to the press and sensitive information