Other News Source Eels looking at Waddell and Alamoti

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Waddell will get signed somewhere. He’s not flash but he gets through some work through the middle or off the bench and is a decent budget option in the squad.
If Eels picked up Davey then Waddell will get an offer off someone.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He gives away less penalties than Preston and his error count is very low this year. We’re already saying goodbye to TPJ and probably Thompson. While those guys have not been setting the word on fire, it leaves us very thin on middles, with not many options on the market.

Re-signing Waddell and using him as a middle next year should be a no brainer, imo.
we'll be fine we have Hughes and patolo to play in the middle next year......

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t mind waddel extending cheaply. Good squad player and tries hard and defends well. Becoming our tolman.
If he gets extended cheaply we can launch hard at a marquee like Knowles or Fotieaka.

One caveat to that:
This presumes RFM and Topine is exited from the club
Waddell's been trying hard but he just doesn't have the ability. I still think he's a statue in the second row and ruins all attacking play when he gets the ball. Throw in his errors and penalties. We need a lot better.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we'll be fine we have Hughes and patolo to play in the middle next year......
Oh, in that case we are in great hands with two fringies who couldn't get a start over the blokes who are leaving.... one of whom has been around for some time now and doesn't seem to have the goods. Assuming they aren't among the blokes who want out. Geez you guys have some weird takes.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh, in that case we are in great hands with two fringies who couldn't get a start over the blokes who are leaving.... one of whom has been around for some time now and doesn't seem to have the goods. Assuming they aren't among the blokes who want out. Geez you guys have some weird takes.
u know i was trolling lol, Hughes and patolo are injury prone so well probs need waddell for another year or 2

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The other thing is there’s no point getting rid of Waddell and then signing another player like Davey. We need to start building on our squad not chopping it like a Japanese sexual killer.
We need to not only build, but tell the market the doggs aren’t a transit club that just punts you shook is what has been happening every year and we r the only team that have done this yearly (getting rid of 9+ players every year)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Waddell absolutely must be resigned. He makes more effort than most of our forwards.
Unless Gus finds another workhorse, Waddell staying is a must.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Heard a couple of things that I can’t verify as 100% but still coming from a good place, that Waddell and Alamoti are being looked at very closely as squad players for the eels.
Alamoti I’m more confident about because the sticking point is he wants a longer deal than being offered.
With Barrett being at the Eels I could see this being solid oil.
He loves those two.

Whether we should be keeping either of them all comes down to whether they’ve bought into the hard stance CC is setting and whether they’re positive about it or part of the whinging problem we have at the moment …

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He gives away less penalties than Preston and his error count is very low this year. We’re already saying goodbye to TPJ and probably Thompson. While those guys have not been setting the word on fire, it leaves us very thin on middles, with not many options on the market.

Re-signing Waddell and using him as a middle next year should be a no brainer, imo.
Yep, unless we have already bagged better middles, I think he should get at least 1 year

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell's been trying hard but he just doesn't have the ability. I still think he's a statue in the second row and ruins all attacking play when he gets the ball. Throw in his errors and penalties. We need a lot better.
This, people saying he's been one of our best this year doesn’t mean much imo, he's apart of the problems not the solution.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbaz loves Waddell for some reason?
Sort of see why now good budget player works hard a good run or two and don’t recall many errors this year from him. T Baz was obsessed though nhmber 1 on the sheet didn’t help in the end.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waddell has been our best player this year. I think he is worth keeping . Has been a liability in the past , but he is one player who has vastly improved under Ciro

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at, and then slowly turning away pretending like they didn’t just make eye contact

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kidding right? He's been the best of a bad bunch
Yea, but reality is, he’s never going to start over Preston or Kikau so if someone comes along offering him “starter money” we shouldn’t be getting in a bidding war over him.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yea, but reality is, he’s never going to start over Preston or Kikau so if someone comes along offering him “starter money” we shouldn’t be getting in a bidding war over him.
He won't be getting starter money. He is very underrated for what he offers